October 31, 2014 | 1474 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - VitaSurge Cuticle Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by gc2011

Absolute MIRACLE product for ragged, dry cuticles and winter nails.

As a nail biter and chronic dry, cracked, nasty-looking hands person, I've tried lotions, cuticle oils, you name it to get a hold on my dry cuticles and general yucky nails. I tried this after seeing the reviews, thinking, well maybe this will do a little bit to help -

I cannot believe how wonderful this stuff is - absorbs and moisturizes immediately. I could see a major difference in just one use.

I actually love the packaging. Easy to apply just where you need it and the gel consistency makes it so that you can easily wipe away excess product.

Light citrus scent and no leftover greasiness. I'm going to get one to keep on my desk at work, so there will be no excuse for picking at my nails, and looks like hangnails will be a thing of the past with this.

Highly recommended. WOW!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by annahogan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Walked into CVS on a February day with dry, painful cuticles and went back to my desk, slapped this gel on and seriously in 10 min my cuticles were back to normal. Miracle in a bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 5:56:00 AM More reviews by maneater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the best cuticle product I've ever used, hands down. It does wonders for my sometimes dry, flaky cuticles. It is super absorbent and you can really see the difference in one day. The BEST part is that it's not oily at all!

HOWEVER, the packaging is TERRIBLE. The applicator is hard and plastic, makes application messy. I think this product would be so much better in some kind of a squeezable tube.

For the product size, I also thought this was majorly overpriced, esp for drug store.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 7:05:00 AM More reviews by jwj123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this product. I keep it at work to use during the day and it absorbs very quickly, so no oily fingers. I bought it instead of a cuticle oil as I assumed if it fell over when open, it would not all spill out as fast as an oil would. The "brush" is a little strange as it is not a brush but rather a soft, rubber tip. It does the job but is rather odd which is why I gave it a 3 in packaging. I think I would like a brush better. Does wonders on your cuticles though and is around $6.00. I would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am very glad to have purchased this product. Right now I am using this several times a day and my cuticles are looking so smooth, healthy, and pretty. I cannot stand having rough, raggedy, unkempt cuticles. This product is lightweight but moisturizing. However, it is not waxy, greasy,or heavy. I am using this several times a day and have noticed a difference is only 2 days. The formulation is excellent---it is so neat to see the tiny orange beads burst! I am not sure about the packaging, and I wonder if it would be easier to have this packaged in a squeeze tube. But that is really minor. I will totally repurchase so that I can have one by my bed, on my desk at work, etc. It is great to have such pretty cuticles and only for about $5 or so. I highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Martigras

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the 1st time I've ever needed help with my cuticles, after a summer of daily gardening, even wearing gloves.

I carefully researched and read the ingredients on the various items on the market, finding the majority of them to be all oils of some sort. Jojoba, Vitamin E, Olive Oil, etc. I could soak my cuticles in my own Olive Oil, or even mineral or baby oil at home for a lot less $.

I finally saw this product at Walmart last wk. for only $4.97, deciding to give it a chance.

AND BOY, AM I GLAD I DID!!

This stuff works great. I used it on my nails 2-3x's a day for several days and my cuticles are back to being normal and soft.

I highly recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by srarana23

This is a wonderful cuticle gel that dries very fast and instantly smooths cuticles. If you use this every day for a week your cuticles will probably show signs of improvement. I have problem cuticles that peel all the time, even in the summer, and I feel like this worked very well. The only reason I wouldn't buy this one again is because I feel like I already have a favorite cuticle gel, but this makes it in my top 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by MamaGavone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this along with the blue strength gel while I was looking for products to rehab my nails after wearing acrylics for too long killed them. So far I am really liking this. I use it and the strength gel a few times each day and my cuticles are looking and feeling much better. can't say if my nails are stronger yet as I am still growing out all the acrylic damage. This stuff has a pleasant apricot-like smell. I like the applicator--it is kind of like a lip gloss applicator but after a while, the fuzzy part of the applicator wears off, which is why I only gave 3 on the packaging. I was worried the little beads would be hard to burst but they pop open with no problem & rub into your skin beautifully. Over all, this is good stuff and I will buy it again when it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

[INFO] : This VitaSurge Cuticle Gel by SH, is new for 2011. Packaging says it is a gel with microbeads full of Vitamin E and botanical extracts. It claims to hydrate and restore dry cuticles so they become smooth and healthy. It come with a sponge tip applicator in a clear bottle. Instructions say to apply over cuticle or nail area and reapply as needed. Massage the gel over cuticles with applicator or fingers. The gel is orange and has a very light citrus smell to it.

[VERDICT] : Overall I give this product a 5. During the winter months my cuticles took a beating being so dry and cracked looking from the cold. Lotions and creams were not cutting it for my nails. I came across this at Walmart, on sale for around $5 so I picked it up. Since there wasn't a maximum number of times that you could apply this on your nails I was using it 2 or 3 times a day, in the morning and night. I saw results within days of using this gel. My cuticles really did look softer and smoother. They were also easier to push back when during my manicure. I've had this product for about 4 months now and I don't have to use it daily as my cuticles are not as bad as they were. I do still use it weekly to maintain them. Now that summer is coming, I found that this works as well on the cuticles on your feet. My cuticles there were much worst then on my hands and this gel is really helping them. Though I don't use the applicator to apply them on my toes, I use a cotton swab instead. This gel is a great staple to keep for nail care as for me it worked as a treatment for dry and cracked cuticles and now it acts as a maintainer to keep them soft and healthy. I will repurchase when I run out. Will update on how long this 13.3 ml (0.45 fl oz) bottle lasts.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

This cuticle gel is a new product along with VitaSurge Growth Gel and VitaSurge Strength Gel. This orange gel with dark orange Vitamin E beads, hydrates, conditions, and make cuticles smoother. It feels good on nails when you apply and massage into them. The packaging is a nice glass bottle that has a sponge-like applicator. I have already purchased twice and still like it alot.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No