December 20, 2014 | 1547 users online

Lipstick - Sonia Kashuk - Luxury Lip Color in Truffle 03

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by shellbell85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I actually but this lipstick on a whim. I thought that it was going to be the perfect nude. But it turns out to be too brown for my liking. It's a nice lipstck, but just not the " NUDE" that I was lookin for.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My quest for a nude l/s that does not make me look like I smeared concealer on my lips is over. I've been roaming up and down the mall, WalMart, RiteAid, Shopko, etc., etc. All the nudes I came across were too light, too shimmery (even for me, a shimmer lover), too brown, too pink, too coral, too sheer, too flat. IOW, too everything I was not looking for.

My final stop was Target (and I stopped there just because it was on my way home). And that's where I found what I was looking for. Sonia Kashuk's Luxury Lip Color in Truffle 03. Let's see if I can describe it. It's a lovely caramel, with the exact blend of brown, pink, and coral to make lips look natural but better. It's creamy, not shimmery, with good coverage. It's not long-staying, but that does not bother me because I don't mind reapplying (besides, if you want long-staying you have to settle for the drier kind of l/s; we all know that). This color pairs beautifully with my pale skin with yellow undertones. In stark daylight it's a lovely toffee. In artificial light, it's looks a slight bit lighter, but certainly not the concealer kind of light. A great everyday color. On me, it really looks MLBB. Makes my lips look even and gives them enough color to look natural. Plus, the buttery formula keep them soft and moist. It cost me a total of $9 and change, so it's not very expensive.

Being the MU junkie that I am, I'm sure this will not be the last nude l/s I'll buy. Still, I definitely recommend this. I hope it works as well for you girls as it does for me.