September 18, 2014 | 1692 users online

Hair Treatments - Organix - Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy Organix 30 Day Smoothing Treatment

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by dowagerprincess17

Final Update (After 2nd use)
I used it again after 30 days. I used a 450 F flat iron to seal the product in and I think it made all the difference.

Results : I blow dryed and flat ironed my hair after the wash.
1) I did not lose my curl pattern - my hair still had waves in it. It hadn't become completely straight
2) less blow drying and flat iron time
3) my hair looks smooth, shiny and has the "healthy" look to it. It kind of has a nice swing to it - my hair has more movement and it is more fluid.
4) It is holding up well without frizzing up in humidity.

Cons : it has horrible wet dog stench to it after washing, its just horrendous and unbearable.

Final thoughts:
I may purchase this again because you cant go wrong for $15 and I really like this product .
But the effects are not long lasting . I'd rather buy a $50 product whose effect last for 3 months or so. Its a PITA to do this treatment every month.
That being said, I'd recommend this for anyone looking for a smoothing treatment on budget and formaldehyde free . This product is worth its price.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Updat week 2-3

My hair is starting to feel normal already (partly because I got into the pool a few days back - i think the chlorinated water ruined the treatment). The back of my hair is starting to get frizzy, rest of the hair is fine(no frizz). And my hair is getting poofy (1 lippie off for that :( )

My ends are starting to look brassy and fried , they seemed healthy right after the treatment.

All in all - i think you get what you pay for. But do try this product ,its a decent treatment for the price .

Will I buy this again? I dont know. I am gonna try doing this again with a 450 flat iron after 30 days and i'll see if its any better the second time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've always been interested in trying out keratin treatments since I've heard about them. I dont have 300$ to shell out for bkt at salon and decided to do a at home keratin treatment. So, i got this - you know, just to test the waters

What I was looking for : I have a 2b-ish wavy, thick , asian hair. I wanted to cut down my blow drying time. It takes 30-45 minutes and its a PITA trying to tame down the frizzies and also relax my waves.

About the process : Few observations
I did not notice any fumes but the smell is certainly not pleasant. Please do it in a well ventilated area.
Do it when you have time . It is plain torture to just sit for 48 hours with a helmet head and trying to straighten out the kinks.

Results :
My blowdrying time was cut to 15 mins !! I was ecstatic. And it was a breeze to blow dry my hair. I blow dry it with a round brush and its always me sweating, huffing and puffing every mornig. I love this stuff !

Curl pattern - I havent air dryed my hair. But my curl pattern remained the same on wet hair, so I dont think this did anything to straighten my waves. I used a 410 F flat iron to straighten my hair during the process .

Frizz - NADA. I mean this is awesome. I dont know how long this is gonna last but I live in a pretty humid city (60%-70% humidity) and my hair is holding up pretty well

Texture - Now this is what bummed me. I dont know if this is the heat damage (due to obsessively trying to striaghten out the kinks) or me skipping the argan oil (i just used my redken heat protectant) , the texture of my hair seemed a bit rougher than usual. :(

Smell - I did not see any smell post wash. My hair smells like my shampoo ( organix keratin shampoo)

So far, I am impressed and I will update on the longevity of the treatment.The only con so far is the 48 hour wait period with a smelly hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by fredalley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I read all of the reviews (positive and negative) and they were very helpful. I did not expect for my hair to be straight without blow drying and flat ironing. It's not "naturally straight" due to the treatment. It is, however, noticeably easier to blow out and flat iron. The improvement in frizz is HUGE. I've always struggled with frizz, especially in the Summer, and this product is so helpful. I can tell you that if you live at the beach, it might not hold up to beach humidity. The first week after I did the treatment, I was at the beach and my hair stayed relatively frizz free when it wasn't super humid but did frizz up when it was very humid. That's why I didn't give it 5 lippies, but maybe I'm expecting too much! When I got back home (DC suburb), I was thrilled. It's very humid here in the summer and my hair has been looking really good. It's been 3 weeks and it's looking just as good as when I first did the treatment. I do wash my hair every other day for the most part, so maybe that helps with staying power. I'm using sulfate free products - both Organix and also Loreal Oleo Therapy shampoos and conditioners.

