July 30, 2014 | 1454 users online

Conditioner - Garnier - Pure-Clean

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

Wow, Garnier. I'm honestly just wondering what was going through their heads when they put this out there. Garnier's products are usually amazing, but this is a letdown. Everything that could be wrong about a conditioner is going wrong with this one. Too thin and watery, doesn't detangle or condition, and weighs down your hair, leaving a waxy film. Ugh. Shampoo is great, conditioner is a fail.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Krg67

This came as a sample to Garnier hair color that I purchased. Thank goodness I didn't have to pay for this. Ugh. My hair has been going through major changes due to a recently diagnosed underactive thyroid. My once normal hair is now thin,dry, and fine. I was hoping this would help condition my hair until my thyroid is under control. What a mistake!! This has made my hair a greasy, heavy, and just plain nasty mess. I look like I've dunked my head in a vat of olive oil!! I've had to rewash my hair. Thank goodness I didn't pay extra for this. Not a fan whatsoever!!! Ugh

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by BrizzyB

I like the whole concept it's great, unfortunately this conditioner did absolutely nothing for my long dry hair. Consistency is very thin, almost to liquidity. Not a fan at all. Stay away!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Claims - True or False?
1) No heavy residue: False
2) Lightweight shine: Undetermined
3) Hair is 10x stronger: Undetermined
4) Hair is 4x healthier looking: Undetermined

Packaging:
I'm unsure if the conditioner comes in multiple sizes but I was only able to find the large bottle. It's a soft plastic, the cap sits easily and sturdily on surfaces, and it has an easy-to-use flip top cap. The sides are ridged where your palm would be sitting, which I assume is to help prevent the bottle from slipping; I do not recall this being any more effective than smooth bottles. Overall decent packaging, the only thing I really dislike is that the cap collects a lot of water.

Formula:
Touted as being a clean formula, void of parabens, silicones, and dyes. It is also alcohol-free and contains numerous oils. It has a fairly thin consistency but not watery, so it doesn't slip around everywhere. Doesn't feel oily in my hands. It has a strong (and in my opinion unpleasant) fragrance, perhaps floral but I'm not sure what it's supposed to smell like.

Performance:
I purchased this conditioner to try out as a new cowash/rinseout/leave-in. I think I used it 2-3 times within the same shower, and after that one shower it has been sitting on the ledge unused. The first issue I encountered with the product was that it was difficult to spread through my hair, so I had to use a LOT of product to get my hair covered. Definitely more than I use with other conditioners, even ones of similar thinness. It also feels very very waxy, which may be part of the reason it would not spread through my hair. This waxiness was felt while I worked it through and after rinsing, thus my hair was very coated. It also did not seem to offer much detangling or moisture, and the fragrance was just so undesirable that I actually cringed when using it. Used as a cowash it also did not cleanse very well, as it lacked any lather. I've even used thicker conditioners that provided a lather, so I'm assuming that something in this conditioner prevents those ingredients from having any effect on the hair.

Bang for your Buck:
The bottle I purchased was $10CAD for 750 ml. Overall this isn't that expensive, but considering how much I had to use for one use (and I dont' have very thick hair), the price seems kind of high for what you get. I normally use Tresemme Naturals conditioners which are half the price for almost the same amount of product.

Final Consensus:
This was an impulse buy, and I do wish I had read reviews before buying because it was a pain to remove the residue from my hair. Will be returning to the store, I do not recommend this conditioner for cowashing or for standard use.
* Overall Rating: 1/5
* Price: 1.5/5
* Packaging Quality: 3/5
* Repurchase: No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My hair has gotten more and more picky about conditioners since its gotten really long. I lean towards thick conditioners, including hair masks, every time I wash my hair. I bought this shampoo/conditioner combo to try out and the shampoo wasn't bad. They both smell nice and clean, and of course its nice that they went for the go-green approach. However, this conditioner was thin and greasy feeling. It did not detangle like my regular conditioner, and even after letting it sit on my hair for the duration of my shower, it did not feel soft while rinsing it out and ESPECIALLY not after my hair was dry. I feel like this just sits on the outside of my hair shaft, and does not moisturize. I ended up throwing this away!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by LyricNicole1125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

