NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream - Amsterdam

4.2

on 2/21/2015 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow, I love this product! I am always on the lookout for a perfect red lip colour - this may be it! This is a lovely cream product which goes on easily and is super pigmented. It takes a little while for this to set however, so it's best to leave a little time for drying before eating or drinking. Once set, it's long lasting. I love the colour, it's like an orangey red and really suits my NW20 skin. And the price is soooo reasonable. Have gone on to buy this products in other shades.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Looooove this stuff! The smell is addicting too! Smells like cake frosting

on 1/23/2015 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

My lips get dry and chapped easily, but this product does not dry them. I do use a tiny bit of balm under it though.

I love the finish and the wear, it stays put for a long time. I'm a messy eater and even after eating a sloppy plate of curry this lip cream was still there.

The colour is a nice true red that can be build up, but honestly, there's no need for many layers. It is pigmented enough that just one layer covers my lips nicely.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Love this lip cream, plus the color is beautiful! I wore this to a Christmas party & it lasted until I ate dinner. Only had to re-apply once that night. It didn't even rub off when I kissed my boyfriend! It is a matte cream so it was very weird on my lips for the first time but I got use to it where you don't remember about it being on. Now I need to try out all the other beautiful colors that they have!

on 11/13/2014 8:05:00 PM

The Soft Matte Lip Creams are very nice on the lips but keep in mind they are MATTE products, they will not be moisturizing and they are not like balm. That being said, unlike most matte products, this doesn't dry the lips, in fact, after it dries it feels like nothing is on the lips not balm, not gloss, not a drying lipstick. If anything it almost feels like a cream lipstick. Very lightweight and long lasting. I wore each of these for a full 9hr work day and only had to reapply after lunch. One of the best parts is, unless you are eating or it isn't dry all the way yet, it doesn't transfer. That's right mess free kisses and ring free coffee mugs.

Now on to the color Amsterdam.

It is a very nice pinkie red that leans a little warm, but not too much. It is buildable and can be worn just about anywhere. It all depends on the intensity you build.

Give it a try they are only $4-$6

on 8/19/2014 5:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is one of my all-time favorite lip products. This is my first red lip product and for people trying to ease their way into reds, I highly recommend this color. It is a light red with a pink undertone and would probably look good on all skintones. What I also really like is that it's very easy to change the intensity of the color- apply with a heavier hand and it's a really gorgeous, stand-out (but not like you're going to the club) red. Apply lighter and blot a bit away, and it's perfect for even the work place.

The application is flawless. It's so easy to put on. The texture is great, not drying at all and the best part is, it doesn't feel like you have anything on your lips! Very lightweight.

The finish is matte. I didn't realize a cream lip product could finish matte, but it's great. I look very put together and vintage-style when I wear this.

Staying power is better than I have ever experienced. For example, today I put it on around 9 AM. I drank coffee, ate lunch, blah blah, and here it is 5:15 PM. IT IS STILL ON MY LIPS. not as perfect looking as when I first applied it in the morning obviously, but clearly still there and looks great. I've never had a lipstick/gloss completely stay on my lips through eating a meal, and for eight full hours and still counting! I did not have to apply once throughout the day.

Packaging is perfect, a nice little tube that isn't big/bulky at all, but I feel like the tube will last a long time.

I was looking for a slightly pinky red, so my first red lip product wasn't so scary-looking. I normally look good in pinks so I wanted a pink-toned red to ease this process. Got exactly what I was looking for!

on 5/3/2014 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I own three of these babies, and this has to be my favorite color.

Amsterdam was given to me as a Christmas gift by my mother. It's a slightly bold red that makes your teeth appear whiter, and gives you a comfortably fierce look. I like to wear it a lot when I go out.

I like to exfoliate my lips first (which can easily and cheaply be done by rubbing a moist washcloth in circles on your lips.) for no flaking, moisturize for 15+ minutes (by applying some sort of moisturizing balm like Nivea or just plain ol' Chapstick while apply other makeup), then applying 2-3 coats for a full colored lip.

A plus to me for the whole Soft Matte Lip Cream collection is their nice, sweet vanilla scent. I can't get enough of these.

on 4/27/2014 2:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Bright technicolor red and great finish! Its an attention getter shade and perfect for the runways or nite out. Thed color goes on smoothly and jam packed pigmented covearge in one application and hides any chapped dry lips. You should only wear when you don't plan to be eating as this shade comes off easily and gradually as you eating.

on 3/29/2014 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

A very good blue based red when built up but can look a tad pinky if not. I expected this to be darker but I guess not. Do not recommend for those seeking a true red.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I purchased Amsterdam along with 6 other shades during the nyx sale. I expected this one to be very dark and deep, but on my pigmented plum colored lips, Amsterdam was not pigmented enough as the natural coloring of my lips peeped through. I've improvised and started mixing it with Transylvania. This combination looks great together. Also using a deep dark lip liner will allow this shade to work as well on pigmented lips.

Recommended for Medium Skin