Regarding the application: I took the advice of some reviewers and was careful not to oversaturate my hair with the treatment. I applied it as I would a leave-in conditioner. I have armpit length hair (and a lot of it), and I'd say I used half of the treatment. Which is great, because now I have a second application. Can't beat that for a grand total of $15! As to the smell of the treatment, it is not pretty but it's not too terrible. I'd say slightly more than medium stinky ;). I used my Karmin tourmaline flat iron, which goes up to 450 degrees. I would say I did 5 or 6 passes with iron for each section of hair, not 7-10 as the directions specify. Just my preference at the time and it worked out fine. All in all, the entire treatment - from shampoo to finishing flat ironing - took me just over an hour. I've been blowing out and flat ironing my hair for years, so maybe that helped. I was very strict about waiting the 48 hours to shampoo and ended up waiting an extra 10 hours or so (waited till the morning after the 48 hours were up). My hair looked semi-decent after 48 hours but was not presentable by the next morning. It felt great to shampoo it!

All in all, I am very happy with the results of this product. I've recommended it to friends and will use it again! My hair feels and looks great and it's so nice to go out and come back home and my hair still looks good despite the humidity!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by vawhite13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely LOVE this product. To be honest, after reading reviews about the horrible smell, leaving hair greasy and how difficult it is to apply, I almost decided not to use it! But I did pay for it so I decided to try it myself. I am SO glad I did because it is amazing!

I think those that had problems with greasy nasty hair and toxic smell used WAY too much of the straightening product. Also, you have to be sure your hair is towel dried with no dripping. I treated this product as I would a leave in conditioner. I used sparingly (since I knew I wouldn't be washing it out) I made sure I used enough to coat it and of course combed it through really well. I combed it the entire 30 minutes of the leave in time. Then I blow dried it and used the flat iron. No hassle whatsoever. It was super easy to use! Easier than coloring products. Pretty much like a styling product or a leave in conditioner.

FYI
I Hispanic. My hair is dark, long with a bit of wave and a little damaged. I bought it to defrizz and tame it. The fly aways and frizz have just been awful. This product made it look just like the girl on the box. No more friz, no more fly aways, just straight, sleek and gorgeous.

I will definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by pearlescent95

After I moved down South, I immediately began struggling with the humidity and the constant frizzy state of my normally tame hair. I tried a few moisturizing serums and conditioners and nothing tamed the frizz, so I bought this product. However, I was not interested in having straight hair, just frizz-free. I straightened my hair according to the directions, waited a day, and then used a flat-iron on braids and twists in order to regain my waves. After washing my hair around the 40 hour mark and applying an anti-frizz serum, my hair was good to go--wavy, shiny, and frizz-less. However, I do not dye or use heat on my hair, so those who do might have more unruly results.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by joeysgal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I have never been happy with my curls..not since the 90's anyway.
I read the reviews and thought I would still try this..I was really ok with having
waves left..not pin straight. Well, I did this about 4 months ago and my hair is still
a big mess. Of course I want my curls back..no such luck..my hair now looks sort of
like I have a really bad perm...waves here..straight there..and my curls are underneath(obviously missed the underside of my hair when I applied).
I dont know how long it will be until the curls come back..I may have to relayer
and just cut out the damage. I will not recommend nor repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

About two years ago, I finally decided to do something about my unruly, frizz ball hair. After doing extensive research (ie I went online and read a bit), I went to a very fashionable (ie expensive with loud music) salon and got a keratin treatment. To say I loved the results is an understatement. My hair was soft, manageable and I could actually straighten it with my trust Chi in less than 30 minutes! I felt like I solved the riddle of the Sphinx! Well, at least the riddle to my mop of tangled, frizzy curls which is just as noteworthy in my book. Over the next 18 months or so, I found a more reasonably priced salon and got three more treatments.

Cut to today - I'm just starting out at a new job and my finances are those of a pauper. Yes, I have money for food, shelter and the occasional beauty product splurge but my hair looks awful. The frizz is back with a vengeance, it takes 45+ minutes to straighten this mess I jokingly call my hair and the curl comes back within a day because my hair has has decided to show me who is really in charge. I was at my wit's end and then I found out that a few companies have at home keratin treatments. I was hesitant to even try this because I've had terrible experiences with at home kits that take even a small amount of savvy to apply. I decided to take a chance because I honestly couldn't stand looking at my frizzy head any longer.

Included in this kit is a clarifying shampoo, gloves and a ample amount of keratin. You wash your hair, apply the keratin, wait 30 minutes and then flat iron your hair to seal in the keratin. Easy peasy, right? Well, yeah...kind of. I followed the instructions and even went the extra mile to pile my keratin soaked hair into a shower cap because that's what the salon folks did but I didn't exactly get salon results. At the salon, the stylists generally brush on the keratin mixture in very small amounts to very small sections of your hair. It takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r and frankly, I'm just not that patient or adept. I tried to ensure all my hair was coated and I paid special attention to my problem area (the top of my head mainly) and while I felt like I did a decent application job, my hair was still a bit difficult to straighten. It help to eliminate the frizz on my crown that will not budge but the hair near my scalp was still wavy despite several passes from my burning hot Chi. Perhaps my Chi doesn't get hot enough, the keratin isn't strong enough or my application technique sucks but I couldn't duplicate the results I got at the salon no matter how hard I tried.

