Bobbi Brown EXTRA Repair Foundation

3.9

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%; Homosalate 5%; Oxybenzone 5%; Avobenzone 2%; Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Shea Butter, PEG-4 Diheptanoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit California), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary), Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Pelargonum Graveolens (Geranium) Flower Oil, Angelica Archangelica Seed Oil, Citrus Aurantum Amara (Bitter Orange) Oil, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile), Retinyl Palmitate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Lecithin, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Sorbitan Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Squalane, Ethylhexylglycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Polysorbate 60, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Laurate, Polysorbate 20, Citric Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Geraniol, Citronellol, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

on 4/22/2015 7:27:00 PM

HG foundation absolutely amazing I give it a 10 out of 10 . ...using the new one intensive serum blah blah and its rubbish desperate finish on the skin. .... Please Please bring back this foundation Bobbi Brown company !!!!!! ( its been discontinued)

on 12/13/2014 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Definitely a sheer coverage cream fdtn. I wear a titanium sunscreen (Perricone PhotoPlasma) and LM Radiance primer under it to get more opacity out of it and use BB Concealer in places.
Blends well with fingers and looks like my skin but better.
I wear Warm Sand but this is such a sheer product that shades are forgiving.
Definitely a cold weather/dry skin product - its very moisturizing.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

So, I heard all the hype about this stuff and had to try it. I have oily/combo skin so I know this was not made for my skin type, but I bought it in the winter when my skin tends to be a little dryer. I love it. Nice medium-ish coverage that leaves a beautiful, dewy look. It also helped get rid of any dry patches I had. This is too thick for me to wear during summer due to my skin type, but I miss wearing it! It smells kind of like cold cream (old school) which doesn't bother me but if you're picky about scents you should sniff before buying.

on 3/19/2014 6:44:00 AM

As a makeup artist I am constantly on the look out for great foundations that make it into the kit or even better, my own makeup bag! This is definitely my favorite foundation ever! Reading through some of the comments and reviews I see that so many people are using it wrong! This is a product that contains conditioning oils and Shea butter, so using a damp beauty blender and spritzing with Mac fix plus will not make it work, of course it's going to separate. This product is best applied with fingers, just like the Bobbi brown artists suggest. It is to be treated like skin care (as essentially that's what it is) and rub it in like you would a moisturizer. It's a fantastic anti aging moisturizer with coverage and high SPF. If you have normal skin you could probably skip your regular moisturizer and just use this however If you are really dry then no harm in popping a bit of primer or a light moisturizer on first. This foundation gives a light to medium coverage with a dewy finish. You could at a stretch build beyond medium but I find a concealer works well on any areas of concern still showing through. Wouldn't recommend for an oily skin. Time after time I get comments on how beautiful my skin looks when wearing this.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Hate to rain on the parade...I don't like this at all. It's quite thick and greasy even when my skin is dry, and it doesn't cover very much. If you have generally good skin this might be nice but I'm just going to use this as a moisturizer.
(PS--as a moisturizer, I love it--I love the smell and the balminess and how thick it is!)

EDIT: This works WAY better if you apply with a stippling brush. WAY better. It covers a lot more with a lot less product and when used this way it hasn't made me greasy, just a little dewy. I'll actually use this now instead of letting it take up space in my makeup drawer, but it's still nothing extraordinary and for the price I won't repurchase.

on 3/5/2014 12:20:00 AM

I bought this without knowing much about it and I am so glad I did. I've been using this for three years and it has the best coverage ever. My skin is pretty clear but I do have some redness here and there and I never have to re-apply. I usually wear this and mineral mac powder on top and I find its more than enough and does not feel heavy at all.

on 1/5/2014 3:27:00 PM

I love this foundation & would consider this as my HG foundation. I have tried many foundations (Mac,Laura mercier,Chanel, benefit, most high street brands) and nothing compares to this. It smells amazing. Some people may not like it as it's very lemony but I think it smells divine. Secondly it has SPF 25, not that it's sunny much in Scotland but this is a plus, it's also a moisturiser as well as a foundation & the coverage is full. It makes my face radiant and Dewey and that lasts all day. I apply mines with a real techniques stippling brush and I find it perfect to work with. People complain about the packaging but it's perfect to dip in a stippling brush. You don't need to use much for a full face coverage too. This product is perfect for people with dry skin or people who want a dewey and radiant glow. Since using bobbi brown, I am hesitant to look further. Bobbi brown convert! :)

on 12/29/2013 11:44:00 PM

I really like this foundation. It smells luxurious and applies well - although I agree with other reviewers in that it's not easy to rub in. I find applying it with my fingers small amounts at a time and going back to the jar for more is the best way to go. I also disagree with Bobbi that it's medium-full coverage. Try light to medium. Although, at Nordstrom's I was told this product is being discontinued! So I got a stock from their website as BB only had dark shades available online. When I'm breaking out, I'll use Laura Mercier's new pressed foundation powder to give fuller coverage. The two combined will last all day - and don't clump! When I used bare minerals latest pressed version it caked within an hour. Overall, I plan to stick with this until I run out of the new stock and hope that BB replaces it with something equally awesome and maybe even better?

on 11/7/2013 9:06:00 AM

HG foundation but the packaging is a nightmare and you have to be really careful which brush etc you use to apply. I've tried loads of different brushes and non work as well as my fingers do. I always tell people to not use your fingers but you have to with this foundation to make it work well

on 7/27/2013 10:15:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My absolute FAVORITE foundation! Smells phenomenal and feels like a moisturizer. I have some acne scarring and sun spots and this has great coverage without looking or feeling cakey! My skin looks healthy, dewy and natural all day long. OBSESSED!

Popular Crème Foundations