MAC Candy Yum-Yum

4.5

Candy, rainbows and Unicorns

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When going to a mac counter to get another supply of studio fix foundation the sales associate recommended me this color of lipstick because she claims it went well with my eyes. She showed me a way to use the talking points lip pencil to emphasize it. I was sold. A perfect shade for spring and summer.

on 4/21/2015 5:21:00 AM

Candy Yum-Yum has been a big surprise for me as I never thought I would be able to pull off this neon pink but I love it and find on my NC15 yellow under-toned skin this lipstick is very wearable on its own, as a base shade or a layering colour to tone it down just a little for something a little more subdued.

This lipstick is what I was hoping Saint Germain would do for me - but that one on me was garish and fake plasticky looking. Where as Candy Yum-Yum is complimentary to my fair skin, green eyes and blonde hair.

This is matte but applies quite creamy, staying power is awesome as you would expect and this lipstick fades away as a stain. I love to brush this lightly over a light nude pink base shade for a softer pink and have really been enjoying wearing this on its own, then blotted right down and something lighter and creamier brushed over the top - the staying power is impressive.

I don't think this lipstick on its own would be forgiving to dry or flaky lips but I don't find it really drying either.

Love this enough to repurchase when I'm at the scraping out of the tube stage :)

on 3/21/2015 3:24:00 AM

i love this lipstick. its bright almost neon, matte and intense pigment, long lasting.

the thing is, nyx matte sweet pink is a close dupe for $6 with a tad better performance.

but candy yum yum runs a bit warmer compared to nyx sweet pink so im keeping this.

mac lipsticks are overrated. i returned most of the macs i bought, expect for this.

on 2/23/2015 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love love love! Not for the faint hearted as it's BRIGHT but if you don't mind standing out from the crowd then you will love this lipstick! It is a matte formulation (which is my personal favourite) which means that it lasts for a long time. Yes, you will have to make sure that your lips are well moisturised to avoid flakiness but it's so worth it for the colour pay off and wow factor of this shade! Wear with neutral eyes and cheeks. I love it! :)

on 2/17/2015 12:09:00 PM

I love this colour, the lipstick is extremely drying I find, and I am always left with my inner lips lacking in lippie which can be annoying having to keep reapplying and also looks really weird in photos. But I do love the colour its really fun and summery, wore it with a lime dress to a wedding last year and got loads of compliments on the contrast. Its very bright so wouldn't wear it for everyday but its a really fun colour. Im sure there is a cheaper dupe that's maybe not as drying

on 2/12/2015 2:55:00 PM

This is such a fun spring summer colour. I love it with my beach hair! It's funky and young, gives life to the lips. It looks so so bright but you knownwhat, once it's on your lips, it actually really works! Makes my eyes stand out too. If like like me you're sick of standard colours that don't stand out, make this one of your lipsticks to add to your collection! I wear with shock value MAC lip liner.

I got mine from a Mac counter after trying many colors I went with this color. The color has minor problems it gets very dry and crusty on your lips but the color stays on it stains your lips but I do like how opaque the color is it last long but I find myself applying any EOS or lip gloss before the lipstick so I don't feel dried out during the day but it gives it a lipgloss feel and color to it rather then lipstick when doing that and I like a hydrating lipstick that won't look like lipgloss over very bold sand opaque and pretty

on 1/18/2015 11:51:00 PM

As much as I love the color and Mac products, this lipstick just applies so patchy.

Even after exfoliating intensively, and applying lip balm I can't get it to work.

on 1/16/2015 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I actually use this lipstick as a stain. Using my finger I dab just enough on my lips so that bubblegum pink colour shows then I go over it with gloss. Gets lots of compliments and it's a very pretty daytime look. I have not yet used it as a "lipstick" on its own but will edit when I do ☺

on 12/3/2014 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a very fun color. It is a cool-toned, bubblegum/neon pink, and it definitely dries matte. This lipstick has great staying power, and looks nice on my light/cool skin. Great color for going out, I use it occasionally!

Popular Lipsticks