July 24, 2014 | 1428 users online

Scrubs - BeneFit Cosmetics - b right refined finish facial polish

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Koolkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I happened to like this product alot, but I haven't tried too many physical exfoliators except what I could find at the drugstore, which typically weren't enough for me. I intially loved this product because I'd never tried anything like it before and was so happy to find a relatively inexpensive, accesible scrub. Plus my skin desperately needed the exfoliation. I repurchased at least once (maybe twice). However, I have found a microdermabrasion product (Mary Kay of all brands) that I really like, that kind of takes the place of this in my skincare routine (and much better packaging!), so I'm not sure I'll repurchase it or not.

I was using this about 1-2x a week. I did not find it too rough for my skin, but I have pretty hearty skin when it comes to this kind of thing. As I've said this about the other b. right products in my reviews, I actually love the scent of this line and one of the main reasons I've continued to buy the products.

It leaves my skin feel smooth, comfortable, clean and fresh and it feels like my makeup applies better afterwards. I have had no issues with drying or sensitivity to the granules or formula. Although, I always use it in the shower because the little granules are impossible to clean all of them off without a thorough rinse under the shower. I'll find the little beads in my hair, ears, etc and it's kind of annoying--but thats the same with all similar products I've tried.

I had asked for this Refined Polish for Christmas, but oddly my mom said she couldn't find at two stores she checked, so she got me the Foamingly Clean face wash instead, that I like alot too, so I haven't used it in a long time.

But again, the packaging is a big fail like everyone else has talked about, beautiful, but difficult to get the product out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by katieking94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bought the travel set of the B-right products and purchased a few full sizes as a birthday treat to myself (this included). It's definitely a lot more gentle than the exfoliater I was using previously (which had hard, jagged beads which felt a lot harsher on the skin).

Pros:
- Love the packaging
- Perhaps a little on the expensive side, but I only use this twice a week so lasts a long time
- Skin has DRAMATICALLY improved since using B-right products (but don't know if I can attribute that to this product specifically)
- I really like the smell

Cons:
- Sticky. Usually have to use this before I go into the shower or even in the shower because if I use it at my sink I can't seem to get rid of every bead on my face (no matter how many times I wash)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't have sensitive skin, but this was too harsh for me. I have very dry and flakey skin, so I thought that this might work great to get rid of the little skin flakes. After my first use, my skin felt baby soft, but my cheeks burned like crazy when I applied moisturizer and makeup for the next two days.

At first I thought I may have over-exfoIiated, so I waited almost two weeks to try again. On my second try, I used a tiny bit, and did a VERY gentle rub for about 10-15 seconds. Same results, baby soft skin that was bright red, irritated, and burned for two days.

The packaging is terrible for this type of product. It is difficult to get it out of the tube. For this price, I expected much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by marimist

This is the first and only high-end face/beauty product I've owned and felt it was worth the splurge.This scrub has smaller than average granules, and is less harsh, and is the only scrub that's made my face noticeably smoother, lighter, and softer. I only use this about once a month, as I have very sensitive skin and it dries out and gets red after over-exfoliation. But it definitely looks better after using it 1x a month, and it's lasted me for about 3 years, which isn't bad. I've decided to get it again when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Benefit wants to know if you suffer from "dull skin from daily stress". If you do, they want you to check out their Refined Finish Facial Polish, which Benefit claims will "beautifully brighten the complexion, gently exfoliating to purify the skin and help minimize the appearance of pores to reveal skin's radiance. Contains natural clay and seaweed extract rich in minerals, nutrients, and sugars known to purify the skin." I obtained a 8.9g (.3 oz) sample of this scrub in a 3pc samples of Benefit's relatively new B.Right skincare line. The full size of Refined Finish contains 127.5g (4.5 oz) and retails for $23. Benefit products can be bought through the brand's website, at Benefit boutiques and counters, Sephora, Ulta, and their respective websites. This scrub was made in France. Benefit does not test on animals.
Oh man, do I hate the packaging for Benefit's Refined Finish Facial Polish. Well, I like the look of it, but it isn't very user friendly at all. This scrub comes in a light aqua squeeze tube. This tube is quite stiff and very difficult to get product out of. Whats pretty neat about the tube is that its covered in tiny little textured bumps. The front of the tube features the product name and Benefit logo. To get a bit of this scrub out I need to flip the tube upside down and squeeze it quite hard and even then its a fight. Hopefully the full size tube is easier to work with.
The look of this scrub is weird, its white, a little pearly, and kinda looks like vanilla ice cream. Benefit recommends using their Refined Finish Facial Polish once one or twice a week, and rightfully so. This exfoliator is surprisingly harsh, but not irritatingly so. I only use a dab about the size of my finger tip to scrub my entire face. I work Benefit's Facial Polish in for roughly 45 seconds. The granules in this scrub are pretty large, and do not melt as you work them in, so you need to be careful not to over-exfoliate. I find this scrub to be a little difficult to work with, I think the kaolin clay makes it bond to the skin a little. I don't think Benefit's Refined Finish polish does all that much. It softens my skin, but doesn't seem to Benefit my skin otherwise (great joke, I know). Like the rest of Benefit's B.Right Radiant Skincare line, the Refined Finish Facial Polish is heavily scented and quite perfumey. The scent is pleasant, but very strong and so unnecessary. Fragrance is a common skin irritant, and its right in the middle of this product's ingredient list.
Benefit's Refined Finish Facial Polish was a disappointment for me. The packaging, while cute, is very impractical. The scrub has larger than average exfoliating granules that are kinda rough on the skin. I don't even notice any impressive results. And once again, this product contains for too much fragrance. I really don't like anything about Benefit's Refined Finish Facial Polish. I recommend Lush's Ocean Salt over this scrub, because for $2 more, its significantly more effective and slightly less harsh. I urge those with sensitive skin to avoid this product. This is the first of Benefit's B.Right products to let me down, and I definitely wouldn't repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by MayarBadie

Amazing product. My face feels cleaner and smoother and looks more radiant after using it. I use it 2-3 times a week. I have mixed skin

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Has the same horrid perfumey scent as the b right foamingly clean cleanser. This has some large, harsh scrubbies but not enough of them to make a difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by d3pthofdarkn3ss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tried this as part of the Benefit Radiant collection, with the foamingly clean face wash. This is a very grainy scrub. I have sensitive, combination skin and this product works very well for me. I use it about 2 times a week, at night, and my skin does look more radiant. The granules are rounded, not jagged, but enough to exfoliate the skin without tearing. My best friend commented that my skin looked great and asked what new vitamin I was taking, but I explained it was this facial polish.

My makeup went on so smoothly, I don't think I could do without this product. The price is a little steep, but a bottle will last quite some time with being used only twice a week. I wouldn't recommend using it more often as it might irritate.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this product.
Used to use lots of Benefit products but got fed up of everything having shimmer in it. Now, I only use this scrub as my skin feels amazing afterwards and also bright and clear.
Only need to use it once a week as it is very effective.

Also, I used this in the morning once and when my boyfriend saw me, he said my makeup looked really nice! Haha! Anything that makes my face look smooth enough for that compliment is good for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2012 7:36:00 AM More reviews by TerminalStar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this. I find my sensitive and dry skin has been suffering with chemical exfoliation, so I tried out a sample before buying a full tube. The tiny grains are perfect; I'm not worried about them tearing/damaging my skin, yet my face feels really well exfoliated afterwards. My only complaint is the price, but considering I struggle to find things that work with my skin, it's worth it.