December 22, 2014 | 1628 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection- Flame

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Minxie413

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

Covergirl's Lip Perfection in Flame is fabulous!! It is probably one of the best lipsticks I have ever purchased from the drugstore. I would describe the color as juicy, dayglow watermelon. I often times lean toward matte finish, Flame is not a matte. Using MAC as a reference I would say Flame is comparable to an Amplified finish. I don't notice any type of strong or offensive odor. It is also super pigmented, only a couple swipes for fully opaque color coverage. The color lasts and lasts and leaves a pinky red stain. The packaging seems sturdy and clicks tightly locked so it won't come flying open in my purse. This was my first Covergirl Lip Perfection lipstick purchase and I'm looking forward to trying more shades. I have no idea why this shade has some of the negative reviews?? In the past, I have been hung up on high-end expensive brands. Recently it has been a extremely pleasant surprise to find such gems hiding in a CVS!! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by ladyflickermua

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

look i like the color but the formula is drying and stains .. hmm a bit disapointed but the first application looks awesome its a bit overpriced for the formula

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by hannahps

Although it's a bit drying, this is a good lipstick. It's a flattering shade of red on my skin (very fair) and doesn't have a strong scent, which I love. It goes on nicely and only starts to fade after a couple of hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Law08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this pretty color when I first saw it I knew I had to have it super fab! Long wear!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by peakvolume

Flame is a bright, pinky-red with a soft sheen. I found it very flattering on my skin (very pale), but the bold pigment will likely look gorgeous on skin tones across the board. Only a swipe or two is enough to cover the whole mouth.

It wore decently. After 2 hours, there was some slight fading and even slighter bunching in the lip lines, but only on close inspection. It faded more after 4 hours. By 5, the color had worn away, leaving an unflattering ring of color around the mouth. It'd be best to remove or reapply after 4 hours.

I found that sadly, this particular lipstick was slightly drying, despite the brand's claims that these were to be moisturizing. However, the color was pigment-crazy, sweetly scented, affordable, and pretty easy to find.

(read the full review on peakvolume.blogspot.com)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Paavaki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The color is gorgeous pinky-red almost like a strawberry. Its richly pigmented and very bright. It does dry a little bit and also it stains badly.
I get around 3-4 hours of wear with this lipstick but the stain lingers on for the entire night. Its tough to remove. I usually wear it very lightly with a clear lipgloss which gives a very decent yet sexy everyday look. I will definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by lipstickjunkie87

Love this Lippie!! I am a dark skin girl and not afraid of color (no more) ..lol!! Nice coverage, not to drying, and just a great pop of color if you are not really wearing an eyeshadow. If you want a more glossy look just add a coat of clear gloss!! Right now I have it on and yea its bright, but I don't care I am still going to rock it out in the month of February. Definitely a great summer color!! #lipstickjunkie87

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Lisa527

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lovely bright pinkish red! Just wore this to a movie, it looks great. Smooth and long-lasting on me. Color payoff is great.

Cons: You need very moisturized lips before applying it, otherwise this lipstick shows up the dead skin, if you look close enough.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by joymelissa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I cannot tell you how much I love this color, unfortunately it contains Parabens! The ingredients are not listed on the tube but are available on a tear card at local retailers or you can obtain the ingredients buy emailing Cover Girl. I will be looking for a replacement for this color since the product contains Parabens.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by skywriter24

The color of this lipstick is VERY bright. It came off on my lips looking like a bright red. I have to apply very little, otherwise I look like a clown. This is not a good everyday lipstick. It also dried out my lips.