August 21, 2014 | 1850 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clinique - Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Tinevw00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a waste of money. Thats all i have to say on that lol

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by LyrA236

I feel badly reviewing this, because I am not sure it was even intended for my skin type. However, the Clinique sales clerk told me it would be "fine." I am in my fifties. This is too harsh. It goes on like a thick serum (Feels occlusive!) and immediately I felt stinging. I have to say that I have been oily most of my life, and have pores on my nose big enough to back a semi into. It did not help and felt very irritating.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by natalie225

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After using the pore refining solution for several weeks this product really began to dry my skin out. I have sensitive skin, but its neither very dry or oily, and this product was just too drying. It did shrink my pores and tighten my skin, but at the expensive of dulling and drying my skin. This product just didn't do it for me. I think it would be best suited for someone with oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Alirol

I've been using this product for more than a month as recommended and it has done Nothing for my pores. I do facials and microdermabrasion so there's not even an excuse that my face might to be "ready" . It is a total waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by kurbsky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was a good enough serum - my pores looked reduced on the days I used it. Now it is finished I can see that it was having an effect - skin looking a little tighter before, pores a little smaller. The effect wears off as soon as you stop using it but I wasn't expecting anything else. I'd buy it again, perhaps if there were some offers on or something. But I'd rather try a different product first. It didn't give me spots or anything like that.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

WARNING - If you have acne run from this. Do not stop and try it - just speed past it. I have acne, but was not having any flare ups. I tried this along with the matching instant perfector and my acne flared badly. A week and 3 days later I am still having a major flare up of painful cyst style pimples. When I looked at the ingredients I found Dimethcone which explains a lot. Even though this does smooth the skin it is not worth the breakouts in the long term.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by LaTristesseDuRoi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the first cosmetic review I've ever written in my life, and what has compelled me to submit it is that this is truly the most useless skincare product I've ever bought. After following the instructions religiously and using the entire dispenser, I can say that it has made precisely zero difference. While my pores are visible enough for me to conscious of them and to wish them away, they're hardly huge, so it's not like I'm in need of a biblical miracle to make them a bit less apparent. This serum did nothing for my skin, positive or negative - I'm hypersensitive and thus highly reactive but it would seem that this stuff has no active ingredients in it whatsoever and is just totally inert, so I didn't experience any issues; I just didn't experience anything at all! This stuff is quite dear - I paid £37 for it - which just rubs salt in the wound. I'd strongly urge everyone to avoid it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by MiaBella0517

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just went through my first bottle of this & have to say when I started I had large clogged visable pores & now they are flawless. I also used the instant perfector as well. I will be buying my second bottle now. And continue to keep on buying as long as I have a face.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by maldiveslover

I love this product! I have acne-prone super sensitive combination skin and had been using expensive skin products prescribed by my dermatologist which did absolutely nothing for me. I use this stuff at night after I was my skin and the next morning when I wake up I notice a big improvement with my skin-It is super soft and no more breakouts! Btw, before this Clinique had a pore minimizer cream which got discontinued (that was even better than this).

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Aquinstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I've been on the hunt for the perfect facial care system. I'm 33 years old with oily prone Hispanic skin. I don't have any wrinkles (yet) but suffer from genetic undereye circles, large pores, and a never ending supply of blackheads on the chin and nose. What I need is a skin care line (and I'm willing to pay the price) that will minimize my pores for a more airbrushed look, get rid of the blackheads, and brighten my sometimes dull complexion. I went ahead and splurged on the 3-step system #4, Wash Away Gel Cleanser plus the Dark Spot Corrector and Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum (see my other reviews.) All in all, it set me back about $150.00. I decided to review each part of the system separately because some elements work better than others. The first step was to remove makeup with the Wash Away Gel Cleanser, then use the Liquid Facial soap, then the Clarifying Lotion, then the Dramatically Different Moisturizer, then the Dark Spot Corrector, then the Pore Refining Solutions. Holy cow, the number of steps in this routine is getting downright ridiculous. This review will be pretty short. For $40-$50 bucks for a small bottle, it doesn't really do anything. After a month's faithful use, day and night, it did not reduce the appearance of my pores. It worked fine under makeup, and may have even gave me a smoother canvas to work with, but that could have just been the moisturizer. It didn't break me out, it didn't smell like much, it seriously didn't do anything. When I stopped using it, I didn't notice a single bit of difference, so I returned it to Macy's. Don't waste your money, and for heaven's sake don't torture yourself with a 3-step system that turns into a 6 or 7 step system, just to clean your face.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No