December 18, 2014 | 1840 users online

Polishes - Essie - Sand Tropez

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Hogwartshonorstudent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my new go to shade. I never thought I would like something so plain (I love bold colors) but this one is lovely and classy for fall.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by ninjadoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my go-to polishes. I keep my nails short, rounded squares and it looks so modern with this on. It's not too light or too dark against my NC20 skin. It's easy to apply. No streaking with easy clean up. It dries fast especially with a fast-dry topcoat. I often put thin gold detailing on top. Love this color. I hope they never discontinue it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by CasualChic

This is so pretty on my NC 25 asian skin. I have trouble getting the right nude/neutral color for me because many reviews are biased towards caucasian light skin tones. but this surprisingly look very good on my skin tone without making my hands dull/dead.

I prefer cool tone colors on my hands esp for summer so this is just perfect nude for me for this season.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Artbum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love Essie formulation, how it never streaks and after it dries it looks flawless (no bubbles, lines, uneveness). Sand Tropez is a unique "nude" - it is a pastel taupe (true beige) that leans more neutral (hint of cool or warm, depending on lighting) - I love it on short, neat squarish shaped nails and it is my go-to color esp. when I'm tired of bright or dark nails. Interestingly, this nail color makes my hands look very elegant and youthful, unlike dark or bright nail colors. I love it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

For me this is another staple if you can't figure out what to wear put on color. I especially like this as a Pedi color. I'm not much for bright toes I prefer, neutrals or french and this is perfect because it will blend with just about any sandal or outfit and I don't need to do a pedi every other day. Essie's lighter colors can be a bit thin and this is no exception. You may have to apply 3 coats to get an opaque color. I do use a good base coat and that helps alot. If you don't like a neutral that is a brown/yellow tone family color steer clear of this one and try one of the pink shades for a cooler tone.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by jilltaylor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a nice, skin toned polish. I hate chipping and wanted to get something so that if it chipped it wouldn't be so obvious. I also saw another girl wearing this shade and it looked gorgeous. I was a bit tentative getting this shade since sheer, light colors tend to streak horribly but I got it at Ulta with a coupon. This did NOT streak! I only need two coats and it looked lovely on my skin tone-I'm pretty pale with pink undertones. I think this would also look great on someone with a dark tan or darker skin tone. I did a base coat and a top coat and got about a week of wear out of it, and I'm pretty rough on my nails. I will definitely use this when I want a polished look without it being dramatic.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by flaca70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is perfect if you like the nude look, just use this with the cover on it... it will have a shining effect. This is perfect if you are not used to red on you hands but prefer a nude look. What I most like of all Essie polishes is the easy way you can apply them with their flat brush (not so sure if you call it like this in English).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Malone27

First off I am a huge fan of Essie it's my favorite brand of polish the quality of this product is excellent. Second I am in love with this shade ''Sand Tropez'' that color is so pretty and it's a color you could wear all year round i've already brought this polish 3 times since discovering it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by maddjuicey

I LOVE this color! It's a great neutral.I wouldn't call it "nude", because it has a sort of grey-tan hue. I love wearing it to work and it's even prettier with a matte top-coat. It only takes me 1-2 applications to get it opaque. I find Essie polishes to be thicker/clumpier to apply than OPI so I added a couple drops of polish remover to thin it. I'm light/tan skin tone and it looked great on my nails.

NOTE: The color looks like what's in the bottle. If you don't like the color, then why give a bad review because the color didn't look good on you?

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by bliss6395

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the ugliest color imaginable, at least on me. The shade is a cement-colored disaster. if you are fair-medium with neutral-warm undertones, stay away.