September 2, 2014 | 1946 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Soft Matte Lip Cream - Amsterdam

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Shelbsca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my all-time favorite lip products. This is my first red lip product and for people trying to ease their way into reds, I highly recommend this color. It is a light red with a pink undertone and would probably look good on all skintones. What I also really like is that it's very easy to change the intensity of the color- apply with a heavier hand and it's a really gorgeous, stand-out (but not like you're going to the club) red. Apply lighter and blot a bit away, and it's perfect for even the work place.

The application is flawless. It's so easy to put on. The texture is great, not drying at all and the best part is, it doesn't feel like you have anything on your lips! Very lightweight.

The finish is matte. I didn't realize a cream lip product could finish matte, but it's great. I look very put together and vintage-style when I wear this.

Staying power is better than I have ever experienced. For example, today I put it on around 9 AM. I drank coffee, ate lunch, blah blah, and here it is 5:15 PM. IT IS STILL ON MY LIPS. not as perfect looking as when I first applied it in the morning obviously, but clearly still there and looks great. I've never had a lipstick/gloss completely stay on my lips through eating a meal, and for eight full hours and still counting! I did not have to apply once throughout the day.

Packaging is perfect, a nice little tube that isn't big/bulky at all, but I feel like the tube will last a long time.

I was looking for a slightly pinky red, so my first red lip product wasn't so scary-looking. I normally look good in pinks so I wanted a pink-toned red to ease this process. Got exactly what I was looking for!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by wowotakubaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I own three of these babies, and this has to be my favorite color.

Amsterdam was given to me as a Christmas gift by my mother. It's a slightly bold red that makes your teeth appear whiter, and gives you a comfortably fierce look. I like to wear it a lot when I go out.

I like to exfoliate my lips first (which can easily and cheaply be done by rubbing a moist washcloth in circles on your lips.) for no flaking, moisturize for 15+ minutes (by applying some sort of moisturizing balm like Nivea or just plain ol' Chapstick while apply other makeup), then applying 2-3 coats for a full colored lip.

A plus to me for the whole Soft Matte Lip Cream collection is their nice, sweet vanilla scent. I can't get enough of these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Bright technicolor red and great finish! Its an attention getter shade and perfect for the runways or nite out. Thed color goes on smoothly and jam packed pigmented covearge in one application and hides any chapped dry lips. You should only wear when you don't plan to be eating as this shade comes off easily and gradually as you eating.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by MollieS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

A very good blue based red when built up but can look a tad pinky if not. I expected this to be darker but I guess not. Do not recommend for those seeking a true red.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

I purchased Amsterdam along with 6 other shades during the nyx sale. I expected this one to be very dark and deep, but on my pigmented plum colored lips, Amsterdam was not pigmented enough as the natural coloring of my lips peeped through. I've improvised and started mixing it with Transylvania. This combination looks great together. Also using a deep dark lip liner will allow this shade to work as well on pigmented lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by cblackburn88

this is the most amazing lip product i have EVER used!

i am in love. Red is my signature color and this color is on point.
it goes on so smooth, isn't drying and lasted through meals. i will buy this over and over.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by thecolormargaret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow! Dulcecandy I believe was the blogger who clued me into this little gem, but it has gotten a bit of youtube buzz. My fear of red lips has followed me around drugstores and makeup counters as long as I remember... and this product may be my first red that I truly feel comfortable using. This red is blue undertones, it is matte and does the job of a lipstick without the nasty mess and need for lipliner. It is not a halloween red, you do not look like a clown. I wore to countless holiday paries this season and I felt comfortably fierce. I do suggest this to any other girl who is slightly afraid of red lips, you will overcome!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by roserie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Formula:

It smells like candy and I love it!! After one coat, the formula is glossy for about 5-10 minutes and then it dries completely matte. It is slightly drying on the lips. It usually wears well after it dries, even with food, but I've had it run on me once. The one thing I don't like is even though the color stays for several hours, it wears off in patches and I prefer to reapply after about 2 hours.

Color:

It is a bright, true red in photos but leans coral in person. I have yellow teeth and this color makes my teeth look fantastically white, which is a huge plus.

Packaging:

I'm a personal fan of the doe foot applicator, but that's something to keep in mind if you're not!

I would definitely re buy, though I'm still on the hunt for a true red / 50s glam lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by crobertson01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the way this feels so creamy on the lips, yet it dries to a satiny finish relatively quickly. This is a great, great red. That said, it is RED. Bold. And beautiful. Makes your teeth look whiter and it stays soft on your lips for hours. I also just love the name.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 5:25:00 AM More reviews by MissMiranda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first ever red lipstick that i bought. And O.M.G!!! This baby is so amazing and I have to admit that it was love at first sight! I honestly didn't believe that this red would brighter up skin instantly but yet never have too much of over makeup look. As the name itself is "Matte",it's really matte lipgloss but not too dry on my lip. It's just absolutely amazing! I will definitely re-purchase and will be starting a little bit of collection for different shades! Love Love Love it so much!