February 1, 2015 | 952 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neutrogena - Rapid Wrinkle Repair Night Moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2015 9:21:00 PM More reviews by MogulGirl

Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle repair moisturizer felt so good on my skin when I used it and saw results faster then I thought and kept my skin looking more youthful then ever and would urge every woman to use this product and give this product 3 stars...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2015 12:02:00 PM More reviews by ouisa03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to wait until I'd used the whole product, but it's been a week and I think that's enough.

I've tried just about everything for skin care products, from Aveeno to Olay to Guerlain (that's some expensive stuff, right there - effective, but expensive) to Boots No. 7 to Algenist... I'm willing to try anything.
This is, so far, the best product I've found.
I turned 30 recently and right before that I treated myself to some skincare products from Sephora. The Algenist line was a little expensive for my taste but I figured, hey, I'm almost 30 - time to treat yourself, right? Start taking care of this. I also lost about 70 lbs in the past year so the elasticity in my face has diminished somewhat. I'm starting to notice wrinkles that haven't always been there. Age? Possibly. Weight loss? Definitely. Whatever the reason it was unacceptable.
I was less than impressed with my purchase. I'll review those separately on their pages. So for Christmas one of my presents was a Walmart gift card. Yep, Walmart. I searched online for good skin care products with a decent price and found many great reviews for Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair. Retinol is apparently a great thing for aging skin so I figured I'd look into it.
I bought the night cream, day cream with SPF, and the eye cream for less than $60. I didn't get the serum but it's on my list for the next trip.
Now to specifics:
My skin - fair, pretty sensitive, touch of rosacea, beginning to show signs of aging (slight wrinkles around the eyes, smile lines, etc.), not acne prone.
Because my skin is sensitive I was hesitant to try it, but as soon as I got home I cleansed my face and slathered it on collarbone to hairline. Slight tingling, but I read that was to be expected. I took that as a sign it was working.
No extra redness, no sensitivity. I'll use it tomorrow, too.
I've used it now for a week and I can already see a difference. My skin is SO much smoother, I can see the slight lines in my forehead beginning to disappear, and the smile lines aren't as noticeable (I mean, except for when I'm smiling, lol). My skin looks better now than it has in the past five years, I'd be willing to bet.
This morning I used a brown sugar and honey scrub to gently slough off the slight dry patches caused by the Retinol (another side effect I read about and am starting to notice) and once again slathered on the day cream collarbone to hairline and topped it off with an SPF 50 (fair skin - cut me some slack). My skin looks amazing. The scrub did cause some redness, and there was a bit more tingling with I applied the moisturizer, but I had a worse reaction from the St. Ives Apricot Scrub and the rotating brushes you buy for facial cleansing. In 20 minutes the products were all absorbed and redness very much gone away.

My skin stays hydrated throughout the day and my makeup goes on much better. The "flawless face" (after foundation, haha) we're all after is very much possible with these products.

I'm going to go buy the serum ASAP. I'm hoping these products continue to be as effective as they are right now. I'm reviewing the eye cream and night cream separately but I will say I'm just as impressed with them as I am with the day cream. And I LOVE the fact that there's SPF.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by rachelreyn

This stuff is completely amazing! It actually changed my life. I am 22 and was suffering from constant bad breakouts on my forehead and it was driving me nuts! The only way I was able to clear the breakouts was by drying my skin totally and waiting for the breakouts to clear away which would take days-weeks. It was so frustrating because I couldn't moisturize my skin without prolonging the acne. Although this product says its for wrinkles they should market it for acne! Its amazing for smoothing, clearing and making skin SO soft and even!!! Its changed my life. My forehead is literally completely clear now and SO soft! My skin hasn't felt like this since probably 6th grade before I started having issues with acne. I love neutrogena and they did it once again with this amazing product! Definitely recommend this and I will buy it again and again for the rest of my life!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by flappergirl35

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am 46 years old, and have discovered that this cream is awesome. I haven't exactly been kind to my skin over the years, yet I haven't had much in the way of fine lines or wrinkles.

However, I had developed these annoying red patches around my nose, and weird little bumps on my chin which were hard to cover with makeup. I tried exfoliating, and it didn't get rid of them. Finally, I got this wrinkle cream and have been using it every night. Not only have the bumps decreased, but the redness is nearly completely gone.

I am quite pleased with the results, and hope to see more as I continue to use it. I've been only on this cream for around 10 days, and already I can see a difference in the tone, pores and evenness of my skin.

I love the packaging, I only wish it came in a larger size. Five lippies isn't enough!

Edit: I have now tried the serum in this brand, and it is even better for my combination skin! It dries matte on the face, so I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with dry skin. Not oily at all, like the cream. One slight issue is if you don't rub it in on time, it balls up on your face and creates pilling.

It has diminished the few fine lines I had on my chin and around my eyes, and I can definitely see a difference in the texture of my skin. I have been using this product every night now, and have steadily seen an improvement on my face.

I also love the packaging of the serum, as it is a soft tube with a pump at the end. It makes it easy to get every drop out of the bottle without using a Q-Tip.

