NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream - Amsterdam

4.1

on 4/26/2015 10:48:00 PM

I have 3 colors--Amsterdam, Cannes and Antwerp. I use the Cannes as an everyday go to work color. Amsterdam is darker and pinker and good for evening and Antwerp is a nice bright color for weekends. These lip creams are awesome. Color stays for a long time and feel very light.

on 4/4/2015 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've been really enjoying NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams! After seeing this lip color on Rikkie Quintanilla on her YouTube channel, I had to order it online! The application is so much easier than a normal lipstick. The color is beautiful, but it may look better if I had warm skin because it has an orange-ish tone. I apply a small amount of lip balm on before I use this and it doesn't seem to dry my lips out much (even though I feel like I have extra dry lips). The shade lasts quite a while--but let it dry on your lips for 10 minutes after application before eating, drinking, etc.

on 3/28/2015 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

This is not my first Soft Matte Lip Cream, and I like the others well enough, but this one sucks for me. I love the color as it's represented by the tube. BUT... it goes on unevenly, is splotchy and is just not a very good look for me. Maybe I got one from a bad batch, but I am not a fan of this particular one.

on 3/21/2015 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I picked this up at CVS for under $4 along with another lip cream (Milan). The color on the outside of the tube for this one was fairly close - but not 100% (with Milan, the color of the product inside was vastly different from the color on the outside of the tube). Amsterdam applies as a bright red with just a slight hint of orange in it making it probably better for those who lean towards warm tones or are at least neutral. High marks for ease of application, dries down pretty quickly, feels like you aren't wearing any lip product at all - so truly matte. Transferring is really minimal. But with any matte lip products, make sure your lips are in good shape overall before applying. I can completely see how these matte lip creams would really accentuate chapped, dry or flaky lips. Even though the packaging color varies from what is actually inside, the sale price on these makes them worth a gamble and they are a nice compact size to toss in your purse, travel bag or briefcase.

on 3/6/2015 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I seem to be firmly in camp dislike for the soft matte lip creams. They just don't work well for me. They are a peely gross mess. They make my mouth look.... Fuzzy? I don't even know if that is a good description. Blech.

on 2/21/2015 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow, I love this product! I am always on the lookout for a perfect red lip colour - this may be it! This is a lovely cream product which goes on easily and is super pigmented. It takes a little while for this to set however, so it's best to leave a little time for drying before eating or drinking. Once set, it's long lasting. I love the colour, it's like an orangey red and really suits my NW20 skin. And the price is soooo reasonable. Have gone on to buy this products in other shades.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

Looooove this stuff! The smell is addicting too! Smells like cake frosting

on 1/23/2015 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

My lips get dry and chapped easily, but this product does not dry them. I do use a tiny bit of balm under it though.

I love the finish and the wear, it stays put for a long time. I'm a messy eater and even after eating a sloppy plate of curry this lip cream was still there.

The colour is a nice true red that can be build up, but honestly, there's no need for many layers. It is pigmented enough that just one layer covers my lips nicely.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Love this lip cream, plus the color is beautiful! I wore this to a Christmas party & it lasted until I ate dinner. Only had to re-apply once that night. It didn't even rub off when I kissed my boyfriend! It is a matte cream so it was very weird on my lips for the first time but I got use to it where you don't remember about it being on. Now I need to try out all the other beautiful colors that they have!

on 11/13/2014 8:05:00 PM

The Soft Matte Lip Creams are very nice on the lips but keep in mind they are MATTE products, they will not be moisturizing and they are not like balm. That being said, unlike most matte products, this doesn't dry the lips, in fact, after it dries it feels like nothing is on the lips not balm, not gloss, not a drying lipstick. If anything it almost feels like a cream lipstick. Very lightweight and long lasting. I wore each of these for a full 9hr work day and only had to reapply after lunch. One of the best parts is, unless you are eating or it isn't dry all the way yet, it doesn't transfer. That's right mess free kisses and ring free coffee mugs.

Now on to the color Amsterdam.

It is a very nice pinkie red that leans a little warm, but not too much. It is buildable and can be worn just about anywhere. It all depends on the intensity you build.

Give it a try they are only $4-$6