April 19, 2014 | 1769 users online

Moisturizers - BeneFit Cosmetics - b right total moisture facial cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by tallulahlm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yum yum yum yum. Sorry, that was just the sound of my dry skin eating up this deliciously moisturizing product. If you suffer from dry skin like I do, you probably find that most moisturizers are soaked up instantly and you have to apply multiple coats before your face stops feeling taught and tight. Then, also like me, you might begin to break out for no apparent reason. It's not fun. But it's because I wasn't giving my skin adequate hydration. This product solved that problem. I use it twice a day, in the morning before makeup and in the evening before bed, when I often follow up with a dab of coconut oil to lock in the moisture while I sleep. The price is a tad high; if you're looking for something similar yet more affordable, I recommend the Rich Moisturizer by Simple. It's not as thick and creamy, but still very moisturizing.

Side note: I wrote a review a while back about the Benefit eye cream, saying it didn't do much for me. That was before I was a full-time student. My undereye area recently got so exhausted, tender and dry that I began to have small bumps along the skin and the concealer there always looked cakey and powdery. I recently repurchased the eye cream along with this moisturizer, and within a day I had noticed an enormous difference. If you have dry skin, these are truly fantastic, and worth the money. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I haven't owned this product all that long, but I have to say it's one of the best moisturizers, hands down, at any price, that I've used in a very long time. I have dry, sensitive, flaky, blotchy red skin with some slight wrinkles, and since using this moisturizer, the redness and flakiness has all but gone away, and some small blemishes have dried up, and the general condition/look of my skin has greatly improved. It seems from the reviews that this works no matter what your skin type. It feels nice going on, and although it does take a little longer to sink in, I wouldn't consider it greasy. It's more than moisturizing for me, considering the dry CO climate I live in. It works really well under Benefits new CC cream...just let the moisturizer sink in for a minute or so. I love the retro blue glass jar. A little of the product goes a long way, so I think the price is more than fair. I plan on buying the entire regimen.. I'm totally impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by jenn32962

I recently got a sample of this from Ulta. I love it! I have combination skin and usually get oily at the end of the day. I've been using his now for the past 2 weeks and I love it!!
It has a nice floral scent. I love scents so it's perfect for me. A little bit of this goes a long way. I seen on other reviews people said it would leave their skin oily and could only use at the end of the day. They are probably using more than you have to.
I have occasional breakouts but since using this I haven't had a breakout since! It's either a coincidence or this stuff has worked out amazing for me!! I am getting ready to buy the full size and seen it is cheapest at Birchbox, plus free shipping this month! (March 2014)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by oliviaq99

This moisturizer saved my life! I have super dry skin that is very sensitive and breaks out easily. This hydrates my skin and evens skin tone without making me look or feel oily. My only complaint would be that a glass jar could be difficult to travel with. I would recommend to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product has been fairly miraculous for me. I typically have pretty normal skin. It can be a bit combination in the warmer months and a bit drier in the colder months. For whatever reason, my skin turned completely dry about three months ago. It was BAD. It started on my forehead, then spread down to my cheeks, and at the time that I found this cream it was also on my chin and nose. My skin had never been so dry, and I hadn't changed my skincare or makeup routine at all. I tried several different moisturizers, exfoliated regularly, and rotated between my various foundations, tinted moisturizers, and bb creams. Nothing made any difference whatsoever. Everything I had on my face only accentuated all the dryness and it looked horrible and it was embarrassing.

This past weekend I took a trip to Denver where I (of course) visited Sephora and picked this up. After just *one* use, the dryness on my face was diminished by at least 85%. Now, five uses later (I use morning and night) it's nearly completely gone and what little is left of it isn't noticeable at all. I've even been wearing a long-wear foundation for a few days now which would normally dry me out a little, but it hasn't had a negative effect at all. This moisturizer feels so nice to apply and it instantly makes my skin look smooth and supple. I'm 30 years old but people tell me I look like I'm around 18 (I'm not trying to sound vain; just trying to describe the normal condition/appearance of my skin) but with all that dryness I honestly felt I looked aged by 10 years, especially around the mouth area! No breakouts, no oiliness throughout the day.

