September 17, 2014 | 1714 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sephora - Advanced Airbrush Set

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Brooklynzigzag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing brush set, I have always used drug store brushes and have been happy with them but never overly impressed or amazed. I had a gift card and have all the makeup I need so why te heck not splurge on brushes?, well for god sakes I'm glad I did, what a difference!!!!! How the heck have I been using those crappy brushes for so many years and not known there was better ones? I will get to the point-BUY THESE BRUSHES! The foundation and the concealer are the stars of the set by far, the powder and eye brushes are better than my old ones but didn't make as much of a difference as the face brushes, you seriously will be amazed at how airbrushed you look! I will be buyig more now from the airbrush colection for life!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Mikirulez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't know. I love the foundation and eye brushes, but the concealer brush is gummy and very bad at blending and the powder brush is just another powder brush. I never use the concealer brush, and I find that I don't use the 2 seperate eye brushes together (I'll grab whichever one I can find and use it.). I could've just bought one shadow brush and the foundation brush and saved a few bucks since I don't use them for their money's worth.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2012 3:22:00 AM More reviews by hrtbrkr78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wasn't convinced I needed to spend $40 on one brush but after trying this set, I am changing my tune. All of the brushes are super soft, doesn't shed (haven't deep cleaned it yet, only spray cleanse) and some are just useless. It would have been better if this set contained a blush brush instead of an additional eye brush.

-powder: large and fluffy, distributes loose and pressed powder foundation evenly and naturally but it'll probably fan out in less than a year
-foundation: i had to use double the amount of liquid for a natural finish. if this was set just a bit lower, it might not waste so much product.
-concealer: way too big for under eyes, too soft to distribute evenly, wastes product.
-crease: have no use for this since i have hooded lids; tried to use as a concealer but it is too soft & long
-shadow: my favorite and most used; ultra soft no matter how many times you go over your lids; distributes color w/o fall out

You do get what you pay for. There is no way this is a $170 value. $25 at best, is more like it. A great starter set but it's probably best to buy individual brushes that you need.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by shmonka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Airbrush 55. An excellent brush for applying and easy blending of foundation. Compared to Tarte Airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush, this one provides lighter coverage (which for me is preferable).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by bhaynes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A few weeks ago I bought a Sephora brand concealer and the MUA who tested it out on me used the airbrush concealer brush. I loved the finish of the concealer so much that I bought it only to get home and figure out that it was way too yellow for my skin tone, When I went back to return it I did decide to pick up this brush set. The set of five brushes comes with a sleek, shiny, gunmetal case which is a definite plus! It comes with a powder brush that is a little too flat and soft for my tastes. A concealer brush which is AWESOME! A foundation brush that really does give you a natural, airbrushed look. A crease brush with bristles that are too long for me to manage well, so I kind of keep making a mess. :( and an eyeshadow brush that is great for applying and packing on product. Overall I rated this product an 8.25 out of 10. The set is worth the $65 price tag because if I puchased the three brushes that I love from the set that individually, it would run me upwards of $70. You can watch my Youtube review here--->

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by aizen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am really in love most this brush set. only one brush I didn't like
is the powder brush ( powder brush my fave is Hakuhodo and
koyudo) it's too soft and doesn't pick up color well.
but it's ok. 5 brush for $65. it's very good deal compare hakuhodo or any other HE brush.

I was trying to buy the pro Brush #56 and concealer brush,
but sephora SA told me that this set's #56 and concealer brush is better. so I decided to try this set.
I haven't use pro #56. so I don't know what's the diffrence
but I am glad that I got this set.

please make sure that opne brush case to make sure all
brush in it. as I saw couple brush is missing when I did check it at sephora.

I will koyudo liquid foundation brush review too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Ginger1234

If you're trying to decide whether or not to buy the Sephora Advanced Airbrush Set, a serious desire for two or three of the five brushes makes this a very good deal. If you only want one or two and really don't need the rest, I'd recommend spending the same amount on a few brushes of higher quality.

They're reliable brushes and I would buy the set again. Just keep your expectations in check because they're not the most flawless brushes available.

The value of the set earns a 5 out of 5 (I really wanted two of the brushes, so the other three were like a bonus). The quality is slightly above average and rates a 3.5/4 out of 5. The packaging works well for me as a travel case and rates a 4.5 out of 5 (having a mirror inside would have made it perfect). For size reference, I usually bring a few eyeshadows, mascara, blush, lipgloss and a travel container of tinted moisturizer.

They're definitely better than the standard Sephora brushes and better than what you'll find a the drugstore - and they're certainly sufficient for my slightly-more-than-basic needs - but they're not comparable to higher-end brushes from MAC or what you'd find at a department store.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by babyblue59

I am completely in love with every brush in this set. The sales girl at Sephora showed me this set when she saw me picking out a few of the Sephora Platinum brushes because she said this would save me a lot of money. I was very skeptical because I was looking to invest in high-quality brushes and I wasn't sure I believed her when she said they compared to the Platinum brushes. I am so glad I listened to her because I absolutely love these brushes!

The kit comes with five brushes: a powder, foundation, concealer, shadow, and crease brush. My favorites are the powder brush and the crease brush. I use the powder brush for my powder and bronzer. It gives such a light but perfect application. I am very fair and have a hard time with bronzer looking blotchy and weird on me. If you have similar problems you NEED this brush for bronzer! It is amazing! The crease brush is perfect. It does all the work for you and is the perfect size. Overall, all of the brushes are extremely soft and high-quality and I would recommend them to anyone. Best makeup purchase I have made in awhile. This kit is perfect if you are the type of person that doesn't need a bunch of different brushes and would rather just have a few brushes that give a flawless look.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by flixbix

I fell for the #56 foundation brush and went back for this set. Just tried the concealer brush today and I feel like I just discovered the airbrushes all over again. I was doubtful of its ability to cover smaller blemishes, but because it buffers in the concealer, it covered marks of all sizes. Brilliant! This will go with me on EVERY trip.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well let me just break the brushes down one-by-one

Powder Brush: Flat paddle typed brush that is super soft, very large and perfect for powder and bronzor. I'm fair-skinned and only need a minimal amount of bronzer and this picks up just the right amount

Foundation Brush: Dense and has a clamed end thus giving it a sort of paddle shape. Short bristles, blends those hard to blend foundations. However, I don't think it gives as big an airbrush finish as the #55 brush.

Concealer: Larger than expected, probably as round as your ring finger so can't really conceal tiny blemishes here and there, however, if you have scaring or large areas that need concealing this is perfect. Gets under eyes well.

Eyeshadow: Typical brush, soft but nothing special or amazing

Crease brush: The do it all brush, I've used it for every type of application of shadows (crease, all over, outter corner, highlighting etc...) except liner of course.

In my opinion if this would have had the airbrush 55 brush instead of the 56 I'd say you can't beat it. Of all the brushes the only ones I use on a daily basis is the powder and crease brush which is why i wouldn't buy it again. But if you are in a pickle and need a do it all set then I'd still consider this as it is a good value for the quality of brushes you get. Despite my comments none of the brushes are bad and defenitely better than other brushes I've used.