Revlon Cuticle Trimmer

1.8

on 4/15/2014 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Did not work for me either, did not cut cleanly - just partially - this meant it ripped at my cuticles painfully and left most behind. I had the same experience with Manicare Cuticle Trimmer sold in Farmers New Zealand which has the same useless shaped blunt cutter and is double ended in purple. My cheapie one that I got in a set for $2 works better.

I also brought other Revlon nail tools at the same time: Crystal Nail File (useless), Small Nail Clippers (ok), and "What a Catch" Nail Clippers (useless, 1/2 the nail pieces still let loose and you can't see where you're cutting leading to snipped skin). Revlon is really expensive here, for example the "What a Catch" Nail Clipper cost me a whopping $25 (around $22 US) from the chemist. I have learnt to avoid Revlon except for their lipsticks and a couple of powders. Revlon nail products are a huge waste of money.

on 1/28/2013 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I don't like this thing. It's sharper than my cheapo one, but the bottom isn't a "V", it starts to slope but then is shaved flat on the bottom, I guess as a safety, but it makes you not be able to fully remove the cuticles. I like the snap on cap and the contouring, but sadly the most important thing is to cut cuticles well and I think it sucks at that. :(

Does not work. Does not cut cuticles very well, whether they are dry or soft. Will be returning pronto, and I will just buy a $1 from the dollar store

on 4/10/2011 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So a long time ago, I recieved this cheapo nail polish set from a secret santa gift. It came with the off brand nail polishes, the file and one little tiny tool.

That tool was a cuticle trimmer. It was really cool and I used it a lot. The only problem was that it was really tiny and I lost it. I saw this at CVS and thought it might be a great replacement for the one I lost.

Well, it works okay but I think the shape is too big for the cuticle and I don't know how but I managed really cut into my cuticles and give myself deep cuts with this thing. So i guess I am better off trying to find the one I lost or buy a real cuticle trimmer, the one that kind of looks like a scissor thing.

Top Rated Nail Tools