October 24, 2014 | 1753 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Nature's Rescue Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Lizzifer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this shampoo because I love the texture spray they have, especially the smell. I was so happy to find out that this product smelled the same.

While the shampoo does what it's supposed to in that after I used it, my hair is squeaky clean, I HATE the formula of it. It never lathers when I use it so I always feel like my hair isn't clean as I'm washing it so I end up washing it a couple of times to make sure. It doesn't dry my hair out too badly luckily but I do follow it up with the Nature's Rescue conditioner so that could be why. The formula is also crazy runny so a little does NOT go a long way and I have to use way more of this than any of my other shampoos. Kind of a rip-off considering how much it costs.

I don't think I'll buy the shampoo again, but I'll probably use up the rest of my supply.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by cutelildeadbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Not sure why this got such bad reviews, but I guess it is because people don't realize that this is not a daily shampoo. It is a clarifying shampoo. I have extremely dry, course, color treated hair and I love this because it does what it is supposed to. It cleans my hair really well and makes me feel like new. I follow up with a moisturizing shampoo and then a conditioner which is how this is supposed to be used. And funny thing I actually love the scent too. Weird, but to each his own I suppose. If you want to try it get a sample or buy it on special at ulta. I will continue to repurchase this because I like to feel clean after I wash my hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I wish I had seen the reviews for this shampoo before purchasing it at Ulta. At first, I thought I really liked the smell of this shampoo--kind of beachy, but on second sniff, I think it smells sort of fishy, so I'm not a fan. And like the other reviewers mentioned, it is VERY drying, so beware. It does, however, do the job of removing all products out of my hair and gives it a fresh start, but it's not worth it to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by danammelvin

I first got a sample packet of this shampoo with the refining polish and the conditioner, and let me say this shampoo kicks butt. It made my hair squeaky clean, but let me warn you that it is extremely drying because it does strip all the stuff off of your hair. You must use the polish and the conditioner for the full effect. After I use this, which now that its summer will be more often, my hair feels incredible and healthy.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by oldjuly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Noting special. Too much money for it to be nothing special.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Janay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This clarifying shampoo is marketed as clean & natural, but there is nothing clean & natural about the overwhelming fragrance. I could not tolerate the perfumey fragrance, which lasted for two days until I washed my hair again. The stylists at my salon said they have been getting similar feedback from other clients and are not going to push the product on them.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by jacoba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This made my recently highlighted (last month) hair seem really dry and tangled in the shower, I made sure to deep condition even my roots after using this because it just felt really dry and gross. I think because it is a clarifying shampoo and I do not use much product on my hair to begin with, so it wasn't really necessary. But overall I wouldnt recommend. Not a fan of the smell either, does not smell natural. I like that it has no parabens or sulfates though, but that is the only thing. The deep conditioner version is nice though!