April 19, 2014 | 1513 users online

Polishes - Essie - Sand Tropez

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by jilltaylor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a nice, skin toned polish. I hate chipping and wanted to get something so that if it chipped it wouldn't be so obvious. I also saw another girl wearing this shade and it looked gorgeous. I was a bit tentative getting this shade since sheer, light colors tend to streak horribly but I got it at Ulta with a coupon. This did NOT streak! I only need two coats and it looked lovely on my skin tone-I'm pretty pale with pink undertones. I think this would also look great on someone with a dark tan or darker skin tone. I did a base coat and a top coat and got about a week of wear out of it, and I'm pretty rough on my nails. I will definitely use this when I want a polished look without it being dramatic.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by flaca70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is perfect if you like the nude look, just use this with the cover on it... it will have a shining effect. This is perfect if you are not used to red on you hands but prefer a nude look. What I most like of all Essie polishes is the easy way you can apply them with their flat brush (not so sure if you call it like this in English).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Malone27

First off I am a huge fan of Essie it's my favorite brand of polish the quality of this product is excellent. Second I am in love with this shade ''Sand Tropez'' that color is so pretty and it's a color you could wear all year round i've already brought this polish 3 times since discovering it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by DontMakeASound

Sand Tropez is a nude and it is a good nail polish. Honestly it only looks good on certain skin tones. It is a good polish and I'll give it an ok review, but I just don't like it that much on me.

It is sort of thick and if you don't apply it carefully it won't end up looking good. It also looks exactly like it does in the bottle. For me it lasted like 3 1/2 days before it started chipping. Even then it didn't chip too much though.

Even though I think it is not a great nude, I do think it would like nice with some stamping done over it. That's probably what I will end up doing with mine. The only reason why I won't buy it again, is I'm not gonna spend that money on a color I'm not crazy about on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by maddjuicey

I LOVE this color! It's a great neutral.I wouldn't call it "nude", because it has a sort of grey-tan hue. I love wearing it to work and it's even prettier with a matte top-coat. It only takes me 1-2 applications to get it opaque. I find Essie polishes to be thicker/clumpier to apply than OPI so I added a couple drops of polish remover to thin it. I'm light/tan skin tone and it looked great on my nails.

NOTE: The color looks like what's in the bottle. If you don't like the color, then why give a bad review because the color didn't look good on you?

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by bliss6395

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the ugliest color imaginable, at least on me. The shade is a cement-colored disaster. if you are fair-medium with neutral-warm undertones, stay away.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by momof3kidlets

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

No. Just...no. Mannequin hands is pretty accurate...not current ones but the mannequins they used to make in the old days, the ones that were that ashy, grey, cement color. This actually looked disturbing & sickly on me. Definitely not for all skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by vprometaphase

I bought this polish primarily because I love the name, and I kept hearing great things about it. I don't own many nudes because I often opt for bright, showy colours, but I was looking for the perfect, all-purpose nude and Sand Tropez really does deliver.

It was surprisingly thick, which I liked in such a pale shade; it makes it gorgeously opaque. Two coats usually do me fine, and while it seems streaky and gooey at first, it evens out beautifully on the second or third coat, as long as you're careful in applying it evenly. I did encounter a bit of bubbling in the beginning, but waiting a couple minutes in between coats and not applying it too thickly really helps.

I love Essie polishes for their colours and quality, and Sand Tropez looks fantastic and lasts forever with a dose of top coat. It also goes with anything, so it's fun to experiment with different glitter toppers and accent nails. It's a subtle, classy colour that reminds me of clay, and while nudes are pretty good at going with any skin tone, it does look best with fairer skin.

I absolutely love this polish, and if you're looking for the all-around perfect nude, this one should definitely be a contender.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by CarolineElizabeth

I loved this neutral color because I have been trying to stop bite my nails and this color doesn't draw too much attention to my nails. Plus it goes with everything I wear and I love neutral nail polishes. Essie has never let me down!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Chubz

I enjoy this shade a lot! My skin's an NC40 in the summer and would always feel weird trying to wear an extremely pale nude against my olive skin. But with confidence and a hint of beige/gray to it, I can pull it off surprisingly! Lol. I'm glad this dries so quickly. I applied 3 thick coats of this onto my thumb after trying to conceal a smudge, and it dried so fast! Usually with my forever 21 polishes and cheaper brands it would take well over 4 hours! Minus 1 star for bubbling. I bought a brand new bottle and never shook it and I apply thin coats after drying... Still some bubbles.