October 1, 2014 | 1772 users online

Styling Products - Not Your Mother's - She's a Tease Volumizing Hairspray

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Snooki in a can!! This stuff is awesome for big hair. I am going to be picking up another can very soon. Normally I am quite loyal to my Aussie hairspray, & on occasion I will get bored & get RAVE or AquaNet. Yep those are my 3 work horse standby's. Enter: NYM hairspray....it's perfect for teasing & big hair! I have big hair that's all curls (as a direct result of NYM grape curling creme!!). I love this stuff, I even like the scent believe it or not! It smells Tutti Fruitti lol great price, & they have it at CVS & Target amongst others. Great for teasing, not bad for updo's but best for big hair. I've tried Big Sexy Hair, TIGI, TIGI Bedhead, & most of the DS brands but this stuff is really good!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

YUCK! This is one of my least favorite hairsprays out of my collection of ~30.

I'm usually a person that doesn't care about scents, but the smell of this product is disgusting. Its a chemically apple smell. It might have been ok if it were a finishing spray, but as a volumizing hairspray it's a big no no for me. I wore this to school once and tons of people were commenting on a terrible chemical smell, while I was hiding in the corner with my nasty hairspray hahah.

Speaking of school, the hold only lasts an hour until it falls flat. It doesn't hold a tease very well. It also feels rather dirty on my hair.

Overall, you can find much much better. As someone who likes volume and crazy hair, this is just bad. You might be able to use it as a finishing spray if you happen to enjoy the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by jessicapaige

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of my favorite hair sprays. perfect for teasing. & I love the smell of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just finished this bottle of hairspray and I'm not running out to buy another -- but I do really like this. The scent is overwhelming -- an overly sweet apple scent --- but I actually like it. I spray this at the roots, let it dry, then I tease where I sprayed. This is supposed to be a volumizing spray but I still have to tease my roots to get the volume I want. I like to lightly spray this all over my hair and it doesn't leave it sticky or crunchy. I really like this and would buy it again --- I just want to try some others first.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- flexible hold
- not sticky/stiff

CONS

- scent
- no volume

COMMENTS: This is just your typical flexible hold hairspray, which is good and bad. It doesn't leave my hair feeling stiff, sticky, or dry. There isn't a voluminous effect, though. I get volume for a few seconds before my hair goes flat again. I don't care for the scent, either. It's overwhelmingly sweet and chemical-like. It also lingers in the hair.

Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really enjoyed this hairspray. For the price it did a wonderful job of holding a good tease and helped the volume last all day. I'm not a fan of the scent but it's hairspray! Also, this hairspray is most definitely intended for teasing hair because if its used as a regular spray to set a style and then brush through later it's not going to work. It hardens and will turn white if its tampered with. I liked this hairspray a lot it's adorable. Especially the name of it. How cute

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Em04

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Definately love this hairspray!!!!!!! I have tried many many many other hairsprays to hold up my curled hair, but this beats them allll!!! The combination of the fruity smell and the fact that it will hold your hairdo up for at LEAST 10-12 hours is very reassuring! If i were you, i would buy this product!!! I got mine at Walmart for $5 and fell in love with all the other Not Your Mother's products that are the same price, and are equally satisfying! <3 <3

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by CKAriel

Long lasting volume that doesn't feel sticky? Yes please. My husband doesn't like the smell but I think it's fine.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this, well, two of these in sample boxes I subscribe to. I gave it an average review because while I don't hate it, I did not find anything great about it. However i took off an extra lippie for the smell. I can't stand the smell, and I'm generally not picky at all with scents. It smells... Off. Like they spilled an extra chemical in the batch when they were making it. I've had two bottles so its not a fluke. Also whenever I wear it, my bf asks me why I smell like nair (which he hates and which I don't use because nair sucks). I don't know if it smells like nair to be honest but its not a good smell and its very strong and lasts throughout the day. Therefore I would never repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by krazayy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this hairspray. It provides a good amount of hold and excellent volume without making my hair crunchy. I can layer it and it still doesn't make my hair stuff, but still provides volume and hold. Love! May not be quite as effective for girls with thick hair, but for my fine, long hair, it is fabulous. And the price is unbeatable.