I do avoid my eyelids, however, because I've noticed a mild reaction. Dryness, flakiness and a bit of itching. Everywhere else is fine, though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2014 7:38:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used this in the past, remember that I really liked it, used it up and then went on to something else. I have been using Paula's Choice 8% AHA since last summer. That did work well as far as brightening up and making my skin tone even. A problem I have is those tiny bumps under my eyes, and down the tops of my cheeks a little. I don't know if it's age, maybe using a heavier eye cream..(I switched up my eye cream several times- no luck- still had the bumps)...I still continued with the Paula's choice, knowing that it would it would eventually get rid of the bumps...used for months and months... nothing... I even started using the Paula's Choice 10% AHA, still no results.
Purchased the Neutrogena at CVS, they had an extra bucks deal. Started using this day and night. It's been about two weeks and guess what? The bumps are all but gone! So if you have that problem, try retinol and not AHA's. I always thought AHA's were the best, but this proves me wrong.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this for a couple of months (along with the Rapid Tone Repair) and I like it a lot! It's relatively expensive at CVS (about $27, I think) but there are usually coupons and CVS has had Buy One, Get One 50% Off sales as well. I've even seen a two-pack at Sam's Club for $29. That makes the price a lot better.

Great packaging - a small opaque glass bottle with a pump dispenser that locks shut with a twist. You can't see when you're running out, but at least the ingredients are safe from light and air.

It's a pretty nice product to use. It spreads nicely and absorbs quickly. I like a treatment/moisturizer combination product because I am LAZY at bedtime. The fragrance is a bit much, and kind of disappointing from Neutrogena. It doesn't bother me, but I don't know why they would add a potential irritant.

My skin has responded very well. Only a little irritation in the beginning around my nostrils, but otherwise it's fine. My pores have shrunk away to little nothings. My skin just looks brighter and tighter and wrinkle-free. I do wish they would tell us what the percentage of retinol is, in this and in the companion products. I have just bought a 2% retinol product from Watts Beauty, which was only $18 for 2 ounces.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by MichelleAmanda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for years and perhaps this why ppl think I'm so young looking.I was carded last month and in the fall as well,which flabbergasts me.So I would have to say this product is fabulous especially if you have oily skin.I wish the jar was bigger and contained more product, hence it would last longer!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Athena2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Admittedly, I am 42 and have only recently started caring about my skin so I don't have a lot of experience with skin care products. I've never had problems with acne, and I was often told that my skin was flawless and that I had invisible pores when I was younger. I was totally clueless about skincare, and I never even bothered to wash my face. After I turned thirty, I would buy skin care products every few years, but after I tried them for a few days they would just sit in my drawer. I now have brown spots and wrinkles around my eyes, so I decided to do something about it. I noticed the Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair at Costco, so I hopped onto MakeupAlley, read some reviews, and thought it seemed like a great deal. Wrong.

I applied it two nights in a row and then stopped. I noticed that it made my face look immediately blotchy and it irritated my skin. However, the biggest problem was the smell. It's very strong. A few weeks later, I did extensive research and decided to place an order from Paula's Choice. I am using a variety of products from the RESIST line and I'm seeing dramatic results.

Last night, I decided that I shouldn't be wasting the Neutrogena moisturizer, so I decided to use it on my hands. The smell was so strong it made my eyes water and I had to wash it off. My husband could smell it from several feet away. I honestly don't know how people can stand to have something that smells like this on their faces. If you have any sensitivity to products with fragrance, avoid this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by NJulia

I have tried many "wrinkle repair" moisturizers out there, from the expensive ones to the drug store ones. This one though, it's amazing. I have been using it for two months now. I have acne on my cheeks and I've been prescribed by my dermatologist to use differin gel at night and trentinoin .1% cream during the day. I use the Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair night moisturizer after I put the differin gel on-about a half hour later. At first, it dried the skin around my eyes, where they were really flaky. I used a heavier moisturizer to combat that around my eyes for a couple of weeks until it didn't do it anymore. After two months of using this product nightly, I have to say I see some serious results. I initially bought it to see if it would help with my acne scars and it did. I had two deep acne scars on my right cheek and discoloration on my left and they aren't there anymore. Also, it seemed to help my parenthesis and this little line by my eyebrow. I'm only 27 and I use sunscreen daily so my wrinkles weren't the focus, it was the deep acne scars and discoloration. You can't even tell I had bad breakouts before. Once I run out of this product, I will be returing to the drug store to get it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by alicea825

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing. It's a silky lotion that literally works overnight with no irritating side effects. Not only have I seen a reduction on those tiny fine lines, but my pores have shrunk and my post acne scarring has faded faster as well. I went through 2 bottles and my skin looked near flawless, when I ran out and went to buy another bottle of course they were out. I decided to give Roc a try and regretted it immediately. Roc left my skin raw, red and peeling with no immediate results. Luckily I was able to order the Neutrogena online and get it overnighted. Now my skin is looking and feeling amazing again. Fantastic product!