December 19, 2014 | 1429 users online

Scrubs - Clean & Clear - Morning Burst Skin Brightening Facial Scrub (with lemon, papaya, and caffeine)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Serena98

This is fairly decent; it smells good and it kinda exfoliates. It doesn't break me out but at the same time it doesn't clear anything up. Although it's supposedly 'brightening' it had absolutely no brightening effect whatsoever. Wouldn't recommend or repurchase. If you want something slightly exfoliating for the morning that still gives you a glow I would highly recommend Lush-Let the good times roll :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by jlyox92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product. I have some acne problems and oily skin. My skin was the clearest it's ever been using this product, and even felt quite soft and moisturised after use. Great scent, lots of exfoliating beads. I'm trying the shine control next but would definitely repurchase and recommend

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by monka191

I don't know maybe its my skin type or something , but this product does not suit me at all.
It made my skin super dry, did not cleanse it properly, irritated it, and as a result I had to fight with oily and blemished skin!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Shann3n96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I liked the smell of this scrub and found that it did brighten and energise my skin,but it really dried my skin out.I also experienced redness which was not pleasant!I didn't finish the bottle and would never re-purchase it again unfortunately :/ 9

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by jamieevital

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cute packaging and the fact that is was yellow and sparkly drew me in even more. The fact that it had lemon, papaya and caffeine in it was impressive. So of course I had to buy it. The first thing I noticed was the scent. It smells AMAZING! It`s a lemony, citrus smell. I actually hate those scents but this one smells so good. Definitely says in the name 'Morning Burst' because it leaves a cool refreshing feeling but it isn`t too harsh that you can`t use it at night. I use it night and day because it`s a good pick me up for the morning and it cools me down a relaxes me for the night. Does the job well and you can really feel it cleaning your skin. The ONLY downside is it can be a bit drying, nothing a good moisturizer can`t fix though :) Love this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Littlewing89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

HG HG HG

love it

wish they had a moisturizer to match this too

definitely put some lotion on afterwards, its kinda drying
BUT

it does brighten the skin and makes it feel pretty soft after you wash with it

I use it as a body wash too with my scrubby gloves on, then moisturize and my skin looks super glowy after wards, especially my legs

no other scrub has made my face or body look this.......um, I guess glowy is the word.

And it smells soooooooooooooooo good.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by nanaknickers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm about to finish my 3rd bottle and I will absolutely repurchase. I don't care about the smell (mild/lemony) or it's ability to "wake me up" (I have espresso for that). I use this because it keeps my skin color even and toned. It really does keep it looking "bright" and provides gentle exfoliation.

I'm African American and I've noticed this in a few of my girlfriends showers who have similar skin colors. I think if you are brown skinned you should give this a try. Get the one in the squeeze bottle (as pictured) not the pump bottle. The product in the pump bottle doesn't exfoliate at all and I gave that one away to my sister--she used it up so it wasn't a total waste.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 2:53:00 AM More reviews by pollyhunter

My skin is mostly normal but dry round my chin and oily on my nose and forehead! And I do get a few spots and this really helps! It helps them go down quickly and Isn't to harsh but you feel super clean after using it! It smells amazing and really wakes you up! All time favourite wash/scrub

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by HeartofanElephant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Overall I didn't really like this product, however, I did very much like the smell. Like it claims, it has a mix of lemon and papaya that creates a unique and delicious scent but I would not repurchase it just for the scent. I think it did a good job of removing dirt and oil from my face but it didn't seem to make any noticeable difference to my skin. I would agree that it would be a good scrub for any skin type, however, it just doesn't deliver what it claims to. It didn't brighten my skin in any way. Important to note is that it didn't at all cause any negative affects.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by dc1407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Binned this. It has some pros, but for me the cons totally outweighed them.

Pros

+ Smells great

+ DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT

Cons

- Stripped my face

- Dried out my skin like nobodies business

- 'Bursting beads' definitely do not burst...

- Nor do they exfoliate

- Left a film over my face. Yuck!

I really wanted to like this. I begrudge changing my facewash because my skin is so sensitive and prone to breakouts if the wrong ingredient touches my skin. However, I've gone back to Amie's Radiant Dawn facewash. The only reason I changed in the first place was because Amie isn't as easily accessible as a commercial product.