August 2, 2014 | 1228 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Stila - NEW Stila Sheer Color Oil-Free SPF20

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by squiggles37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- great shade range
- sufficient UVA/UVB protection
- fragrance free
- contains antioxidants

Cons:
- incredibly sheer
- oxidizes

Even though the amount of pros outweigh the cons, the two cons listed are super super huge for me. I don't have perfect skin and would like at least light coverage (but always striving for medium), but this tinted moisturizer was so sheer that it basically looked like I had applied nothing to my skin. And it oxidized after application. Wah wah wah.

If you have flawless skin and want sheer coverage to even things out + sunscreen, this product would be perfect for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by scarmica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this tinted moisturizer. I've sampled several over the last few weeks (including Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, Dior, etc) and this one is the winner, for me. I *do* notice a few sparkles in natural outdoor light but it is not Edward Cullen-ish and the coverage and radiance outweigh the slight sparkle factor (which I don't notice indoors where I am most of the day). I use the colour "Tone", which in fact seems *slightly* dark for my skin tone, but it blends out wonderfully and makes my skin radiant. Still need concealer and a dusting of powder (Essence All About Matte is great) but used with primer (Tarte Clean Slate) this lasts a good 10 hours for me (no oily breakthrough!) before it starts to deteriorate. Doesn't settle into fine lines. I really like the "glow" my face has with this. Works very well for me, at least in winter; will see how my oilier summer skin takes to it. I took off a lippie b/c I still find the price offensive, but will purchase another full-size tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by alixnaiq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this product for about 7 years without any change in the formulation, but I switched to Urban Decayís tinted moisturiser (in halo) for a while. I bought this again because the Urban Decay tinted moisturiser sadly isnít available at my local Sephora anymore. When I applied it, I suddenly discovered that it now has glitter! And there was no warning on the package (e.g. labelling it illuminating or something), blech. Itís pretty subtle glitter, but itís veryÖ persistent Ė I found it really hard to get off my fingers, and it can be really obvious on my nose at certain angles. So not the look Iím going for! The nose glitter became less obvious after I blotted my nose a few times. I figured out how to minimise this Ė first I need to use 2 fingers to apply the moisturiser (rather than 3 or 4), make sure it doesnít travel beyond my fingers, then clean my fingers with makeup-removing cleanser afterwards. So much less convenient than the Urban Decay.

This is pretty sheer, but with 2 layers my skin does look more even and clear. I tried wearing it over Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel moisturiser today, and my face felt super oily after a couple of hours, even though Iíd spent the whole day indoors! (Again, Urban Decayís TM didnít have this effect when used with the Neutrogena water gel.) Perhaps this formulation is also more moisturising? I would recommend it to people with dry skin and who donít mind glitter Ė they could probably layer it over a moisturiser without any feeling of greasiness. Perhaps Iíll try this as an illuminator.

Iím really peeved that the glitter-free version of this is no longer available, because the shade I use (tone) is a great match for my skin and the level of coverage suits my needs. So while I plan to use it up, Iíll repurchase the Urban Decay one on ebay (alas, it's discontinued!), which is also a good match colour-wise and has enough coverage for me, and felt much lighter on my skin. Oh and the Urban Decay TM is also paraben-free!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I went to my Sephora to get color matched with their Color IQ...I didn't have a match, so an advisor helped me out and matched me to this tinted moisturizer in shade "fair". It looked like a decent match in the store and I liked the light feel of it on my skin. So I bought it. Once I was outside, I could tell that this shade did not match me...it was too dark. That isn't the product's fault. Overall it is a good product. It was moisturizing without making me oily. It had good coverage for a tinted moisturizer which surprised me. You can build this up to an almost-medium coverage. I don't feel like I'm wearing anything when I wear this either. It's a bit pricey which is the only thing that upsets me about it not being a match. I can kind of get away with it, so I do wear it. But once I've used it up, I'll try to find a better match in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by rebeccarkane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think it might be clogging the pores on my forehead. But I like the texture. Looks orange before you blend it. Provides good coverage and great colour correcting (I'm Irish, so I have naturally reddish skin).

I like it, but I will not repurchase, as I want to try the NARS Tinted Moisturizer next. I will use it up though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Yvie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this tinted moisturizer. I am in my 20's so I do not need a lot of coverage. I love that this product is light, oil free and offers antioxidants plus sun protection. I could do without the subtle glitter but I think that it adds a nice touch. This product gets along with my sensitive skin too. Very convenient too, as I can just throw this on and not have to worry about layering moisturizer and sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by snoozykat

I have been searching high and low for a tinted moisturizer that won't feel like grease on my face but still give me a nice dewy finish. So far this Stila tinted moisturizer has earned higher scores in my book. It was recommended to me by a friend who was a makeup artist for, guess who.. Stila! But she knows me well and was able to help me pick out the right shade. The shade matches me perfectly (light) and at night it looked great, made my skin look radiant. I bought this some time ago but put it away because the few times I tried it, my skin burned. Since then I have been putting Vitamin E oil on my face at night and so my skin seems to be tolerating it a lot better. I hope it lasts during the day at work. So far everything I've tried hasn't lasted beyond 5 hours. Maybe the Stila on will? I'll try it and see.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by sashaloudfeather

I found this to be okay. Perfect for summer and a bare coverage. It has lasted a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am NC15 and was matched with Bare.The MA with Stila was at Sephora and recommended I try this. She also suggested that I mix Perfecting Concealer with it for spots that I need more coverage. It covers up my broken caps without looking cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Lisa527

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have it in bare and light. It's medium coverage, moisturizing, easy to blend, stays all day even after sweating without any darkening!

Neat packaging, great C/P (Got two shades during 50% off. )

Definitely a re-buy!