MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter Pen (Radiant Rose)

4.7

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have previously purchased this but in the shade bright forecast which was completely stupid of me because it was too dark for my pale skin so I had to give it to a friend of mine. I decided to purchase it in this shade because I had already loved the previous one aside from the color so now that I have a nice color, I'm highly enjoying it. The pink undertone in this helps with canceling out the blue undertones in my horrific dark under eye circles. I like the fact that it's a pen, making it easier and faster to apply. The formula is really beautiful, it's very easy to blend, and it doesn't crease on me if I set it with a light pressed powder. It highlights wonderfully and adds a sheer wash of color so if you're looking for a full coverage concealer then this might not be the one for you but you can apply this over your concealer and it will give you the results you're looking for without looking like you have flour on your face. I personally like applying this on its own on days where I just want a bit of coverage to look put together without wasting a lot of time and I like to blend it out using a dampened beauty blender. I'm definitely going to repurchase this but I've been really eye-ing the shade light boost so I might check that one out as well. Overall, I think this product is fantastic and I have nothing against it at all.

on 5/2/2015 9:41:00 PM

I love this stuff. I was pretty much pressured into buying this by a MAC makeup artist but I'm glad I bought it. I apply it under my eyes on top of my concealer, on my forehead between my brows and on my chin. I usually blend it out with a beauty blender and always get great results. It gives a nice natural glowy highlight, definitely brightens my face without looking like I applied a bunch of makeup. I like the packaging, makes it very easy to apply. I think it is a bit pricey for the size, but it does last quite awhile and is an amazing product so it's worth the price.

on 5/2/2015 9:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a great highlighter! I love the way my face looks when I use this for a tiny bit of contouring - especially the very top of my cheek/temple/outer eye area. The pink color is perfect for my skin tone.

on 4/29/2015 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've gone through two of these and I'm buying my third this week. I'm so pale that I use this as a concealer. It's the only product I've found that matches my skin. It covers my dark circles and makes me look alive. I cannot say how much I love this product - there aren't enough words in the English language. With that said, it does not work on any kind of blemish other than red, smooth spots.

on 4/18/2015 3:41:00 PM

I love this... But as a highlighter. To me this is not a concealer but it can be worn on top of a concealer... To highlight, which is its purpose. This is my absolute go to for highlighting underneath the brows. It creates a sharp line and is easily blended in. My brows are gappy and I have to draw the angle, this pen just perfects it. Couldn't be without it.
For reference I'm NW20/25 and the radiant rose is a perfect compliment to my skin tone.

on 1/17/2015 10:55:00 PM

I can't get enough of this highlighter. It works so well for me. I apply a more yellow based concealer (at the moment benefit fake up) underneath this for coverage and follow with a generous amount of this and it works absolutely amazing for my under eye circles. Great consistency to work with and keeps the skin looking radiant. Really great alternative for the By Terry Touche Veloutee that is way more expensive. Highly recommend!

on 1/15/2015 3:56:00 PM

Actually I don't understand what's so big deal with this..I'm a little bit disappointed,I waited more from this product,as I had read the reviews and watched videos of it.YSL Touche Eclat Pen is better, I think.This stuff dries pretty quick,so I have to do one under eye at the time.I give it 3 lipsticks,I do like it,but it's nothing special.I'd be interested on hearing more about those peoples' opinions,who are thinking this MAC highlighter pen is better than YSL,which is about 20 years old formula,that's something special.I thought this would be creamier concistency,but it is pretty thin.I definitely can't wear this as a concealer,it does not conceal anything.My dark under eyes are showing through of this product.There's foundation and concealer needed before you can apply this(with YSL I don't need concealer).But still,overall a good product.

on 12/3/2014 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This has become a staple in my morning makeup routine by accident. A friend gave this to me because it was too light for her, and I now use it every single day. When I first used it, I was taken back by how well it covered dark areas. It's really great and lightweight for use at the corners of eyes, around the nose, around the lips, and above/below the brows. This wouldn't be my number one for use as an all around concealer, but it COULD work as one if you forget your normal concealer or if you're in a hurry. It does a pretty decent job to cover redness/blemishes as well as working to lightly conceal dark circles(and mine are pretty purple/dark).

I use this pen on my eyes too before applying shadow since it's so handy being a clickable pen. I'd probably give it a 3/5 on how well it works to keep eyeshadow on(I'm not sure how many uses this pen is supposed to have lol)

This is definitely a repurchase for me.

on 11/18/2014 10:05:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a must-have, every day staple in my makeup kit, and also a product that I use on almost everyone as a freelance makeup artist. This is a highlighting pen and is not meant to be used solely as a concealer. I use this to highlight areas of my face (above eyebrows, sides of nose, and in the triangle underneath the eye). This is perfect for that highlighted, sculpted contour look that is big right now. You'll notice that this product does not have a shiny consistency when it dries. This becomes a matte finish, but still has luminous particles. This also does not crease or cake in fine lines the way most highlighting pens do. It's also very affordable at $25, especially when compared to similar products by other high-end lines that are closer to $40.

My favorite way to use this pen is to clean up around the eye, after doing a smoky eye or using a dark shadow in general, and really carve out a shadow shape. This has quickly become one of my HG products, and I like the clickable pen. Like any product that is packaged that way, it's going to take quite a few clicks to get the product from the barrel of the pen into the brush, so don't let that put you off, as I'd noticed a few other reviewers had mentioned that. The yellow shade in this pen is also amazing.

on 9/25/2014 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is incredible!!!!!! I have tried numerous highlighters in the past but this one is the best it gives my porcelain fair skin a beautiful ethereal glow It doesint do much for dark circles but for covering blemishes and giving a radiant lit from within glow this is it.its not to sheer nor to runny the consistency is impeccable I love this please Mac don't ever discontinue this....

Top Rated MAC Products