November 27, 2014 | 1304 users online

Polishes - Butter London - No More Waity Katie

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was so excited to try this polish. The color is amazing in the bottle. On my fingers...it's a grey with hint of lavender. Chips like crazy. I'm rough on my hands, but unless go chipfree for at least 3 days. This didn't make it 1 day. I also do not like the brush...I like OPI's brush.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ugh! Another craptastic Butter London that drew me in with the pretty bottle color and the hype. This is a sheer gray based polish with tiny lavender glitters suspended throughout. The polish is very sheer and I had to layer this over a similar base. This is not a polish that will build to opacity sadly. I used 2 coats over a similar base and it still did not look like the color in the bottle. This is a cool toned color and it does look pretty on the nails. This actually looks great for the holidays as the glitters tend to look frosty and icy in this. It is simply not worth the cost. The brush on this is small and stiff and it does not fan out for application and I feel like I am using cheap kid's play polish with this. The glitters in this reflect a warm red violet light and are pretty but in a gray dirty looking base and the cool silvery reflections take away from the beauty of the warm bits. I really wanted to like this, but I am not impressed. Maybe it will grow on me after I wear it a few days. While it isn't a boring polish, it isn't captivating or really interesting either. I don't find myself looking at my nails in admiration and drooling over the beauty.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by HazyFuzztone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I read reviews on "No More Waity Katie" before buying and was a bit apprehensive, but I loved the color so much I just got it anyways.

The first two times I used this polish, it was a bit sloppy and applied unevenly. It sat in my nail polish collection for a few months before giving it another shot. One day I asked my boyfriend to pick out my nail polish color, and this is the one he picked. I groaned, but figured I'd give it another whirl... and the third time was a charm. I really think it's just getting used to the consistency of the polish. Once you get past that, it's pretty good.

I've read reviews that this polish chips easily, but that hasn't been the case for me. It's not the longest lasting color, but I get about three to four days wear out of it (with ORLY's Bonder as a base coat and ORLY's In a Snap). This polish is quite sheer and will probably require three coats, but I love the color and get so many compliments on the polish that it doesn't bother me. Two layers of top coat makes the roughness of the No More Waity Katie go away and appear smooth and shiny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by cheeky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this color, but understand why some people dislike this polish. it goes on really sheer, but it is a glittery polish, i expected that. it's a gorgeous greige with purple glitter, very pretty and unique. this was my first butter london polish, and it definitely got me compliments. if you can get past the sheer formula (i needed about 3 coats), i'd definitely try this out. it might look pretty over sally hansen's greige gardens.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by girlnextdoor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the colour and the subtle glitter, hate pretty much everything else. As others have said, patchy, gloppy application and chips easily. The fact is, this is a $17 product with a quality that not even wet and wild would put on the shelves. When you pay that much, you kind of expect to not have to resort to "tricks" to make it work in the only function it was created for. I'll be passing butter London up next time.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by kimmiecheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this with a gift certificate and happy I did. I absolutely adore the color, but you do need 3 or more coats, which I don't think you should have to do with a higher end polish. Also, even with my beloved base and top coats used, which make all my other polishes work wonders, this chipped the next day. I have drugstore polishes that are way better than this. I don't own a butter london polish with a cream finish, so I don't know of it's all of the formulas, but for sure, this glittery polish does not work well for me. I will continue to use it, because I adore the color, but only on days where I plan to switch my polish in a few days.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

No More Waity Katie is a unique, glittery mauve-purple with light purple sparkles. This is one glitter shade that could be pulled off in more conservative office environment. The shade is beautiful but the consistency is what disappoints me. It's very thick and goopey. When I applied each coat it either glided on way too sheer and uneven or way too thick and goopey. In total, to achieve opacity, I applied 4 coats to get the finish I wanted. No Waity Katie was my first experience with Butter London and I hope the others are better quality. I am happy I have the shade in my collection since it's such a unique color, but I doubt I'll repurchase. Just can't warrant paying this price point ($14) for this quality. I recently purchased 5 Butter London colors blindly during a sale, so thankfully, I did not pay full price. Overall, I don't recommend unless you feel the shade of the polish outweighs the quality of the polish. I just can't get past the lackluster quality.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

My first BL polish purchase (along with Knackered) and I'm quite disappointed. Online and in the bottle, this looks like a pretty periwinkle blue color with silver sparkle. On the nail, it's a sheer purpley/grey color with purple sparkle. I had to apply 3 coats to get the opacity I wanted, plus it still applyed very patchy on certain nails. I applied my normal topcoat and the glitter still comes through so that the surface of your nails is not smooth.

Chipped after 2 days.

Packaging is also a bust. I had to enlist my DH to open the bottle since the cap was so difficult to remove. I think this one is going back.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by pel2iwinkle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this shade. Yes, it is a little difficult to work with. But to get the shade in the bottle without layering on the glitter, try layering Zoya's Caitlin underneath. I just did it and it looks exactly the same as the finger with just NMWK. Zoya's Caitlin is also a beautiful color. I love it and after watching the royal wedding I just had to get this color. Layering with Caitlin will probably make it easier when I remove it too since there will be less glitter on my nails.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by linzyn87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So the color looked very pretty on the outside but when i applied it on nail for the first coat it looked very sheer and color is uneven. Then when layered on more, it looks like a strange color purple that is more uneven. I would not buy again. I will be sticking to OPI. I feel like nail polish that claim to be higher end don't work as well as OPI or Essie.