October 30, 2014 | 1677 users online

Eyeliner - Physicians Formula - Shimmer Strips Gel Creamliner Trio - Blue Eyes Glam Collection

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by rc630

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this for 75% off at CVS. I had never used a gel liner before; I almost always use pencil and I'm not very good with liquid. I found these very easy to use and I would recommend them to anyone wanting to try gel. I have really only used the black, so this review is mostly for that.

The product applied nicely and it was very easy for me to make little winged eye looks. The black appears to have some glitter in it, but this doesn't show up on the eye; it looks plain black. It made a nice, clean line that didn't smudge and lasts all day and all night. My makeup remover wipes take it off easily without too much rubbing. I have also forgotten to take this off after a long night out (or two) and my eyes weren't irritated the next morning.

My only con is that the stacking jars don't line back up for me when I put the caps back on, so I have a bunch of corners sticking out in my makeup bag. I wish they would go into a nice little rectangle again. Oh well. Still a good product and I will continue to use it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Boy, this stuff LASTS. It comes with a deep navy blue, brown, and a black with subtle blue shimmer. Really subtle. The brush works great, but they need to improve the pigment though. It was $11 at CVS, with $7 back in Extra Bucks this week.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by BunnyWabit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The black on this trio is pretty pigmented and the brush it comes with is nice too. the blue is very very light and i had to put 3 layers on to get it to show up (still not the colour in the pot). The silver was ok it isnt the most opaque either and not the most flattering.

All the liners in this trio have shimmer in them and the silver kinda chunky shimmer in the black is the most obvious and i personally dont like it.

i would buy it again as i liked the colours and theyre not bad but there are better, blacker and more opaque colours.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

A pretty good product, the black liner by itself is good enough to justify the price but if you are buying it for the other two colors you might be disappointed.
The blue is just not pigmented enough and isn't as opaque as it should be, in fact you have to apply quite a lot of it for a nice, full line. The application is also not as smooth as I would have wanted, the product seems a bit too dry and crumbly.
The silver is ok, I use it for the inner corners of my eye and it works quite well for that but is a bit too apparent if you use a brush to apply it. It is almost white and very shiny.
The black is the real star of this trio but I have to admit I am not that hard to please when it comes to gel/cream eyeliners. I mostly use Shiseido's but I am very happy with the Essence one as well. This product performs just as well or even better than those two, it has the same soft consistency as the Essence one which I love, the brush just sinks into the product. I think the trio is worth getting just for this color.
I would recommend to anyone who is new to gel eyeliners, the colors are all flattering and easy to use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

CVS has these 75% off right now so I picked these up although I need more gel liner like I need a hole in my head. I tried the black and the silver today and I am pretty happy. I used the black along the lashline and the silver right above it on my upper lash line as well as in the corner of my eyes. I used the silver right below the black on my lower lash line and it looked very pretty. I used a primer and a base on my upper lid. I put this on at 7 am and at 6 pm it still looks good. The whole Glam line is 75% off so I may go back and get more. I just wish that you could separate these. Because they are interlocking it makes it bulky and not travel friendly.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2011 5:47:00 AM More reviews by 777designz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

For some reason the Glam Collection of the Shimmer Strips Gel Liners seem to have texture and pigmentation problems. Like the previous collection I bought the shimmery colors just won't go on smoothly or show much color but the black is flawless.

The silver does not have a lot of color but it does go on evenly. It looks very foily and sparkly. If you want a glittery light silver you will love this.

The medium blue is the problem child of the bunch. I could not get this to make a nice even line. It goes on patchy and won't blend smooth. It seems like when I try to brush it on it skims over my skin and doesn't want to stick. This was the main color I bought this set for because it's hard for me to find a drugstore blue eyeliner that isn't too loud of blue. So disappointed.

The black is described as having silver shimmer. Actually it appears the have multicolor shimmer and I see bits of pink, green, and blue in it. The black has a very creamy texture and just glides on. It makes a perfect line the first time you apply it without any skipping or uneven patches. If you let it dry for a minute and then use a finger or q-tip to go over it, the sparkles become even more apparent. Out of all the Physician's Formula black eyeliners that have shimmer in them, this one has the most visible shimmer. It's too bad this is the best color of the set because black looks pretty harsh on my pale skin.

The only eyeliner in this whole set worth getting is the black. If you're willing to pay $12 just for that then that's up to you. I wouldn't recommend buying this because I think when you buy a set of 3 eyeliners, all of them should be good quality and useable.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by JYCarson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The glam collection for blue eyes comes with a silver, blue, and black eyeliner plus a brush for approx $12.

Silver: Smooth, very opaque, basically chrome for the eyes.

Blue: A very metallic blue, not opaque, not as smooth as the other 2 in the trio.

Black with Silver sparkles: Not as opaque as some other black cream liners but not too bad, can be layered pretty easily. I wish the silver sparkles were a bit more noticeable. Does keep it from being a very flat black though.

Brush: Not the BEST eyeliner brush out there but DEFINITELY better than some of the ones that come with other cream liners (*cough* WnW). It comes clean easy and actually works great as a lip brush!
Staying power: These stay on! Once dry there isn't any smudging or budging! I have rubbed and they stay put. In swatches on my hand they just stay. I soaked my hand in water for a bit, very little smudging, took Ponds and some decent scrubbing to get this off my hand. A good eye makeup remover also does the job.

I love the colors but I don't think they make a blue eye stand out more (I have blue eyes). In general browns and bronzes will make a blue eye stand out more than silver and blue, but even so they are fun liners for a great price! Works out to be about $3 per liner and $3 for the brush. Great buy for a really good cream liner!