October 2, 2014 | 1007 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Madere

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by kira1999

Perfect nude lip for fair skinned people. It's a nice pink beige colour and won't give the "concealer lip" look. It is a matte lipstick so make sure your lips are moisturized before you use it. The packaging is beautiful like all NARS products. I love this and will use it often even though it is quite pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 4:08:00 AM More reviews by stephwinter88

This product is fantastic for me as I have very pigmented red lips. It completely covers up my redness and replaces it with a lovely pink creamy nude colour. Usually I use foundation daily to cover my lips, which is extremely drying so this has been a bit of a life saver for me. As it is a matte finish it does show up your dryness so I would recommend getting your lips in shape before using this product. The packaging is very convenient and the product feels creamy and applies easily.

I'm not sure how this would look on someone without much pigment but for anyone with seriously red lips who wants natural looking pale pink lips I would highly recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by RamanB

This lipsticks a hard one, whereas it has everything a matte nude lipstick needs- its long lasting, opaque and creamy. I am still on the fence, it gives me sort of concealer lips it might just be that my skins too dark though. its okay, but I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by LadyKolie

Skin tone: Nc/nw 07-10 or Nars Gobi (currently July)

This is the perfect nude lip for me. So very many Nude lipsticks are just too dark. When I am going for a "No makeup" makeup look my lips are too pink and looks like I am wearing some lips stick. This color tones it down nicely. It is smooth and has wonderful lasting powder. Like most Matte lipsticks it is a little drying, I would suggest a balm.

Has any one else noticed how this is the exact same packaging for Nars Concealer as for Nars Matte lipsticks? I looked at the ingredients list on the packaging and they contained the exact same base (obviously different color choices). I just thought I would mention that. I have to read the labels to see what color I am about to apply when I want to use my nude matte lipstick (Madere) because the shade is only a smidgen peachier than Chantilly concealer. Ha.

So for those of you that are actually even fairer skinned and This color is still too much for you (if that is possible for anyone), try one of the concealer, like Chantilly cause it is a pale pale peachy pink.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a big fan of the nude lip and it's something I usually do everyday. My lips are extremely pigmented and MAC Myth is the only lipstick that's really given me full coverage (Creme d'nude is much too sheer for me).

After Myth this is my second favorite nude lipstick. It is matte, but it isn't as drying as Myth. I usually use NARS Jilted Love lipliner, then Madere, and a dab of Turkish Delight or Lip Fusion Flirt for that perfect nude lip. I'm not a fan of wearing Madere on it's own, unless I have a super moisturizing lip balm under.

I wouldn't recommend Madere to anyone that has pretty nude or light pink lips to start with to avoid that 'dead' look, but it's perfect for girls that have very pigmented lips.

The only problem with Madere is the price point. I usually go through lipsticks like crazy, and Myth is much more reasonable for me. I will definately repurchase Madere as it is something that I will use in my make up stash.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2011 6:42:00 AM More reviews by noddy154

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

not really impressed with this lipstick, which goes against the existing reviews. but it just found it way too pale, it cant be passed off as a nude because it is way too light and im nc20/25. Also it looks like ive just applied concealer on my lips when i wear it especially because it is matte, and i dont mind matte lipsticks, if anything i prefer them. also i think it is extremely overpriced especially for what this lipstick is. However it does look better when applied with some of the nars lipglosses like Nana as part of the same spring 2011 range. I wont be buying this again, if anything ide use this as a base when i need to erase the pigmentation of my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 2:20:00 AM More reviews by furnando

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This lipstick is amazing in more than one way. It is Myth, but with a pale pink tone. It is pigmented and does not feel overly dry! I have to say that at first this color looked a bit boring compared to the other NARS lipsticks, but after trying it, I just loved it. The pink is so soft and pale it looks almost pearly when topped off with gloss. Also, the contrast of color looks pretty with my tan skin, while Myth just washes me out. The slim container, the silky color is just perfect. This is replacing Myth since this tone suits my NC42 tone better. Paired with Turkish Delight, this is marvelous, the prettiest soft pearly pink of the summer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

Oh my Lord. What a beautiful lipstick! In the past I swore off NARS lipsticks, but this really changed my mind. Every time I tried a NARS lipstick, the color looked absolutely horrendous on me - each and every one. I was weary to try this, but thanks to Sephora's generous returns policy, I took the plunge, and I am so happy I did!

I know "matte" might scare a lot of people, but this is totally different than every other formulation of matte lipstick I've tried, and I've tried hundreds. This is like Myth, except without any of the cons (or the total concealer lip). For comparison, on my NC20-25 skin, this looks exactly like a matte version of Hue by MAC, which is my HG. It's just such a delicious nude-pink. It is creamy without being slippery, highly pigmented, matte without being drying, long-wearing, and actually moisturizing. It won't leave your chapped lips really moisturized, but it definitely does have some moisture in it which I can feel when I purse my lips together. It really wears very long and very beautifully, and fades evenly. A little goes a long way, which makes it a great value for $25USD. It does look super skinny in the tube, but it covers a lot of area very easily and quickly, as I have quite large, full lips & really appreciate this. The slim, chic metal tube makes it really easy to carry around as well.

I think this would look beautiful on all skintones. I could see a very pale woman looking stunning, but also a very deep woman looking equally fantastic. I'm really excited to wear this in the summer as I think it will look absolutely killer with a great tan. Also, this looks mind-blowing when layered underneath NARS' Turkish Delight.

Overall, a true winner from NARS.