When my hair was still wet, it felt really soft after using this. But when it dried, my hair looked and felt EXTREMELY greasy. I had to wash my hair a again! This is the worst conditioner EVER.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by pinksexyhair

Whoa! Where are all of these negative reviews coming from?? I am quite pleased with this conditioner, as I am with most other Garnier products I've tried (excellent drugstore brand) my hair = combination. Roots lean towards the oily side and my ends are dry from frequent heat styling and coloring. Obviously my ends need a heavy conditioner that my oily roots wouldn't be able to handle and that's where this conditioner comes in handy. I use the pure clean shampoo, follow up with the pure clean conditioner all over because it doesn't weigh down my roots, rinse it out then slather the garnier triple nutrition conditioner to the ends of my hair and let it sit for the duration of my shower. I get perfect results every time. Not sure how all of these reviewers are ending up with the greasies from this stuff?? This has actually helped alleviate my oily roots. Oh well. Products work differently on everyone. I guess I was just lucky enough to be someone that this worked for. The smell is my favorite!! Crisp green apple. Yummmm!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by sarahvma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Back when I was in my no poo phase, I was endlessly searching for good conditioners without -cones. I picked up the massive bottle of this from Target at a very cheap price, which was good.

And that's where the good ends. When I was using this in conjunction with a shampoo-free routine, I simply assumed the extra grease was a result of the routine itself, or that it was incompatible with the lighter conditioner I was using to wash with. So I put it at the back of my cabinet.

Eventually I went back to shampoo and I have now tried this conditioner with three different shampoos of varying price and quality and it always leaves my hair looking dirty, greasy and gross.

I hate having to throw out this much product, but I can't think of a way to salvage this conditioner. Easily one of the worst I've ever used.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by synthetic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Terrible conditioner. It makes my hair look and feel greasy and unclean. Like others, I thought at first that maybe I just didn't rinse it out carefully enough, or that I used too much...but nope, this conditioner is completely unusable. I hate to waste product, but throwing this in the trash felt so good.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Sarah338

This is not only the worst hair product I have ever purchased, it may be the worst product I have ever purchased in any category, period.

I love conditioner. I go through it faster than anything else in the shower. I have never in my life not finished even the cheapest of conditioners. This product is completely unusable, except sometimes my boyfriend uses it to shave with, because he is weird.

I have straight hair, fine but not thin. This conditioner somehow manages to simultaneously make my ends as crunchy and dry as hay, and my roots so oily that I looked like I hadn't washed that part of my hair for weeks. There is no detangle aspect to this conditioner whatsoever, surprisingly given how godawful greasy it is. At first I thought it was another styling product that had caused it, so I skipped styling products entirely the next day, and still had the same results. Then I thought maybe I was using too much conditioner...nope. Then I thought if I washed it out for a REALLY long time, it would be better. Then I tried avoiding using it on my roots... nothing worked. At the end of 4 days of using it, I was freaking out because I was pretty convinced that I was going to have to cut off 4-5 inches of hair to fix the DAMAGE that this conditioner had caused. My ends were that bad. I have very silky hair normally and am VERY careful to not let my naturally blonde hair look like straw. As soon as I went back to normal conditioner however, my hair was fine again. No more crunchy ends and oily roots.

A month after having it sit lonely and unused in my shower, I foolishly ran out of conditioner and thought that I could make do with this for one day. Big mistake-- actually had handfuls of hair fall out while still in the shower while using this... something that never happens otherwise. It seems to tangle my hair endlessly in the shower and brushing through it after I get out is a nightmare. The sound of my hair tearing out even with careful combing made even my boyfriend cringe.

This product also lacks the really nice fresh scent of most Garnier shampoos. All this being said, I am not anti-Garnier: I generally really enjoy Garnier stuff. It's cheap, it works, I'm not a terribly fussy person.

Please do not buy this product. If I can save even one person from buying this, I have done my job. It's that bad.