Essie Sand Tropez

4.1

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I work an an ultra-conservative business setting, and this is my go-to polish. It is a perfect nude/beige/taupe colour that makes my nails look polished and clean. I agree with another reviewer who said it applies streaky, so I always wear two coats which takes care of that problem. I find it wears about average for a nail polish.

While I do find colours fun, this one does the trick when I want to look professional and classy.

on 1/25/2015 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

If possible, I would give this 3 1/2 stars. It's a nice neutral, a taupe that leans more towards beige. Formula is a little streaky, but I got nice coverage in 2 coats. This is a nice look, can work in a professional setting as well as casual. This is a darker shade than other similar polishes I own (Revlon Bare Bones, Sallie Hansen Infinite Natural, Essie Topless and Barefoot, OPI Samoan Sand). It's hard to find the perfect neutral, since skin tone makes all the difference...

on 12/30/2014 9:10:00 AM

I love this shade! And also the formula is really good quality, it applies perfectly and dries smoothly. It makes my hand look so classy, I find it the perfect shade for work.

This is my new go to shade. I never thought I would like something so plain (I love bold colors) but this one is lovely and classy for fall.

on 9/30/2014 12:26:00 AM

This is one of my go-to polishes. I keep my nails short, rounded squares and it looks so modern with this on. It's not too light or too dark against my NC20 skin. It's easy to apply. No streaking with easy clean up. It dries fast especially with a fast-dry topcoat. I often put thin gold detailing on top. Love this color. I hope they never discontinue it.

on 8/11/2014 4:56:00 PM

This is so pretty on my NC 25 asian skin. I have trouble getting the right nude/neutral color for me because many reviews are biased towards caucasian light skin tones. but this surprisingly look very good on my skin tone without making my hands dull/dead.

I prefer cool tone colors on my hands esp for summer so this is just perfect nude for me for this season.

on 7/24/2014 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love Essie formulation, how it never streaks and after it dries it looks flawless (no bubbles, lines, uneveness). Sand Tropez is a unique "nude" - it is a pastel taupe (true beige) that leans more neutral (hint of cool or warm, depending on lighting) - I love it on short, neat squarish shaped nails and it is my go-to color esp. when I'm tired of bright or dark nails. Interestingly, this nail color makes my hands look very elegant and youthful, unlike dark or bright nail colors. I love it!!

on 5/9/2014 3:00:00 PM

For me this is another staple if you can't figure out what to wear put on color. I especially like this as a Pedi color. I'm not much for bright toes I prefer, neutrals or french and this is perfect because it will blend with just about any sandal or outfit and I don't need to do a pedi every other day. Essie's lighter colors can be a bit thin and this is no exception. You may have to apply 3 coats to get an opaque color. I do use a good base coat and that helps alot. If you don't like a neutral that is a brown/yellow tone family color steer clear of this one and try one of the pink shades for a cooler tone.

on 12/22/2013 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was looking for a nice, skin toned polish. I hate chipping and wanted to get something so that if it chipped it wouldn't be so obvious. I also saw another girl wearing this shade and it looked gorgeous. I was a bit tentative getting this shade since sheer, light colors tend to streak horribly but I got it at Ulta with a coupon. This did NOT streak! I only need two coats and it looked lovely on my skin tone-I'm pretty pale with pink undertones. I think this would also look great on someone with a dark tan or darker skin tone. I did a base coat and a top coat and got about a week of wear out of it, and I'm pretty rough on my nails. I will definitely use this when I want a polished look without it being dramatic.

on 12/13/2013 8:51:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

It is perfect if you like the nude look, just use this with the cover on it... it will have a shining effect. This is perfect if you are not used to red on you hands but prefer a nude look. What I most like of all Essie polishes is the easy way you can apply them with their flat brush (not so sure if you call it like this in English).

Top Rated Essie Products