April 18, 2014 | 899 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Soft Matte Lip Cream - Amsterdam

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by MollieS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

A very good blue based red when built up but can look a tad pinky if not. I expected this to be darker but I guess not. Do not recommend for those seeking a true red.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

I purchased Amsterdam along with 6 other shades during the nyx sale. I expected this one to be very dark and deep, but on my pigmented plum colored lips, Amsterdam was not pigmented enough as the natural coloring of my lips peeped through. I've improvised and started mixing it with Transylvania. This combination looks great together. Also using a deep dark lip liner will allow this shade to work as well on pigmented lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by cblackburn88

this is the most amazing lip product i have EVER used!

i am in love. Red is my signature color and this color is on point.
it goes on so smooth, isn't drying and lasted through meals. i will buy this over and over.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by thecolormargaret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow! Dulcecandy I believe was the blogger who clued me into this little gem, but it has gotten a bit of youtube buzz. My fear of red lips has followed me around drugstores and makeup counters as long as I remember... and this product may be my first red that I truly feel comfortable using. This red is blue undertones, it is matte and does the job of a lipstick without the nasty mess and need for lipliner. It is not a halloween red, you do not look like a clown. I wore to countless holiday paries this season and I felt comfortably fierce. I do suggest this to any other girl who is slightly afraid of red lips, you will overcome!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by roserie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Formula:

It smells like candy and I love it!! After one coat, the formula is glossy for about 5-10 minutes and then it dries completely matte. It is slightly drying on the lips. It usually wears well after it dries, even with food, but I've had it run on me once. The one thing I don't like is even though the color stays for several hours, it wears off in patches and I prefer to reapply after about 2 hours.

Color:

It is a bright, true red in photos but leans coral in person. I have yellow teeth and this color makes my teeth look fantastically white, which is a huge plus.

Packaging:

I'm a personal fan of the doe foot applicator, but that's something to keep in mind if you're not!

I would definitely re buy, though I'm still on the hunt for a true red / 50s glam lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by crobertson01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the way this feels so creamy on the lips, yet it dries to a satiny finish relatively quickly. This is a great, great red. That said, it is RED. Bold. And beautiful. Makes your teeth look whiter and it stays soft on your lips for hours. I also just love the name.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 5:25:00 AM More reviews by MissMiranda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first ever red lipstick that i bought. And O.M.G!!! This baby is so amazing and I have to admit that it was love at first sight! I honestly didn't believe that this red would brighter up skin instantly but yet never have too much of over makeup look. As the name itself is "Matte",it's really matte lipgloss but not too dry on my lip. It's just absolutely amazing! I will definitely re-purchase and will be starting a little bit of collection for different shades! Love Love Love it so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by OneHelluvaMichelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product. The color is a very rich red. It applies just like a lip gloss and then sets dry and matte. It can be pretty drying so I apply chap stick under it and over top after a few hours if needed. It doesn't seem to just wear off for me. I have to intentionally remove it.

Several people have mentioned it smelling like plastic. It might just be a different people, different senses kind of thing, but I think it smells like vanilla frosting and the scent wears off after a few minutes.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

My first NYX soft matte lip cream was the "San Paulo" color. I love that one SO much, but have been a little disappointed with the rest of the colors from this line.
The Amsterdam color is beautiful, don't get me wrong. I love the color and the application is smooth. But what i don't like about it is the staying power. While San Paulo stains your lips and doesn't budge, the Amsterdam color comes off as soon as you touch it. I wore it out and after lunch i only had it around the edges of my lips which was super unflattering.
I would not repurchase. But definitely recommend San Paulo :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by flixbix

This is a fun product to use, with a pleasant smell. When you first apply it, it seems perfect. As it dries to a matte, your lips will start flaking and the color starts fading. Some lip balm or gloss will help with the dryness.