December 22, 2014 | 1353 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Plumage

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Why create a beautiful shade with lackluster pigmentation and blendability? Granted that with minimal pigmentation, it takes a lengthier time to build it up and looks "blended" in this manner, but unless I have a lot of time to spend prepping for eyeshadow, I usually overlook this colour.

I do love the matte, darkened teal. It's very flattering with a variety of different colours, mostly my favourite to match it with is a greened olive/silver-olive (MAC Greensmoke, or MAC Sumptuous Olives. Various dupes in lines such as L'oreal Infalliable e/s etc.) with a warm brown in the crease (MAC Soft Brown/Saddle.) I think it makes for a subtle colourful eye that I am able to pull off without looking like a canvas that was paint-by-numbers.

So I do like this shade, but the hard texture leaves much to be desired. I wish the texture had been like a matte2 because Prussian was a beautiful navy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

I'm very picky about buying MAC shadows because Makeup Geek and a few others have very close dupes However, this one is one of the exceptions. This cameleon color has Teal/blue/grey tones is a matte and beautiful to punch up that smokey eye. A little goes a long way especially if you are on the fair side. I've used this in my corner V, crease, lower lash line and on lid especially when I'm going for the more dramatic. I've blended this out with a little soft brown and Schrum and it takes on such a beautiful hue. I've also used it with Pigment Blue brown. It's dramatic but if you are looking to really make your eyes the center of it all this is a look to try! .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Plumage is a navy blue with a slight greenish/teal undertone to it. It is matte but applies well for a smokey eye. So far I wear plumage smudged above my upper lashes to almost half way up on my eye lid. Then I apply mac texture in the crease and then top texture with mac tempting eye shadow, orb goes on the center of the lid to brighten the look a bit. I use stilla kitten then brule as a highlight. I love this smokey combination so this is what I use plumage for the most. Maybe one day I will venture out and try it in the crease or with other colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Plumage is my go to V colour when I use Club eyeshadow. I use club all over, then darken up the outer corners and V with Plumage. It's a dark teal, matte colour that blends beautifully, not at all chalky. Love it paired with Club shadow and Tealo pencil liner on the waterline. X

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by lepoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this eyeshadow. Plumage is described as a dusky peacock color and while it isn't as bright as I would imagine it to be, just judging by the description, it is still very pigmented and pretty. I normally use mine to cut my crease and in the outer v. It works wonderfully and I have used it with a brighter purple, a brighter blue, and a brighter green (although not at the same time, because that would just be kind of bad) and all those colors have looked really good with it. It is very pigmented, so it is somewhat unforgiving, but if you build the color instead of just smearing it on, it seems to work better. I do wish it had a little bit more brightness to it, but I can always add a little bit of Knight by Spectrum Cosmetics. I have worn this color with every color outfit I own and somehow it seems to match, no matter what. With orange, it looks more muted brown. With brown, it looks more muted green. With blue, it looks more teal...so on and so forth. I have read where some people have found this to be chalky but I can't say that's the case for me. I use two primers, though. The first primer is my normal makeup primer (Monistat Gel) and the second primer I use is either my UD or Spectrum. I love this color and I find that it has become one of my go-to shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by felicialazaar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is such a beautiful colour. Although it looks so dark (almost black) in the pan, but it applies as a nice deep teal on the eye. I was actually surprised, how well blendable it was, as I have read other reviews stating it was a pain to blend. How I make it work is by literally just dipping a small brush into it and then slowly building it into the outer V.

It looks nice in the crease and outer V on top of a neutral. But I have also been using it in the crease when I use Steamy (a metallic blue-green) to add depth. I yet have to try to pair it with blue (with Deep Truth).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by antynette

Love this eyeshadow, it goes great on the outer lid with urban decay's half baked on the inner portion or even over black gel eyeliner to set it and give it a green tint. I didn't like it too much when I'd first got it, but once I got used to blending it out as much as I should it worked for me. Took off one lippy for the fact that it is...I want to say streaky/patchy?, I feel I have to put in that extra effort for it to be applied evenly and blend it out a WHOLE lot more compared to my other matte shadows. I only spent 4 dollars on it at a warehouse sale, but I think I'll repurchase it when it runs out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Emilyx0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This colour is gorgeous in the shop! I went to swatch it but absolutely nothing! It's still a beautiful matte dark blueish-green colour! would be beautiful with some gold over it I think!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by AngelOtter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great color, I haven't used it a whole lot yet, but it's really pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by kohleyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful, rich, smokey and deep colour. Its great for the crease and outer edges of the eye. It takes some layering to intensify the colour,because it is matte. It is a unique and flattering peacock teal colour!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No