July 31, 2014 | 1020 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Mary Kay - foundation primer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by bneslein

I have this and it works great! I love the smell, it makes my face feel smooth, and it holds my makeup well. The only problem I have is the price and convenience of ordering. I bought maybelline baby skin and it works just as well, I get it quicker, and it's cheaper. But by all means if you want this primer, buy it, it definitely works!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Missers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this primer for around 4 months now while I like the tube and even the smell, smells like cake batter to me, it really does not do much for me. Does not extend the wear of my foundation and does not keep oil under control. I usually love Mary Kay products but this is one of the few that has failed me. I find I will dig in my drawer for Ulta Matte Prime or use none at all as apposed to using this. I should have returned it will use it on days I go out in the sun as a sunscreen without make up.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by lashandbrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If you want pimples, then this product is for you!

Also the spf is a joke--- if you want protection go with a physical blocker with zinc.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Cherishedadvice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Why don't people sample stuff? This is an awesome primer for my oily skin. You can't use this and not take care of your skin and expect a miracle. I use Clinique's skin care regimen (3 step) and use this primer. I purchased after using a sample because it works. It kept my foundation from slipping throughout the workday. My mineral foundation stayed in place until I washed my face that night. Take care of your skin in lieu of this and you'll love it. BTW...I used ELF's primer and loved it until I realized it was breaking me out. This product however does not break me out. I love it!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Lennethh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I live in a tropical country so I need a primer that hold the make up at least for 5 hours (but I dream with one who could hold for 12 hours), and Mary Kay is famous around here (Brazil) so I though "why not"? And... it was horrible! The primer did nothing at all in my skin (I have oily skin). In fact I think that the foundation and the concealer had half the duration with this primer! And my skin didn't look better at all when I applyed the primer. So, for oily skin like mine I don't recommend this primer. (sorry for my english)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by cdwhitehaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer made it look like I dumped baby oil on my face. It made me look super oily. Because I was so oily, my foundation would clump or slide in my t-zone.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by carouselgirl2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This primer is so lightweight. It leaves my skin feeling very soft and smooth. It has definitely helped my makeup last longer and actually stay on my face. At retail, it is quite expensive. However, I purchase mine on eBay and never pay over $10 including shipping. I will continue to use this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by boilerscuba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this prior to knowing much about primers, and this was the first foundation primer I bought. I used it for about a year. I have dry skin, and with repeated use, my skin became dryer, and I felt like my pores became more visible. It did hold onto my makeup for day-to-day use, but was not the best for going out, or hot days. I'm not an oily skin person and rarely does my t-zone look oily, but when I use this primer, I noticed that at about 4-6 hours, I start looking oily - def not a look I'm going for! I do think the price is not bad compared to Lorac, MAC and Benefit, but I will not be buying this again. I feel like for a product I use every day, it is not worth saving the money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I don't know if the consultant gave me an out of date product or what!!!
First of all, it felt heavy and greasy over my already oily skin. Second, it smells of rotten eggs... Like it has an inmense amount of petroleum... I just can't describe the smell... Like a corn starchy goo...
It made me nauseous.
Thirdly and most importantly, it did not help my make up last any longer than usual, actually, it was all ruined faster than usual.
Bottom line, this does not work AT ALL! Total rip off for how much it costs... Mary Kay products tend to be expensive but this one is a total joke!
I'm assuming this was sold to me expired or something because there can't be a product as awful as this in the market being sold to women...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have found this works very well with the TimeWise Luminous Foundation. They are the same base so it works very well. I feel my foundation lasts longer and looks better when I use this. I also have worn this alone because it makes my skin look great. For those having trouble make sure your using a primer that has the same base as your foundation. Normally you'll find the base in the first five ingredients.