April 25, 2014 | 1676 users online

Fragrances - BeneFit Cosmetics - In the Garden of Good and Eva

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by greencatydid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I will but this again and again. If you are sensitive to fragrances like I am and get headaches from 99% of perfumes, you should give this a go. It doesn't give me a headache!!! It's a very light and girly fragrance, and perfect for the summer. It makes you smell nice without it being obvious you put perfume on, which, imo, is totally disgusting and sad. The only thing I would complain about is the price. It's from benefit, so it is bound to be more expensive. It wasn't REALLY bad, but more than I would like to pay. I got this for free before my prom last year in a raffle, so I didn't have to buy it.
The packaging, however, is sooooo adorable. I've kept the bottle in the little box it comes in because the box is so beautiful.
I would describe the "high notes" and "low notes" of the smell, but I think that is a total load of idiotic nonsense. It's not like someone can actually imagine what it smells like if you say "sensual amber and white juniper berries." If you are reading this review and thinking about buying it, I'm pretty sure you won't just buy it without smelling it first, am I right?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Candace8592

There is something amazing about this scent and I am not sure how to put my finger on it. After smelling this for the first time I had to look up the notes, but realized the notes listed I didn't smell at all. It doesn't change the way I feel about this perfume though. I absolutley adore it.

It smells very clean and refreshing but at the same time makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. If I were to decribe this scent in any way it smeels like if you were in warm clean just out of the dryer sheets in a room full of green plants. That's the only way I can describe this. The scent is also very ADDICTING! One spray and I find myself smelling my clothes over and over again. Something about it makes me happy and lifts my mood! If I didn't know any better I would assume there were phermones in this, it makes me that happy. but alas, there are none.
If I were to smell this one someone I may not even know they were wearing a perfume and may just think their clothes smell nice becuase it isn't a very perfumey smell, if that makes any sense.
I gave the packaging a 3 because while cute, I got the mini bottle which didn't have a sprayer. I had to go out and buy a cheap sprayer from sally's becuase I hate to just dab perfume on.
Other than that though I'd say next time you are in sephora or ulta try this one out. Garden of good and eva is like nothing you have ever smelled before!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm very picky about fragrances, but I really love this scent. I first smelled it in one of the Benefit catalogs when it was released. Then I sprayed it today at Sephora, and it smells amazing. I'm definitely going to purchase this. I saw where Ulta has the Carmella in a mini size for $12. They should sell this in a mini size too. Very feminine light flowery scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 8:09:00 AM More reviews by strawberrycupcake123

I agree with the reviewer below, this is amazing! Bought it today and do not regret it. At first all i smelled was a garden filled with plats and flowers. I was taken aback by it at first, but now im totally hooked! Ive already had comments the first day wearing it. I love the design of the bottle too! It is quite pricey, but if used sparingly is totally worth it. After wearing its floral with a hint of garden and a touch of fruit and maybe vanilla. The perfect feminine fragrance. My fave is Sofia from the CR perfume range, but this might just replace it. New signature scent, here we come! :)

Definitely worth giving a go - try the little samples if in doubt (eeeeebayyyy!)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by ilovelagerfeld

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely DIE for this smell! I sniffed each one at the Mill Valley store and they were all nice except for the Carmella one which is a pukey yucky sugary mess (coming from someone who LOVES sweet smelles like vanille abricot, sephora's creme brulee, lolita lempicka, and flowerbomb.)
ANYWAY! back to Eva :)
This scent is incredible. It's strong, which I love because it makes the bottle WORTH the price when you're good to go ALL DAY with just two spritzes! I honestly wish it came in a diluted body spray/splash just so I could be an idiot and keep it in my car and bombard people with my freshly applied fragrance all day long haha :)
seriously, though, I put it on before work and when I go out at night it still smells (not just on me, but in my personal 3 ft bubble as well, so people who sit near me or hug me are always like "oh my god you smell so good!")
The packaging is cute, too, and the name is fun just like the rest of Benefit's stuff. If/when I run out, I will DEFINITELY buy another bottle :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by mrosen3030

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a nice "green," clean fragrance and is very unique. I like to spray it all over and it smells like I just stepped out of a garden shower, even when I have melted in the Florida heat for hours. The staying power is good .

I am a fan of these types of "green" smelling fragrances and lotions....aaaand they tend to be discontinued. In the Garden of Good and Eva reminds me a lot of basil based products, such as B&BW Citrus Lime Basil (smelled like Irish Spring soap). If you like fragrances such as this, I think this would be a winner for you. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by missty86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I LOVE this fragrance. PERFECT for spring and summer. not too flowery yet kinda fresh. just amazing. i first tried a sample in a magazine and just fell in love with it. bought it the next day at sephora. it comes in a really cute box too!! but defintly this is one of the best scents. got alota compliments too.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by greenclover

This is really nice. Fresh, but feminine. I'd categorize it as a green fragrance but not a dry, harsh type. It's fresh and green and a bit floral and a bit fruity. It also has a nice bit of woodiness and musk in the drydown. Not amazing but it is just really nice - It would be hard to find offense with this one. I tend to gravitate toward fresh green fragrances like this one in spring so I like it. It has a green/gardeny feel. Not bad.