October 25, 2014 | 1323 users online

Palettes - Bobbi Brown - Pretty

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by elemere

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a review for Pretty Powerful to Go Eye Palette that contains four powder eyeshadows - a cream colored shadow, a sparkly grey called Pebble, Taupe and a dark brown called Chocolate Caviar.
These eye palettes are the perfect blend of great eyeshadow, in wonderful packaging. This is my go-to eye shadow. I use the lightest color for lids and highlight under the brow, the taupe for the brow bone, and the darkest color for the outer corner, and if I want to go smoky, the lash line. This is perfect every day makeup. Plus, the palettes are nearly indestructible. Love, love love having all the shadow I need in one container. While other shadows might suffice, their packaging tends to break in my makeup bag - and that includes even the expensive shadows- like MAC.
Bobbi Brown palettes tend to be seasonal and occasional offerings, so snap them up when you see some colors you like!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by chesmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I received this palette as a gift. I would buy it but doubt I could given that it's limited edition. This may be the most perfect palette I've owned. Usually, there's a color or two in any palette that I don't favor or can't use...not this one. If there are weak spots, it's the blush and the shimmer pink eyeshadow. For me, I've managed to make both work on my NW20 skin but I could see how others would have issues. The most refreshing aspect of this palette is that FINALLY, Bobbi has included an ivory shadow instead of her standard Bone shade. Don't get me wrong: Bone is nice but I have a ton of it just in palettes alone. Ivory is a sheer, matte, soft white. The pink nude shadow is just that...plus soft and not likely to give the rabbit eye effect. I've used the pink shimmer ever so slightly as a highlight color...even at the top of my cheekbones. I use the chocolate brown shadow both as a soft liner and to fill in my brows. The pink blush is rather light and this is where the palette may not work for skins darker than mine. I doubt it would show. The three lip colors are amazing. The Bubble Bath pink gloss is the most gorgeous neutral bright pink imaginable, albeit sticky like all of Bobbi's glosses. In short, this is about all I need to naturally dress up my face with sheer, beautiful color. Worth the expense IF the colors work for your skin tone. Yay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by hotdot2122

My first Bobbi Brown palette and I have to say I am impressed! This palette is from the Pretty Powerful 2011 collection. This is the more natural, subdued palette featuring soft pinks and nudes. I was drawn to this right away as it seemed the perfect palette for my fair skin. It includes eye shadows in Ivory (soft matte white), Pink Flannel (soft matte nude pink), Pink Chiffon (light baby pink with silver shimmer) and Chocolate Caviar (rich matte chocolate). I love all the shadows except Pink Chiffon--not much color payoff and the shimmer falls out easily onto my cheek. Chocolate Caviar is rich and creamy but a little hard to blend at times. Pink Flannel and Ivory are pigmented and easy to blend. It has Pretty Pink blush which is a nice light neutral pink that gives a soft pink flush to the cheeks but is light enough to layer more and get a pink pop. The lipstick is a medium nude pink which I'm not thrilled about as i don't like these colors on my lips. I like the glosses--very light light pink clear one and brighter pink gloss that both look super natural. The palette is a really good combo of everyday pink nudes. I think I could use this quite often for a light day look or more dramatic romantic look. The palette itself is pretty with a pink design on the front and it is fairly compact. The price of $60 hurt but I got it when there was a 20% off sale on the website so $48. I think this is a palette with very usable colors that are high quality and everyday friendly. I rate it a 4 for Pink Chiffon and Chocolate Caviars unease in blending really well.