October 25, 2014 | 1809 users online

Fragrances - LUSH - Breath of God

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

I cant get over the smoky smell of this perfume. Its funky like an old cig laced with perfume. Yuck just not for me

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2014 4:33:00 AM More reviews by mscourty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Overall, I quite liked the smell of Breath of God once it was on. It is somewhat masculine and so I was a bit worried about that, but as I wore it the more feminine, floral scents came out.
I bought the solid version and I like the applicator. The only problem I've had are that if you push it out too far, you have to push it back in from the top which can be a bit messy.

The solid version is also a blue colour, so if you put on too much it's pretty obvious on your skin. This isn't so much a problem on your wrists but it is if you accidentally turn your neck blue.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by MichelleBoyett87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm new to the Lush perfume world but I'm so happy I bought this one and gave it a fair chance. I had always smelled the samples in the store but all the other aromas in the store made it very difficult to appreciate what their perfumes had to offer. I tried this one first by applying it during one of my visits to the store. I didn't fall in love until after I left the mall and was in my car! This scent is very unique, unisex and daring! Reminds me of a rainy Tibetan temple with lingering clean crisp incense smoke. It's not for everybody, either you love it or hate it. It's more modern and inspirational to me than it is pretty or sexy. Would be ideal for the Fall in my opinion. This perfume opened me up to many other unique Lush perfumes (except for the brand new funky bottled ones, I just can't seem to get into those no matter how hard I try). It's my favorite from Lush. Sample worthy if you're still unsure!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by haight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I'll start off by saying that I am a fragrance newb. I can see why another reviewer thought this smelled like the inside of a CVS - when I first smelled it, it smelled that way to me too, and I suddenly regretted purchasing this (I got the solid form). But I kept it on and after a little while, it started smelling a little better, more like my favorite Lush body wash, Tramp (I really want a solid perfume of that). Overall I do like the way this smells, but it is definitely rather odd, especially as a women's fragrance. To me it smells aquatic, clean, androgynous, and intriguing, which are all qualities that I admire and that I aspire to. It's not for everyone, but if you're looking for something different, check it out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Smoky, leathery incense goodness. dries down to a deep dark aquatic smell ... really nice for MEN!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 4:53:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

..there's something nutty about this one....like some kind of strange sacral hazelnut,and like many reviewers I fell in love with it after a first whiff...
like I said many times before, I really don't seem to like gettin on a ''woohoo-I'm-soo-cool-and-use-Lush-like -Madonna'' bandwagon, simply because of the aggressive marketing leaning towards persuasion of ''how good and versatile Lush products are''..(NOT!)..and being bougt and used by many respectable stars makes it even a little repulsive for me...why the heck should I care what Madonna or Kardashians wear?....so I tend to avoid Lush and given the very high prices, I think justified so.
but luckily for me, a friend brought this to my attention by bringing a small,ugly,black bottle with 30 g(?like, haven't they heard about liquid measures for f.sake??) product...and as soon as I frowned at the mentioned brand, I took a shot and was left speechless...

this is very,very niche-sque sort of fragrance, very deep,soft and unbeleavably wearable!
starting off with a pungent smell of burnt wood,bonfire,fur,and very prominent cedarwood, you would've thought something icky this way''ll come, but nope, this goes in whole another path...black pepper listed as a componend gives a fantastic sweetenes to a scent, and ylang-ylang makes it zingy,almost bready, but with no flower accord familliar to my nose...
it is quite strong and violent, but after just 15 minutes it settles into a wonderful melange,making an aromatic-woody scent (not oriental imho) very well money-worthy...and that's ALOT of money!!!it seems to me a better choice to buy a big botlle than just a 10 ml. decant because it is just tooo darn expensive!!!

but all in all it goes amazingly good with my skin's PH and makes me think of twisted CdG creations such as Tar or maybe even some leathery scents like Cuir Ottoman(without the light and beautiful iris part)..
worthy of your attention if you like totaly different kind of slightly woody/animalic nutty scents....try before you buy!!!

lasting life- aproximately 5 hrs...just about enough!

don't get me started with the development phases because it is the wildest rollercoaster you'll ever experience!!!

10/10! (even though it's Lush!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by gabi99

HG within its type. I've tested it alongside Lust and Ginger at a Lust store and had to come back to get a full bottle. It's a solemn, spiritual, rich, very complex fragrance. I agree with the references to oriental temples and holy ceremonies. I also agree that it changes drastically according to skin, weather condition etc. On my friend, for example, it smells like disinfectant. Breath of God is something I put on when I feel chic, introspective and serene. It's not a sexy, flirtatious fragrance. Having said that, this 'not so obvious' character might be just what it takes for you to get noticed.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Melavigne

I tried the solid version of this in store, the end note somehow reminds me of lust. I like the scent of lust and this is lust with some minty hint and without the sweetness of lust. Probably because of the jasmine that could be found in both. Its a very special kind of scent which varies depending on each individual. But all in all, I like how it smell on me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by cheeky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i got this based on a review from a woman saying this fragrance brought her to tears, because it was so lovely. i was pretty disappointed with my sample, it smells incredibly masculine, and doesn't seem like anything very special. it does smell exotic, but i could never wear this, and i don't think i'd like to smell it on anyone else either.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2012 8:25:00 AM More reviews by KeLLsTar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the solid from a Boxing Day sale (it was 50% off). Breath Of God is not an awful scent however to me it smells just like the medicinal scent of a fabric band-aid (plaster) & Dettol (antiseptic) cream. It may be a good background scent to layer with a very sweet fragrance but I won't be repurchasing again even @ half price.