I also felt like this left my hair feeling filmy and oddly weighed down. It wasn't dried out but it didn't feel super soft or particularly manageable. This filmy feeling left when I was able to wash my hair again but having slightly icky feeling hair for three days was hard to adjust to. I also didn't find that this lasts 30 days. My hair reverted back to its original frizzy state with 15 to 20 days despite the fact that I wash my hair every four days or so.

On the plus side, there's more than enough product in the kit to use this more than once. My hair is past my shoulders and pretty fine but I have oddles of it and I still managed to get my hair pretty well coated and still have enough left for two more uses (your mileage my vary). Overall, I got decent results with this kit. I can't swipe my Chi through my hair on the first go round and get it to straighten and stay straight for days on end like I can when I get this done professionally but it does knock out some of the frizz and makes my hair a bit easier to deal with.

So would I recommend this at home kit instead of going to a salon? No. If you have the money, get the keratin treatment done professionally because it's well worth the time and money and a whole lot easier to pay someone to painstakingly brush your strands with keratin than for you to do it yourself. I would, however, recommend this to anyone who needs to tide them over until they can get to a salon. I think this does help with the frizz factor but it doesn't really do much beyond that. I also think this is reasonably priced considering that most salons charge 100+ for keratin treatments, especially if you can get more than one use out of one kit.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by adeline0611

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this product. i had previously chemically straightened my hair 5 times(yearly once) before using this product, so i needed control over my virgin hair and after reading other reviews, i assumed it wouldn't actually work but give it a try anyway.. i loved the results. My hair is partly wavy but frizzy and this product straightened my hair to natural straightness but not to an extent of chemical treatment. I followed instructions as in the box and washed my hair after 48 hrs. I love the feel of my hair.. the bounce,softness and shine... looks so much more healthier. I would definitely re-buy based on how long the product lasts on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by kurapika168

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I totally agree with other reviewers that this product will not make your hair pin straight. I bought it to tame my frizzy, lifeless, perm-damaged hair. And it worked! I just left it on for 48 hours and wash/conditiong with shampoo and conditioner from the same line. My hair is still wavy but super glossy and shiny and is exactly what I wanted. Sort of like old Hollywood glam wavy hair.. if you know what I'm talking about...
My hair is fairly long (mid-back) and is full. One bottle will last 2 treatments which is a good bargan.
My tip is that always wear gloves and never put on the treatment with bare hands. I forgot to put on gloves on my 2nd try and my hands feel so rough now.
I gave it 4 stars because you need to bear with greasy hair and can't tie it for 48 hours.But overall, it's a great product and I'll continue using it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by LustAngel

I just put this in my hair earlier this morning and so far no problems. The clarifying shampoo is awesome, it smelled so good. I don't know what some other people meant when they said the shampoo had a stringy texture because it was not stringy at all for me. It was kind of thin which wasn't a problem at all because it lathers up really well. After letting my hair dry 80% (which just means it's mostly done drying but slightly damp) I then applied the treatment to 2inch sections of hair. Make sure not to just glob it on otherwise it will be oily it even states not to over saturate hair. After applying I blow dried hair and straightened my hair. My hair looked amazing after straightening it. My hair has never been so sleek after using a flat iron. My sister even commented on my hair and now she wants to try this product. After I see what my hair is like in 48 hours or so I will update this review.

So it has already been 48 hours later and I've washed my hair with Renpure moroccan argan oil shampoo and conditioner and then blow dried my hair. The products okay but like the package says results may vary. My hair is slightly wavy near the ends but otherwise it's decently straight. It was actually easier to comb my hair after getting a shower because I usually have tangles everywhere and my hair is softer and more moisturized. Overall I probably would not buy this again if I wanted my hair to be slick straight. I have about half of this left over. Maybe if I do it again my hair may become straighter. If you do it continually over time hair may remain straighter. Who knows...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by clevegryl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm mixed Asian/black and am transitioning from a relaxer. I have 7 months of new growth, with probably a 3C texture in the crown I just did this treatment tonight. This was the second time I've tried this. The first time, I got the gross greasy hair that a lot of the negative reviewers had. This time, I used way less product. I used a hair dye applicator brush, and made sure the strands were coated, but not over saturated. That is the key!! I blow dried with a comb attachment and then flat ironed at about 410 degrees. My hair is light and airy, feels stronger and silky. I can feel slight product, but I'm not worried about lint getting stuck to my hair! Will update after my Tuesday night wash out.