October 24, 2014 | 917 users online

Pressed Powders - Sephora - Tricks of the Trade Mineral Matte Touch Up Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by stormiangel20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff really works and for a 9 dollar buy its amazing. I originally bought it to use with my Maybelline Dream Mousse and it made it last an hour or two later but I wish it had done better. But if u use it on tan skin it looks pasty for a while before it sets in and it will not cover up concealer discoloration, like I use and under-eye concealer that's light than the rest of my face and with this powder it looks really bad cuz it doesn't blend in the color but that's the whole point of being translucent. If I wasn't looking for a more coverage colored powder this would be the compact I'd use everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by leachele

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this powder. I've been using it every day for about a month and it's very nice for the price. It helps even out my skin and keeps my face from getting oily. Some days I just use this and a concealer and I get very good coverage! I will definitely buy this again but I would like to try out some others:)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Olom

I've been using this translucent pressed powder for over a year now and overall, I am only content with it. I have tried no other translucent powder yet to compare it to. I have medium tan skin and I like the slight brightness this adds to my face (I wear this over my creme foundation) - it makes my skin look more luminous and acts as an okay base for my eyeshadow and blush. It kind of helps make my face look less oily but I have to blot with tissue paper before applying this, otherwise it looks cakey. It doesn't keep the oilyness at bay for long though - I have to reapply this every other hour. The price is okay ($23 CDN) considering how long this lasts (I use this everyday and it lasts 3-4 months). I've actually dropped this on the floor a few times before... the packaging doesn't seem too strong to withstand the impact because I've cracked the pressed powder, turning it into a loose powder. This seems like the only decent and affordable translucent powder though so I'm gonna stick with it for awhile.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was lucky to get this in a swap, as something that I was just curious about, and am happy to say that this is a winner for me! I had previously been using the ELF HD powder, and was starting to feel like it was making me look starchy and strange - like my skin wasn't coming through at all. I have oily skin in areas, and was liking the mattifying effect that I was getting with the ELF HD, but not really the look of it - just looked like powder was sitting on my face. With full respect to ELF, I think I did buy 3-4 jars of this stuff over the course of a year and a half or so, so it IS a good product! I was looking for something that would show my skin more, still mattify, but not look so starchy on my skin. I think this is it! I am pleasantly surprised at the quality of this. When I swatched this on my finger, I thought this seemed really cheap, and bad quality, chalky. But, when used on my face, this is awesome! I'm happy to use this when setting my face in the morning, and am considering getting another one to put in my purse as my blot powder! This is $18 at Sephora stores and Sephora.com.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Shiny bright metal compact, with a generous 0.35 oz pan of pressed powder. It is a light color, if you have a darker complexion it will leave you looking ashen, but on me it's ok. I just got NARS punjabi shade of foundation, which is a bit darker than I'd like, and the powder brightens it up a little bit which then makes it look perfect on me. It's mattifies and smooths, I need to apply it about every 4 to 5 hours to control the shine. One lippie off for the terrible round spongey applicator; I carry a retractable brush in my bag and use that instead. The cost is great, compared to MAC or other pressed powder touch ups, the savings is significant. No obnoxious smell, and it feels light on my face. I'd get it again.