October 24, 2014 | 1529 users online

Moisturizers - Dr Lewinns Synergise - Anti Aging Night Cream

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

Dr Lewinns Synergise is a new anti aging range available at Coles Supermarkets in Australia. All products are priced between $19 and $39AU and the night cream is $39.
Wow - this is a seriously rich and slightly greasy cream. I have combination skin and for me the best way to use it is - after cleansing and toning, spray my face with rosewater and use the tiniest bit of the cream massaged into my rosewater damp skin. This way the cream absorbs without stickiness. This cream features niacinamide, palmitoyl oligopeptide and palmitoyl tripeptide 7 along with swis apple extract, vitamins a,c and pomengranate extract. It is oil rich containing sweet almond oil, macadamia oil, shea butter and avocado oil and is the consistency of whipped butter. I imagine it would be fantastic for dry skin. One of the best things about it is it contains no silicones which my skin really doesn't like. If your'e looking for an alternative to Olay Regenerist but still want the benefits of matrixyl and niacinamide, here it is complete with a couple of extra anti aging ingredients thrown in as well. Packaging is minimal and the cream itself is in a plain green plastic jar with a white lid. Some people will be put off that it is not in an airless pump bottle like the Olay, but nonetheless I really like Dr Lewinn products in general. I have been using the toner (see separate review) and the night cream for two weeks and my skin is looking radiant, feels firmer and the pores on my tzone are much less prominent. The range also contains foaming and cream cleansers, along with a tinted day moisturiser with spf, a day lotion, an eye cream and a day cream. Out of these only the day cream and eye ceam also contains all the anti aging ingredients. The day lotion and tinted spf moisturiser don't contain matrixyl. Unfortunately as there are no testers available it's impossible to tell what the tinted moistursier would look like. I will definitely rebuy as long as this night cream doesn't break my skin out, but as I said it is a seriously rich cream and a little goes a long long way. Try the method of spraying your face with rosewater before applying if you find it is too greasy for you. I definitely wouldn't recommend this for oily skin.