September 1, 2014 | 1250 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Complete Manicure Naked Ambition

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a really nice nude wash of color and is perfect for a french tip manicure. It is a sheer polish and takes several coats to build up any real color but it is workable and buildable to a nice peachy pale pink color. It has a really pretty subtle shimmer that is visible on the nail when dry even though it is very subtle. I really like the way this looks on me. It looks fresh and this brings to mind princesses, brides, and regal affairs.This has a nice neutral tone and hint of pinky peach color and a very subtle shimmer. The formula applied easily and flowed well off the brush without pooling or flooding. I have used this several times for manicures as a base and it is a gorgeous polish. It has fine shimmers throughout and they do catch the light although it is a very subtle shimmer and not visible unless you are looking. This is a very elegant and refined color. I am very happy with the color of this polish and the way my mani turned out. This is a classic must have polish.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

In general I like the SH Salon Manicure line. The brush fits my nail bed nicely and allows for easy mess-free application. The shades seem to be hit or miss, though.
Naked Ambition is a milky peachy-nude. It is too fair on my hands (NC-30) to be a true nude, and it looks "off". Though the application is messs-free, it is a nightmare. After four coats it still isn't opaque. It streaks and looks splotchy. It has a shimmer to it that is more apparent in the bottle than on my nails. I can only detect the shimmer in bright light (if I look closely).
For some reason this shade seems to take much longer to dry than other shades I own from the same line, even with SV topcoat.
I think that the color would be better suited for someone that is more fair. I would not re-purchase this shade.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The shade is a very sheer peachy cream with micro shimmer in it. Takes at leasts three coats to look good and is quite streaky.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by hotpa2d

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with the other reviews, about the annoying way it likes to streak..that is, if you are not careful about applying it. But I think if you do a quick, even first coat, let it dry, then apply a second coat the next day, it comes out very nice. This is how I normally apply all my polishes, just so I can be assured of no chipping. This particular color is a perfect shade for me. I like shimmery nude pale pink colors, and this is really quite stunning. Very subtle and classy. It also has a wide, flat brush that if you don't wipe most of the excess off, it drips badly...but if it is too dry, then it goes on streaky. Tricky, but does take a little skill. I would give it 5 stars if it weren't for this. I LOVE the color, and will repurchase for sure.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by edie4711

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with previous reviewers that this is very difficult to apply neatly. 2 tries (and 4 coats on this 2nd try) later and it's still not 100% opaque; I still have patchy areas.

I also couldn't get it to work with Seche Vite top coat--horrible shrinkage, the worst I have ever seen. I guess this is because this product is supposed to be "complete" and therefore basecoat & topcoat are not needed.

Lastly, takes forever to frickin' dry. I am not a novice with np--I know how to apply it so it eventually dries. Not this. Edited to say that I put down 4 coats over 3 hours on Sunday. Woke up to sheet marks on Tuesday. Buffed down the surface and put on 1 coat of Essie mademoiselle Tuesday morning. Spent the day walking on eggshells. Woke up on Wednesday to MORE sheet marks. (loathes this polish)

On the plus side, it's a perfect nude shade for me (NC20-25), which actually annoys me even more as I would really, really like it to work. It ALMOST does. Almost isn't going to cut it.

Expensive, too--almost $8. Repurchase? Hell to the no. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by lilyscar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was hopeful when I purchased this, it's a beautiful very light peachy nude color with a little bit of glitter. I'm looking for a light nude color with some opacity as a go to summer color when I'm in a hurry...this would have fit the bill, except it went on very streaky and was so thick that it wouldn't spread smoothly from nail bed to tip without the color running out. And then when I added more, it just glopped up and got messier and messier with each stroke so that I had to take the whole coat off and start over. It was quite a chore. The bottle is very attractive and I like the rubber ring on the cap. I thought I'd like the wide brush, but it's actually cut really strangely in an uneven oval shape. I think the intent was for it to be like a paintbrush but because it is uneven it defeats the purpose. If it was evenly cut into a wide, oval shape, it would be very cool. Also, the plastic "stick" of the brush is square and so very hard to wipe on the neck of the bottle to avoid drips. I'm glad I saved the receipt. I'll be taking this back to Rite-Aid tomorrow.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by OhsnappitsEm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ughh this is posibly the worst polish ever. I went to Walmart about a week ago and purchased this color since lately ive been into neutral/ nude colors and in the bottle it looked like this would be perfect for my fair skin. Its a very pretty color, a light pale pink with just a hint of glitter. When I got home I put this on. The packaging is just ok I like the classy bottle design and the rubber ban outside the cap but the brush is just too wide for my small nail beds. This polish is impossible to apply nicely its way too streaky and theres no way you can paint of thin layers instead you have to apply thick gloopy layers to avoid streaks and uneveness. The color did look nice on my skin tone but by the next day this was chipping like crazy because of the thick layers.I ended up removing this that night and its even more of a pain to remove. I was very dissapointed in this polish and I wish I still had the receipt.