August 22, 2014 | 1854 users online

Polishes - Rimmel - French Manicure Pro - French Lingere

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by kiramekihoshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

French Lingerie is a sheer pink that is supposed to be worn as a French manicure. I like it on its own, but I know it would be too sheer for most people's tastes. I love the square bottle, but it's really too streaky for me to say that I would buy again. It's a great sheer pink, but honestly, there are many better sheer pinks out there to choose from.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by pokejen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is a very sheer pinky nude color. Unlike a lot of reviewers on here i wear it sheer (just one coat) with a base and top coat. It looks like my nails but better. I'm a big fan of these Rimmel polishes and own 6 or 7. The brush is fantastic and flat which makes for easy application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been so impressed with Rimmel's new Lasting Finish Pro Enamel Polish (in the square bottle) that I have been picking up more and more colours for my collection. Like other polishes in the series, this one is awesome too. The colour I can best describe as an ivory with a slight pink undertone. Applies evenly, dries quickly, and doesn't streak. Optimal opaqueness can be achieved in two coats. I can wear this polish for 5 to 6 days (with a top coat applied) and that is a miracle in terms of longevity for me. Awesome quality for such an inexpensive price (I purchase mine at Walmart for less then $3 Canadian).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by tstimbert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Spoiler Alert: This is semi-holy grail status for me!

At first, I was disappointed with how streaky the initial application was. Yet, by some kind of nail sorcery, it smooths itself out significantly while drying. Now, this doesn't settle to a smooth-as-glass surface, and there is some streaking still visible when you're way up close. Most people aren't all up in muh nailz, though, so I'm not too concerned. Dry time is great and I've never had this polish smudge. It seems to bypass that dangerous tacky phase that polish loooves to be in (you know, that point during dry time when you always seem to have to pee). I love love this polish and don't ever want to be without it. The shade is amazing for my fair skin and I think this is the ultimate pale pink for that classy, bridal vibe. No, I'm not getting married, but I want to at least *look* like I could at any moment!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This nail polish is so great! When your'e not sure what to wear on your nails, you want something that goes with everything, or you want to make a neat clean professional impression, this is your go to n/p.

It is a creamy nude pink which is a great as an all over nail color for a french manicure but its beautiful all on its own. And all you need is 1 coat. Yes 1. I use a clear base the n/p and a top clear coat and I'm done. There is little fuss or frills to doing your nails with this color. The brush is wide and flat which distributes the color quickly and evenly. If you are like me who have a lot of n/p but dont always have the time to do your nails, this is a really quick way to look clean and polished without dedicating too much time into it. It dries really fast and lasts a few days well without getting chipped too.

A must have in everyone's collection especially for busy moms, working women and students.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by monicaandree

Over the years I think I may have tried dozens of pinky-nudes, and this is my hg. The brush is wonderful, and applies the perfect amount of polish without running onto the cuticles. Two coats provides a slightly opaque pinkish-ivory color that is beautiful on my cool pale skin.It is an appropriate and classy color.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by lidochickie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I put on 3 coats to get that somewhat opaque colour, it looks amazing under the sunlight, it has a slight pink tone to it and makes my my hands look so elegant.
however, under artificial light, the colour looks kind of "dead", maybe that's common among nude colours.
next time i only only put 2 coats and add a white tip, it should look better =).
ps. i got it when it was 75% off at CVS!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by jessibrianne18

Amazing product. Color is flattering, formula thick enough to use as one coat but not so thick it goes on unevenly. It dries in a reasonable amount of time as well. This is definitely the best nail brush I have ever used. It's full and wide but the tip is tapered so when you apply pressure to the brush against your nail, it fans out to the SHAPE of your nail, even right up to cuticle. This allows for fewer swipes and more even color, which is critical with french manicure types of polish. My nails are wide and I got away with two swipes on each nail and they are all seamless. No streaks. As far as french manicure polish, I have used Essie, OPI, Sally Hansen, and a couple of brands from Sally Beauty Supply, and this is BY FAR my favorite. I definitely recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by minimad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this after I read a really good review in a magazine. The color is an absolutely gorgeous pale pink. The applicator brush is hands down the best nail brush I've ever used. It is flat and wide, and it makes applying nail polish so easy. I can't wait to repurchase! And I'm definitely looking forward to trying more of their polishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Chantal25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is brilliant! It's the best french manicure nail polish I have ever tried. Initially, I wanted to buy Essie's Ballet Slippers but after hearing about how streaky it is when applied, I turned to something more affordable. Turns out, I took the right decision.

1. It has the perfect colour (an off-white colour with pink undertones).
2. You'll need 3 coats for a white, opaque finish.
3. It can also be used as a white tip colour for french manicures if you enjoy wearing something less obvious.
4. The application is flawless thanks to the rounded brush (seriously, more brands should have this type of brush).
5. It dries kind of quick.
6. I bought it for 3.99 $. You can't beat that.