August 27, 2014 | 984 users online

Eyeliner - Avon - Glimmersticks Liqui-glide in black

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First impression: It's smaller than I expected. I do appreciate the fact that it is encased in a wrapper, so I know it hasn't been tampered with. I take the cap off to swatch- the entire tip snaps off- mind you, I did not put hard pressure on the tip. So I twist up some more product- it also snaps off. This is supposed to be self sharpening. No, not in my case-stays flat and blunt. I will be returning this. I like other Avon liners I've purchased. This one is just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by BriSchmied

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this from my grandma :) And it runs so smoothly and beautifully :) It runs out fast, but it's still worth it. This can go on the water line, lower lash line, and lash line, and I love that about this eyeliner. I would recommend this completely.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Xomarielaa

This eyeliner was terrible! It doesn't easily glide on and definitely comes of In a matter of minutes. I got the blackest one and it looks grey, if I do use it I have to go over with a different eyeliner.. Definitely not satisfied!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by QuyneKayVi

This eyeliner runs out ridiculously fast! And the price is kinda not worth it unless if on sale.

However, the quality is pretty amazing! Much like high end makeup. It's the smoothest eyeliner that I have ever tried but yet the most defined. Liquid on a stick! How genius! I have this in black plum and it's quite a pretty color, dark and satiny with a few shimmers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great product. It's inky black, goes on smoothly, and stays on. You can smudge it before it "dries" if you like. However, there is so very little PRODUCT that for the price, it's a joke. The lowest I have seen these is 4 for $10, which sounds great til you realize that one of these liners only lasts about 10 days. It's a small fraction of the amount you get in a regular Glimmerstick, so while it's a nicer eyeliner, it's also more costly. Love the look and feel of it, hate that it's not bigger.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Airam07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am an eyeliner hoor and have been looking for the perfect one for ages. The kind that would last or still could be smudged for that everyday skillfully-smudged-liner kind of look. And I found it! It's the Avon Glimmersticks Liqui-glide in black.

Okay so not only does it go on like a DREAM: super-dark and opaque but also the texture is so unique because it's like liquid without the watery/runny-ness to it, sort of like a liquid gel. I can't describe it but it feels cooling when it glides on, the way a liquid might and it dries completely matte!

Oh and for super precision kind of liner, it goes on AMAZING using a liner brush. I would go with a MAC #210 or something along those lines. I actually saw Nic from Pixiwoo use it w/ a brush and that's how I found out about it.

You guys NEED to try it. Just use a primer and let it set, it lasts all day. I am going to buy backups in case it's discontinued. Also, the reviews on MUA for it are completely off. I dont understand, maybe they tried to do precision lining directly from the container? It is retractable but unless you're going smudge it out, you need to probably use a brush to get that perfect liner

Just for the record, I have oily lids so if it lasts on me, it will for sure last on the ones w/ normal to dry lids.

EDIT: I was watching a video TiffanyD did on Youtube mentioning Tarte's Aqua-Gel Eyeliner and upon further research I realized they are the exact same thing except the Avon version is NOT for $18.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by PreyForGod

I would practically call myself a collector when it comes to eyeliner.
I've tried MAC, Sephora, Make Up Forever, Smashbox, Bobbi Brown, NYC, basically a lot of stuff and to be honest I've wasted alotta dough.
My big thing was always smudging. My slightly thicker than usual lower line always smudges after a few hours.

This liner and any liquid liner I've used have been the only ones to last almost all day if not all day, without smudging. And I can't remember how much I paid, but I know I've spent a lot more on things that looked good for a couple hours and then bled or smudged.

I also bought the smokifier by avon, which comes in a package that looks like liquid eyelinerand has a soft tip applicator. I use that on top to set my liner after applying and I'm good for the day :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by snugsmontreal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

pros: smooth, pigmented, twist-up, thin line, good price
cons: difficult to apply/too smooth, little product

this is honestly up there with holy grail eyeliner for me. my sister gave this to me because she couldn't get it to apply smoothly, as it is a very slick wet texture. i must have a more steady hand with this because i never had a problem from day one. it doesn't tug my eye skin, it is good color pay off in one swipe, it does stay sort of "wet" for a while so be careful blinking until it dries. i haven't had any of the problems with the smudging or anything that some other reviewers have complained of. i almost wonder if they changed the formula from the ones the others have reviewed because mine is very black and doesn't smudge at all once it's dry. i love this and will be buying all of the colors when they go on sale.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Last summer, Avon offered Supershock gel eyelilners and they were fabulous- even better than Urban Decay 24/& IMHO. So when these Glimmerstick liqui-glide liners came out, I promptly ordered two different colors, the plum and steel gray. Let me tell you that I actually hate these! They really and truly suck. I actually returned them and I rarely return things. This eyeliner will chunk off as you are applying it to the eye area. The self-sharpening feature is a joke in itself. You cannot make a smooth line with this. It just chunks along like you are drawing with a jumbo children's crayon. Will not lay down a good even coat of color. And does not last at all on my lower lash area. Almost all day on my upper lid area. Good color selection but that is about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by marah1115

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't understand the other reviews. I thought this was an amazing new liner.Comparable to the $20.00 ones my sister bought from tarte
I got mine for 4.99.I got the brown and it is very dark almost black so that is kind of a point of contention for me but I thought it went on smooth,had very good coverage and builability(is that a word?)It never broke for me but I didn't press super hard~I didn't have to it glided on just like silk
Overall very good as long as it doesn't dry out will update if it does!