Calvin Klein Crave for Men

on 3/4/2012 12:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

First blast is sharp alcohol and nasty sweat. Then immediately begins to dry down to tart candy flowers and possibly nuts? Reminds very much of Missoni in the combination of gourmand notes and sweet/tart florals. Very layered, well built, but not my style. I don't get the herbs and spices at all, mostly the candy citrus, possibly the coriander masquerading as florals and that nutty note. Odd, and it never settles. Not offensive, but very very odd.

on 1/1/2012 9:48:00 AM

Sigh...another perfect one. Super citrusy punch and clean musky tones are at the top while it dries down to a more subtle and clean citrus base. The bottle is unique too which I like!

on 5/12/2010 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I loved this so much that after buying it for a string of boyfriends, I finally got a bottle for myself. I'm not a fan of most colognes, but this is just a gorgeous, sexy scent that works on men and women alike. It's fresh, woodsy, citrusy and sweet, with a perfect balance of notes. I love this for situations where I want to smell nice, but not overly feminine.

on 3/4/2009 9:19:00 AM

i hate many men perfumes, as i find them too strong, sharp and cloying, however this one is nice! It's fresh but citrusy rather than aquatic, pleasant, sweet and soft without losing its masculinity. Almost unisex but i wouldn't use it myself, it is perfect for a young and active guy. Packaging sucks, imo.

on 5/12/2006 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Like the design on the bottle! The smell is nice, masculine, strong/heavy and sporty. Last all day for me.

on 4/12/2005 9:28:00 AM

This fragrance was such a winner until I actually smelt it. The bottle is stylish and modern, I like other Calvin Klein fragrances, and the hottie in the ad is to die for! However, the smell itself made me want to gag. It was cloying, sickeningly sticky sweet and very generic. My bottom line would be to avoid this one like the plague unless you want people doing the same to you!

on 3/7/2005 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

very very sexy scent... *drool*

would definately turn heads.. well it did mine :P

I bought this fragance for my fiance...and I can't get enough of it. It smells so good. It makes me want to be all over him. Its great.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

When I was out Christmas shopping last year, I bought this for my fiancee'. He's a very sexy guy and you can NEVER have too many fragrances, right girls? :) I was talking to the clerk at Macys and she highly recommended this saying that it was unusual, but it was one of her husband's favorites as well. I liked it a lot, so I picked some up for him. His signature fragrances are Jean Paul Le Male (which is VERY, VERY blow your mind sexy), and Curve for Men (which is mmmmmm...a whole another story, I LOVE Curve on him) and Dakkar Noir (sp??), the cologne Dale Jr. endorses, which smells amazing as well. He ended up liking it (Crave) a lot and although it smells great on him, it reminds me of an orange orchard...just a little too sweet. Smells nice, but I was kind of surprised how it citrusy it smelled considering how sexy Calvin Klein Contradiction smells. He still has it and wears on occasion, but I probably wouldn't buy it again for him in the future. A little bit goes a LONG way, and I by far perfer the sensual, sexy colognes for him.

on 11/17/2004 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love(d) this scent... I just found out that it's being d/c'd... :(

I have been wearing it for 3-4 years, it's one of the few that don't "turn" on me-- my chemistry does awful things to scents-- they turn too-sweet, or too-flowery, or just plain funky, or they just don't last AT ALL.

Crave for Men (on me) starts out kind of fresh but woodsy, and then mellows out to be very musky, but in a clean way. And I haven't had the experience others have-- it lasts on me, and the scent actually gets so much better-- I put it on this morning, and now it's 4 pm & I still smell great.

I do like for my scent to be barely discernible, though-- for ppl to really -smell- it only when they get close to me. And of course, I like to get a whiff of the scent when I move or something, but not smell it all the time, so maybe my expectations of scents are different that others' are.

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Black Code