As for the cons... I have to admit I'm not too fond of the scent, nor do I like the fact that "fragrance" is about midway through the ingredients list. I prefer my face (and body) products to not contain fragrance, especially not that much! The scent itself reminds me of a milder Olay product, and I absolutely cannot stand the fragrance in Olay. This is tolerable though, and it dissipates really quickly so it's not a huge deal. It's not a florally scent or a chemical-y scent, but it's very synthetic. If they're going to put that much fragrance in it, I wish they would have picked something more pleasant! Also, the jar. While it looks very nice and is very sturdy and durable, it's heavy and bulky. Smaller, more practical and lightweight packaging would be appreciated. This was rather pricey for me for something like this, but it saved my skin and was worth it! I can see how it might be too heavy for some, but if you have severely dry skin I highly recommend giving it a try! I would/will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by Playmate143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a love/hate relationship with this moisturizer. I've been using this product over the past several months, first off it's VERY heavy on the skin, after I apply it my face actually looks greasy for a while, so I have to use it at night time. It's way too heavy for daytime use so I would never even consider that. It also has a REALLY strong fragrance to it. At first the jar smelled nice, but it started to give me headaches the first few days of using it because the smell is so over powering, I've never encountered a product like this with such a heavy fragrance, I've gotten used to it now so have continued to use it and haven't gotten any headaches from it.

I have very sensitive, acne prone skin so I'm very nervous to venture out and try something else, but I definitely am going to look into it soon as this moisturizer is very expensive for 1 oz of product, you can get it at your local Sephora, I know some people don't like the jar glass pot it comes in, but I actually like it, it's sturdy and has nice packaging, I've dropped it a few times by accident and it hasn't shattered thank goodness. I'm about half way through the jar, but I am on the fence as to if I would re-purchase it once it's finished, I'm sure there are other products out there that may be lighter on the wallet and have better effects, I feel that this doesn't do much for my skin other than slightly hydrate it. I don't mind paying for good quality skincare products but I would like to venture out and try something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by vintageloli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on my second jar of this cream and while I enjoyed it and it was hydrating I am choosing not to repurchase once my second jar is empty.

I find that this doesn't do enough for my skin beyond moisturizing. I'm looking for a moisturizer that does a bit more for my skin. I only use this at night since it's too heavy for daytime use (cant imagine putting makeup over it). While I appreciate the scent that it has I would prefer a non fragranced product.

pros:
- hydrating
- non greasy
- pleasant smell
- absorbs well
- lasts a LONG time

cons:
- jar package
- fragrance added
- too heavy for day use

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Plooosh

I was given this Benefit Face Cream by my boyfriend for Valentine's day; and I must say I am in love with it.

The smell is beyond amazing, the packaging is incredible and I honestly find it incredibly softening to the face. The rich cream has helped keep spots away and leaves my face feeling like silk. The smell is heavenly, I can understand that it might annoy some people with the heavy smell but I honestly feel I am addicted to the smell. The cream itself is very heavy and I would only use it for nighttime use, it would be too much for the day. It stays on all night and by the morning my skin feels ready for any makeup I might throw at my face. I cannot express enough my love for this product, makes it better that it was a great gift! I originally wanted the Triple Forming Facial Emulsion which I had *hinted* at for Valentines day and the boyfriend got the wrong one ...which I ended up loving way more! the other is very watery yet oily at the same time.

Also remember; a very small amount goes a long way and do not apply too much as it will be very greasy. Perfect for my skin however :3

However; the price. Honestly I am a student...how on earth am I going to pay 27 GBP when I run out of this product? it makes a fantastic gift but I am never going to pay that price. No matter how much I love it.

Maybe when I am a millionaire I will buy this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is a very nice heavy and rich cream. I have very dry skin so I love it. I just don't love the price and there are similar products out there with same results, and ingredients for less. It does make my face very soft and silky and love it. I would not buy this though, its just very overpriced. $40 for 1 oz? No thanks. I have a serious love/hate relationship with this brand. I love some of their stuff but a lot of it I don't think is that great and is overpriced.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a run-of-the-mill facial cream that's very heavily scented. It's of a substantial weight, so it's more suited to the colder winter months. I wouldn't use this in the daytime or during warmer months. There are other more reasonably priced creams that aren't as offensively scented, so I can't recommend this one from Benefit. BTW - it's made in France, if you care about the country of origin.