April 16, 2014 | 2015 users online

Scrubs - Clean & Clear - Morning Burst Skin Brightening Facial Scrub (with lemon, papaya, and caffeine)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by jamieevital

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cute packaging and the fact that is was yellow and sparkly drew me in even more. The fact that it had lemon, papaya and caffeine in it was impressive. So of course I had to buy it. The first thing I noticed was the scent. It smells AMAZING! It`s a lemony, citrus smell. I actually hate those scents but this one smells so good. Definitely says in the name 'Morning Burst' because it leaves a cool refreshing feeling but it isn`t too harsh that you can`t use it at night. I use it night and day because it`s a good pick me up for the morning and it cools me down a relaxes me for the night. Does the job well and you can really feel it cleaning your skin. The ONLY downside is it can be a bit drying, nothing a good moisturizer can`t fix though :) Love this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Littlewing89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

HG HG HG

love it

wish they had a moisturizer to match this too

definitely put some lotion on afterwards, its kinda drying
BUT

it does brighten the skin and makes it feel pretty soft after you wash with it

I use it as a body wash too with my scrubby gloves on, then moisturize and my skin looks super glowy after wards, especially my legs

no other scrub has made my face or body look this.......um, I guess glowy is the word.

And it smells soooooooooooooooo good.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by nanaknickers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm about to finish my 3rd bottle and I will absolutely repurchase. I don't care about the smell (mild/lemony) or it's ability to "wake me up" (I have espresso for that). I use this because it keeps my skin color even and toned. It really does keep it looking "bright" and provides gentle exfoliation.

I'm African American and I've noticed this in a few of my girlfriends showers who have similar skin colors. I think if you are brown skinned you should give this a try. Get the one in the squeeze bottle (as pictured) not the pump bottle. The product in the pump bottle doesn't exfoliate at all and I gave that one away to my sister--she used it up so it wasn't a total waste.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 2:53:00 AM More reviews by pollyhunter

My skin is mostly normal but dry round my chin and oily on my nose and forehead! And I do get a few spots and this really helps! It helps them go down quickly and Isn't to harsh but you feel super clean after using it! It smells amazing and really wakes you up! All time favourite wash/scrub

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by HeartofanElephant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Overall I didn't really like this product, however, I did very much like the smell. Like it claims, it has a mix of lemon and papaya that creates a unique and delicious scent but I would not repurchase it just for the scent. I think it did a good job of removing dirt and oil from my face but it didn't seem to make any noticeable difference to my skin. I would agree that it would be a good scrub for any skin type, however, it just doesn't deliver what it claims to. It didn't brighten my skin in any way. Important to note is that it didn't at all cause any negative affects.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by dc1407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Binned this. It has some pros, but for me the cons totally outweighed them.

Pros

+ Smells great

+ DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT

Cons

- Stripped my face

- Dried out my skin like nobodies business

- 'Bursting beads' definitely do not burst...

- Nor do they exfoliate

- Left a film over my face. Yuck!

I really wanted to like this. I begrudge changing my facewash because my skin is so sensitive and prone to breakouts if the wrong ingredient touches my skin. However, I've gone back to Amie's Radiant Dawn facewash. The only reason I changed in the first place was because Amie isn't as easily accessible as a commercial product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by btaddesse22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this scrub. My skin is dry, but not too dry and gets blackheads. I usually look really washes out and dull with all other scrubs and washes but this is soooo freakin AMAZING!!!!! first of all it smells like.....heaven and happiness, if there was a perfume of the smell I would buy if in a heart beat. second of all it actually makes you look brighter and refreshed just a promised. It even gives you a glow. I recommend this scrub to EVERYONE. It works for all skin types, even my sister who has oily skin really likes it! So get you butt to the store and buy cuz it's worth it! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Medoq

I love this scrub! It really does make me feel more awake and actually makes my skin look luminous! I can use it every day with little to no irritation... I love the travel sizes it comes in too. (My one and only complaint is that sometimes too much comes globbing out of the big squeeze container)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:30:00 AM More reviews by lalaluce

This scrub does what it describes, it leaves my skin feeling refreshed and awake, and it does make me feel as though my skin looks brighter. I'm not very keen on the smell, and it takes a bit longer than normal scrubs/soaps to wash off, so I have given it 4 lipsticks because of this. I would purchase this scrub again, because it makes my skin feel refreshed and clean, and it helps me wake up in the morning. I have sensitive skin, and it doesn't dry out/irritate my skin. This is a good scrub to use in the shower in the morning, and I would recommend it to others.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Beeaauutty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

SO FAR i LOVE this scrub. I typically stay away from scrubs because #1 i have acne/sentve skin and #2 i tried a clearasil scrub and it broke me out. BUT bought this about 2 months ago and didnt really use it. i hve been using a acne wash but it dries my skin out and makes my skin pasty. I NEEDED to exfolite badly and i needed a beak from harsh acne products so i used this last night and i got outof the shower and about 40-60% of my redness on my face was gone! My skin felt so breathable,fresh, and NOT TIGHT AT ALL! Usally i put TONS of mstrizer of after my shower but i only had to put a little bit and my skin felt good! SO i used it this morning too and once again LOVED IT. You need to be very gentle with this though since its a scrub. Im going to use this as my face wash for a little while and update you! So far i give 5 lippies :D

UPDATE! 12/10....i stopped using this awhile ago because it was way to irrating! i think it gave my whiteheads im not sure though. Now i cant understand how i wrote the review above -_- But anyways this didnt even exfoliate my skin i just thought it did :( I have found a new scrub to use and its AMAZING its the Aveeno positvly radiant daily cleasning pads (one side is smooth the other is exfolating) buy that not this!!!