April 19, 2014 | 1117 users online

Scrubs - Aveeno - Fresh Essentials daily exfoliating scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by caitlinhendrick

I don't have anything bad to say about this product. For me it is great. I use this after I cleanse off my make up. It's a very gentle scrub that makes my skin feel very soft and smooth without irritation. I read a lot about people complaining about it not being abrasive enough and in response to that.. It's a cheap affordable scrub. You get what you pay for. It's a great basic to have but if your looking for spa quality this product is not for you. I have had no break outs or dryness while using this both morning and night.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I bought this scrub a few months ago, looking to replace my Clarins gentle refiner. I've used up the tube now and it really isn't a product that I enjoyed at all. One of the things I look for most in scrub is that is will exfoliate my skin AND cleanse it and this didn't cleanse it at all. The gel that the product was in wash just that- it didn't actually clean. As well, it smelled really strong and I am not a fan of products that have a strong scent to them- they give me a headache. The beads also didn't exfoliate that well either, I could still see peeling skin on my face after I was done using it. Really not a great product, wouldn't recommend.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't even really know what this product is supposed to do - it's not really a scrub so there is no noticeable difference to my skin, it doesn't foam or lather and leaves a slightly filmy surface on my face that requires an actual facial cleanser to remove and it smells very strongly of a fairly nice fruity floral thing (whatever it is supposed to smell like, I don't even know, but I Googled Southernwood and it apparently smells like camphor and doesn't have little round orange bobbily flowers so while the packaging looks pretty, it is not an accurate representation of the ingredients)...
As far as scrubs go, it's very gentle, which is fine for every day use as it is labelled, but I just don't know why you'd need to exfoliate everyday (except that you use up product more quickly, cynical me thinks).
I personally prefer more vigourous exfoliants, so I don't find this to be terribly effective.
The worst thing about it is the texture, it's like thick, grainy snot and it just does not rinse away quickly or easily. It leaves sort of a vaguely gummy residue and doesn't leave my face feeling clean, so I always have to wash again with cleanser, which just seems like a total waste of time and product, condsidering how many other cleansing 2 in 1 scrubs there are out there.
I am perplexed by this stuff, it doesn't really DO anything so I'm glad I got it on special and didn't waste more money on it.
I'll probably hand this onto a friend or something because it actually annoys me how damn useless this product is. I'm glad most eveyone else seems to rate it well and that it seems to work for them but I definitely won't be repurchasing it ever again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by amfe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up for about $10 Canadian, I was looking for an exfoliator that was more natural. And I can say I like it. But I think there's something better out there.
It didn't break me out or do anything out of the ordinary to my skin. The exfoliating bits are nice, small and gentle - which really makes my skin smoother. And the nice part is, is that it doesn't contain soap. And it doesn't strip oils from my skin or make it more oily than it already is.
But its fairly heavily scented, and it doesn't bother me. But I can see it bothering others. It's a lingering smell that you can smell after your shower.
I would buy this again if on sale, or after trying other things that I didn't enjoy as much. But I would recommend it to others as long as they don't mind the strong scent,

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by almost

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this as a sample in one of the Target bags and use it occasionally. My skin feels soft and moisturized after use. It does not break me out and provides a gentle cleanse with only slight foaming (a good thing in a gentle cleanser!). The scent is light and the exfoliating beads are quite subtle unlike some other scrubs.

I find that it can be tricky to use with my Clarisonic since it gets stuck in the brush. It is better when applied with my hands. I am definitely considering repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by lolakissxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Overall I have been using this for 2 and a half weeks, Since using I see a huge change in my skin! It's glowing and showing a much more better side of it. Defintiley makes my skin feel smooth too, I do still get a few breakouts I hope this keeps helping my skin glow and feel nice!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by LLark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have gone through 2 bottles of this cleanser and it took me that long to realize that THIS is the reason my skin has been SO nice. I have combination skin with frequent small breakouts around my chin area and forehead usually. I bought this simply because it was on sale, and previous to using this I had no skin care loyalties at all. I just use whatever I feel I need at the time. After a while I noticed my skin was brighter, clearer and more even looking. It didn't occur to me that it was because of this cleanser because even with high end products, it's rare that something would change my skin THAT noticeably and this was just a cheap cleanser from Target so I didn't even think about it. I ran out and started using something else and my skin went back to how it was before. I saw it on sale again and bought it, and within a week my skin became clear and bright again! I just ordered a 2 pack from Amazon for around $11. I don't know what it is about this cleanser but it works so well for my skin. It has a fragrance, a little on the strong side so if you're sensitive to that this may not be for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by jackiebluu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this free to try in my Target beauty bag and really had no expectations. What a pleasant surprise! I only need a tiny amount (less than a pea) and I exfoliate my face and neck with it in the shower. Since you need so little it was a pretty generous sample and I have had a lot of opportunity to try it. It is wonderful! My face is so soft and feels clean after I use it. The beads are tiny so it never feels rough and scratchy unlike some other products I have tried and ended up using for my feet instead of my face. I will purchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Nionbrack

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love how gentle this is and the beads are small and don't scratch my skin. Really brightens the complexion. I use it when I have dry skin and there is a bit of peeling to smooth out my skin. The downfall is I have to squeeze pretty hard on the bottle to get some out and you need quite a bit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not a bad scrub, the smell is nice, I found I had to rinse well to make sure I had no residue left over but I would buy the skin brightening scub over this one, I preferred the texture to it.