September 21, 2014 | 2089 users online

Foundations - Artdeco - Rich Treatment Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 5:46:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

My skin is slightly sensitive, dry-normal, NC15-25 throughout the year. I bought this because people were saying it's full coverage, long lasting and good for sensitive skin. I must agree - It really is all of those things! There are two reasons I don't give this 5 stars:
Problem number 1: it is quite thick, so it doesn't glide on very well on my dry skin. It is rather a cream foundation in a bottle than an actual liquid foundation. I use it by mixing it with the YSL Touche Eclat foundation. Touche Eclat isn't very covering, not very long lasting and can make me look oily in a few hours if I'm stressing around. The Artdeco Rich Treatment Foundation solves all of those problems! I just mix the two foundations. This would probably be good for combination and oily skins though! On me dry-normal skin it tends to look a bit visible and heavy alone :/
Problem number 2: there is no colour for me :( I have number 12, which is a slightly yellow, warm colour, close in depth to MAC NC20. It will look orange if you aren't dark enough for it. The problem is: my skin tone is a cool yellow a.k.a. very light olive. Luckily, I overcome this problem by using the YSL Touche Eclat foundation in BD10, which is a light, very yellow foundation. By using the two foundations in different proportions I can blend them to be almost prefect for my skin tone. If anyone knows how the colour 10 compares to colour 12, feel free to message me :)
Otherwise, the Rich Treatment Foundation doesn't break me out, doesn't dry my skin out, is long wearing, doesn't get oily on me during the day and looks very natural when mixed with Touche Eclat Foundation. I might actually consider to buy this again in a lighter colour, probably 28, to mix with other foundatoins I have that are not long wearing and too dark for me. I would also recommend others trying it of they are looking for a long-wearing foundation that is better suited for drier skin than many other long-wear foundation on the market.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by SoniaStrawberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My favorite foundation. I have it in shade 28 and it's perfect fit for my skintone. It's super creamy and the skin look so healthy.
I get a little oily sometimes,but not so much,so i don't know how will this work on oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by MakeupLovingNurse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm almost afraid to say it......I don't want to jinx it........but this is HG FOUNDATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A quick bit of background; I work lonnnnnnng shifts in warm , dry environments. I have giant pores on my cheeks and patches of very high colour. I wouldn't say I'm prone to spots, but when I do get them, they resemble acne. Overall my skin is very dry with a tendency to flake it I don't use good products.

So I noticed this new brand in local department store and when browsing. I had been eyeing up the high def foundation when a lovely assistant came over for a chat. She asked me all about my skin and what I thought it needed and recommended Rich Treatment Foundation. I was a bit skeptical as i really wanted to try a supposed 'hd' foundation. However when she told me she was wearing it right then and had been on her for 12 hours I got colour matched and bought it there and then.

Packing & Cost: a 20ml glass bottle with metal lid for about £22 which i think it a tad on the high side for the amount. Inside the metal lid is a spatula. Overal, elegant and practical.

Colour & consistency. I matched to a 10 in this foundation which is a light shade with pink undertones. They seemed to have quite a good colour range. The liquid itself is of a thick, almost tacky consistency, which I was quite hesitant about at first

Applicaotion & finish: I scooped a small amount onto the back of my hand and used a flat top kabuki brush to apply. A little goes a long way!!!!!! And coverage is definitely medium to high. It spread and blends extremely easily which i was not expecting from the consistency. One thing worth noting is this probably isn't suitable for those who prefer the barely there look from foundation. It almost totally hides my pores and does totally even my skin tone so to do those jobs effectively, it's a bit more heavy duty.

Over all ths foundation is set to replace my ELDWL. It lasted a 14hr shift and still looks imacculate. I'm going back to the counter tomorrow to invest in some more of their products!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by kerli310

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have used several bottles of shade 28, which is (at least to my knowledge) the lightest tone of this foundation. My skin type is dry and sensitive.

The product claims to be a "light reflecting cream foundation for a flawless and luminous complexion. This luxurious foundation with skin-smoothing squalane hides imperfections of the skin and provides your complexion with softness and freshness. The long-lasting formulation with medium to high coverage is recommended for normal, dry and also sensitive skin." I was very amazed to find that it actually does what it claims:
- gives good coverage yet it is hardly even visible that you are wearing any make-up;
- my skin looks healthy and luminous (not oily);
- gives silky and soft feeling, does not leave any dry patches;
- perfectly evens out the skin tone and the light-reflecting properties hide dehydration/fine lines;
- does not dry the skin out.

The foundation comes in a 20 ml glass jar with a built-in spatula. There are many different shades available and you should be able to easily find the matching one for you. About 17 Euros for only 20 ml might seem a bit too pricey, but a little goes a long way - It has thick consistency and compared to liquid foundations (e.g Lumene vit.C foundation for example) you only need very little amount to achieve desired result. This might be the one and only con here - should you be used to liquid-like foundations, you might need some practice to apply this one. In my opinion way too much product would be used when applied with fingertips, thus I have applied it with wet sponge, foundation brush and even mixed it with my daily moisturizer.

I would definitely recommend anyone with pale skin tone to give this foundation a try - I believe Artdeco foundations have one of the lightest shades in the market. In my personal experience it is also suitable for dry and sensitive skin - I am very prone to breakouts and this product has never caused me any trouble whatsoever.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No