April 21, 2014 | 1821 users online

Styling Products - Not Your Mother's - She's a Tease Volumizing Hairspray

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- flexible hold
- not sticky/stiff

CONS

- scent
- no volume

COMMENTS: This is just your typical flexible hold hairspray, which is good and bad. It doesn't leave my hair feeling stiff, sticky, or dry. There isn't a voluminous effect, though. I get volume for a few seconds before my hair goes flat again. I don't care for the scent, either. It's overwhelmingly sweet and chemical-like. It also lingers in the hair.

Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by KrysteenaZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really enjoyed this hairspray. For the price it did a wonderful job of holding a good tease and helped the volume last all day. I'm not a fan of the scent but it's hairspray! Also, this hairspray is most definitely intended for teasing hair because if its used as a regular spray to set a style and then brush through later it's not going to work. It hardens and will turn white if its tampered with. I liked this hairspray a lot it's adorable. Especially the name of it. How cute

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Em04

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Definately love this hairspray!!!!!!! I have tried many many many other hairsprays to hold up my curled hair, but this beats them allll!!! The combination of the fruity smell and the fact that it will hold your hairdo up for at LEAST 10-12 hours is very reassuring! If i were you, i would buy this product!!! I got mine at Walmart for $5 and fell in love with all the other Not Your Mother's products that are the same price, and are equally satisfying! <3 <3

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by CKAriel

Long lasting volume that doesn't feel sticky? Yes please. My husband doesn't like the smell but I think it's fine.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this, well, two of these in sample boxes I subscribe to. I gave it an average review because while I don't hate it, I did not find anything great about it. However i took off an extra lippie for the smell. I can't stand the smell, and I'm generally not picky at all with scents. It smells... Off. Like they spilled an extra chemical in the batch when they were making it. I've had two bottles so its not a fluke. Also whenever I wear it, my bf asks me why I smell like nair (which he hates and which I don't use because nair sucks). I don't know if it smells like nair to be honest but its not a good smell and its very strong and lasts throughout the day. Therefore I would never repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by krazayy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this hairspray. It provides a good amount of hold and excellent volume without making my hair crunchy. I can layer it and it still doesn't make my hair stuff, but still provides volume and hold. Love! May not be quite as effective for girls with thick hair, but for my fine, long hair, it is fabulous. And the price is unbeatable.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by corabain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This hairspray adds volume to thin, straight hair like mine, and is not at all heavy or overpowering.
I don't mind the smell at all, I think it is nice, but sometimes I can smell it throughout the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Carmen0

I can't comment on the quality of this hairspray because I can't get past the awful smell. It's says its infused with apple blossom but, honestly it smells like puke. The spray comes out as a strong full mist which I like but, I rewashed my hair right after I sprayed my hair. I love their shampoo/conditioner. This spray.. The smell?! It's a awful joke. Will not recommend and have tossed out... Ugh you can't leave a 0 rating

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Meeechelle123

The spray itself is good... but the smell makes me pukey every time I spray it. It's horrible. It smells like I'm spraying straight Bacardi liquor on my hair. I don't care how great the spray is, I wouldn't buy it again just because of the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by smdunn91

Pretty much one of the better hairsprays I've used. Goes on easily, doesn't get crunchy, doesn't turn white and flaky. I used it for fly aways so I'm not sure about how it holds styles, but for what I use it for it's perfect.