MAC Candy Yum-Yum

4.5

Candy, rainbows and Unicorns

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Candy Yum Yum (I love the name!) is a very bright, almost neon, pink lipstick from MAC. It has a matte finish, and it is quite drying on the lips. However, the colour is to die for! It can be applied thickly to get a bright, glowing, neon pink colour which will certainly make you stand out in a crowd. Perfect for clubbing or days where you need a pick-me-up. However, it can also be applied lightly by dabbing it onto the lips, and this will transform it into a bright, Barbie pink colour which is more wearable in the daytime. I like to wear the colour both ways, but the versatility of the colour is a huge bonus, particularly as I bought it on a whim and wasn't sure how often I could wear it. Due to these two different methods of applying, I can wear it for many occassions. The application is smooth and easy no matter how you apply it. It is also an extremely long lasting lipstick that survives through drinking and eating. It has the delicious signature MAC vanilla smell. This is a bit of a 'cult favourite' colour and I can see why! It is my favourite bright pink lipstick and definitely a colour Barbie would own. Everyone needs a bit of Candy Yum Yum in their lives!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The color is very pigmented and very pretty;however, it's such a shocking pink that I felt like it darkened my eyes and face and make me look very dramatic like I was wearing a face full of makeup even when only applying this lipstick. Also, this lipstick is VERY drying even for a matte.

El color es hermoso, no es completamente mate, lo que no me gusta y por lo que no lo volverķa a comprar es por que cada ve que lo uso se me resecan los labios horrible

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

beautiful colour but not good for extremely pale skin and big lips. I found this colour was very hard to use by it's self i usually have to mute the color with a nude lip. This lipstick is very hard to wear lips have to be in very good condition as they can't be chapped or dry as dis color will just emphasize these problems

I have the original Candy Yum Yum which was a bit more white based, and a tad more neon. That being said, I do not know if you would be able to tell the difference once it is actually on your lips.

This was originally a shade I'd reserve for nights out or on Halloween. I was very timid when it came to pinks and corals for some strange reason.

However, this pink does liven up the face. I would attempt this shade with caution, as it may make certain skintones seem rather sallow (as it does with mine. My skin leans quite yellow) and may yellow teeth.

So I say, approach this with caution and if you love it, go full speed ahead.

Texture is a normal Mac Matte, tad drying, long lasting.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool

Purchased the CYY trio after falling in love with Pink Pigeon. CYY is Pink Pigeon's younger, funner, more frivolous sister, the latter of which I have already composed a more in-depth review. It looks fantastic on my porcelain skin and complements my raven hair and hazel eyes. Colour lasts exceptionally well and even more so when I team it with Smashbox's 24 hour primer. It is beautiful and definitely makes you stand out from the crowd. Got plenty of looks from both men and women. Team it with a cute black dress or a pink skirt to feel super girlie.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Enough has been said by others concerning the color, texture, wearability, etc. I just wanted to add that I've completely used up two of these (scooped out to totally empty with a lip brush) and recently purchased my third tube. I've rarely worn it by itself, but do wear it regularly as a base to brighten up or lighten up other lipsticks. My favorite combination is to apply, blot. and then put Revlon Fire and Ice over top. It is a very flattering color combination, and the price is most definitely right!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

So this is probably one of the most pigmented lipstick I've ever tried... it literally has trouble coming off my lips even if I've worn it all day. Cons it can smudge around your lips. But yeah.. it's like a lip tattoo.. in bright pink. Definitely not to be used if you're going for a no makeup look.

The relashionship with Candy Yum-Yum is love or rate it, not everyone like this type of color because is to flashy! I specially love, is a beautiful bright pink and don't need to much, just an eyeliner with this rocks and looks like a doll make-up!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When going to a mac counter to get another supply of studio fix foundation the sales associate recommended me this color of lipstick because she claims it went well with my eyes. She showed me a way to use the talking points lip pencil to emphasize it. I was sold. A perfect shade for spring and summer.

Recommended for Medium Skin