December 22, 2014 | 1782 users online

Lip Gloss - Jordana - Lip Out Loud! - TTYL

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Bryony

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased the 109 color which is a creamy pinky-peach nude. The color is pretty, the gloss is a nice texture and has decent staying power, and the packaging is sturdy and classy. A huge disappointment is the flavor/scent which is plastic-y and strong. Even though this is an extremely affordable gloss, I still can't get past the scent/flavor.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by amwatson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Dries my lips incredibly bad! Smells terrible.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 2:52:00 AM More reviews by confooseddesi608

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't know why this product/color has gotten such bad reviews! I love it. (For reference this is TTYL, Shade 108.)

This caught my eye at my local Walgreens (can also be found at some Duane Reades I believe), and it was only $2 USD, so I thought, why not? I have very specific lip gloss color I wear on my lips--they're thin, and I like to wear only peachy, gold shades, with some pigmentation; I feel they go best with my warm Indian coloring, and make my lips look somewhat plumper. (Who knows if this is actually true? :o) ) This looked like the perfect shade, and it was! A peachy, somewhat sheer but definitely with noticeable pigment (unless maybe you have darker lips), shimmery in a metallic way, not an "Oh my God her lips are so glittery and shiny!" way. When you apply it, though, I would do so in front of a mirror if you can--the shimmery pigment can get concentrated in a corner or the top of your lips, looking like you haven't blended it in well. I always make sure to wipe the corners of my mouth if I reapply this without a mirror.

The packaging is a long cylindrical, clear tube--not too slim, not too bulky--with a silver screw-on cap and a doe-foot applicator. I prefer brush applicators, but there aren't many lip glosses out there with this type anyway. Seems most lip glosses are doe-foot tubes or squeeze tubes. I don't think the lip glosses are sealed (with plastic), so there is definitely a chance someone else has sampled it, if that is a deterrent for you.

Staying power is not great, but for $2, I don't mind reapplying every 30 minutes. I just bought my tube a month ago and am running out, but then, I reapply that often. I just love how it makes me look and completes my made-up face.

I haven't noticed any unpleasant smell/taste with this lip gloss. The texture is somewhat tacky/sticky but not excessively so. It is also not very moisturizing (but not drying either) so I wouldn't recommend this if you have really chapped lips, because the shine and lack of moisture will make those flakes stand out. (I fix this problem in the winter especially by making sure to vigorously exfoliate my lips.)

I would recommend this for people with warmer complexions (but hey, if you like peachy shades, I would say go for it!) It's available at (some) Walgreens, K-Mart, and Duane Reades--call beforehand to make sure they carry it!

Jordana's product description: Lip Out Loud Super Shiny Gloss
• Fun & Flirty Colors
• Patent Leather-Like Shine
• New Slanted Soft Applicator
• Made in USA
Available in 15 Shades
NET WT 0.085 oz / 2.43g

Tips and tricks: Apply lip gloss with the wand’s slanted soft tip applicator by starting in the center of your upper lip and work your way to the outer edges. Same technique applies for your bottom lip. Use alone for a dazzling gleam or over your favorite lipstick for added shine.

INGREDIENTS: Shades:102,103,104,105,107,108,109,110,111,112,113,114,115:
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Lanolin Oil, Polyethylene, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Benzophenone-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tin Oxide, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891). +/-May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985).

Shade 106:
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Lanolin Oil, Polyethylene, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Benzophenone-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Propylene Carbonate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Mica (CI 77019).

Shade101:
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil,
Fragrance (Parfum), Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

The color reminds me of NARS Orgasm, peachy/pink with gold shimmer. Very light on my lips, but perfect for an alternative 'nude' lip.

Like the other reviewer, I really hate the smell/taste of this gloss. It's so chemically and actually makes my lips tingly/numb after a few uses. I wish it wasn't so, because this is a beautiful gloss.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love a cheap thrill. Beauty related cheap thrills don't come much easier than a $2 Jordana lip gloss. But to my surprise, this is a gloss I enjoy using and love the color of! I find myself pulling it out of my purse just to twirl the tube and stare at the pretty shimmeryness.

The color is a warm nudish pink with a lovely golden shimmer. The pigmentation is not outstanding, but the effect on the lips is quite beautiful. I find it goes great with both neutral & smokey eye looks. It's very shiney and glossy without being sticky, which is nice. It's not super long lasting, I tend to reapply every hour or so. But for the price I don't mind that.

The only downside to this, to me at least, is the smell. It's got that super synthetic sweet fruity smell that kind of makes you think of cough medicine. It's not particularly pleasant and it is very strong.

Still, the beautiful color makes this a solid 3 out of 5 lippies for me, with a yes to the repurchase if I run out.