Got 2 Be Rockin' It Encore Fresh Dry Shampoo

3.3

Isobutane, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Alcohol Denat, Butane, Propane, Parfum (Fragrance)

on 2/25/2015 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My hair looked equally greasy before and after. I noticed absolutely no difference. At first I thought it was my technique but I've tried everything. Short burst, longer burst. coming through, with fingertips, nothing works. On top of that I do a second of a burst and ton of product comes out. Needless to say I'm not repurchasing.

on 2/4/2015 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I want really expecting much to be honest, I got this at Walgreens for 3.99. I ran out of my beloved Batiste, which was 10.99 there and my family is kind of cheap so that was out of the question. so I tried it and it worked but I give it two lippys because if the smell alone. people around me would give me looks I had to drench my hair in perfume but the smell didn't come out till I took a shower. it does an ok job, but I will not bee repurchasing. especially after I saw Batiste at Marshalls for 5.99.

on 1/4/2015 5:28:00 PM

I've tried so many of the dry shampoos. This Got 2 Be was on sale @ Walgreens so figured I'd give it a try since I tend to like this brand.

I REALLY like this dry shampoo! Seems like when you first spray it, it smells like most of the others, and then after a few seconds I detect a citrusy scent which is much nicer/fresher than the typical "chemical" scent in so many of these.

This works great! When you spray, it's a powerful "shot" - just make sure that, as with all dry shampoos, you continuously shake it before each spray. I direct it only to my roots, and it leaves my hair with a wonderful texture + fullness and softness. My favorite dry shampoo and I'll definitely re-purchase!

on 11/17/2014 7:59:00 PM

This is the first dry shampoo I've tried, and I really like it so far. At first, I had doubts about how effective it would be, since I have extremely oily hair, which gets noticeably oily within 24 hrs of me washing it, and my scalp feels itchy by the end of the day. I typically have to wash my hair every day, otherwise I end up feeling very grimy.

However, when I put this dry shampoo on, my hair instantly stopped having that "wet-duck" look, and got some volume back again. It didn't just mask the look of the oiliness, but it also stopped my scalp from itching, and I even feel somewhat close to being refreshed if I use enough and respray at mid-day. Nothing ever replaces a good wash, especially if you have very oily hair, but this is a great product if you want to prevent overdrying your ends, or have one of those mornings where you can't stop snoozing the alarm and have to skip the shower.

Some tips: don't be afraid to reapply if you feel the need to, and just massage onto your scalp very well to avoid the white residues. I find it a bit more effective if I spray it directly on my scalp, rather than on top of my strands. One negative about this is that it does not have the best scent--there's a strong smell of something like eye makeup remover, which is really odd. Overall, I would only use this for emergencies, and not a shampoo replacement.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this on sale and decided to give it a go. it smells pleasant in a pinch, but overwhelming if you spray a lot and especially if you're in an enclosed spaced. This would be a good dry shampoo if you need a quick fix to freshen up your roots (I would say you can get away with not washing your hair for 2 days max) as the effects only last for an hour or so. The major downside is that the consistency is very "snowy" especially on dark hair and it can be worsened if you have flakes. It also leaves a residue on your brush after you brush it out. Do I regret purchasing? No, as it was on sale and it worked when it needed to. Would I purchase again? Nope, I am sure there are better dry shampoos out there.

on 5/20/2014 11:51:00 AM

Tried this dry shampoo for the first time today and I LOVE how it works! There's literally one minor thing to complain about (which really is minor) and that's the smell... Don't get me wrong, it smells nice and fresh and citrus-y but the scent is very strong and I had to open my window afterwards. Kinda left the smell like when you spray a bunch of deodorant in your room, ugh. However, the smell settles after just a couple of mins and is completely gone after 15 mins or so, really not a big deal! The packaging is easy to handle and the product works AMAZINGLY! I tend to get greasy hair the day after I wash my hair so I need a dry shampoo and this is definitely a superb product. Soakes up ALL the oil, lasts ALL day and is not visible at all. The white residue, which all dry shampoos have, takes a bit of time to brush into your hair but it works really well and will be a lifesaver in the morning! The price is extremely affordable, especially when on sale, the regular price is pretty much like any other dry shampoo.

All in all, this product is definitely worth every penny and works flawlessly. Guys, I don't even know why some of you are waiting to buy this product. GO AHEAD, it definitely has my approval! ;)

on 2/25/2014 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm super surprised at the amount of negative reviews on this one! This is the tops on my dry shampoo list so far and I've tried a lot! I love Dry Shampoo and depend on it as I usually only wash my hair twice a week. I cannot imagine doing the whole wash, condition and blow dry and then style via straightening or curling every day or even every other day!) It has saved me so much time and is a great way to get a volume boost.

My hair texture is fine and it has been dyed blonde although I'm growing out my dark blonde roots. My scalp gets oily. So far I have tried:

#1. TRESemme FreshStart Dry Shampoo, For Oily/Straight to Normal Hair (Ok for volume but leaves a thick yucky, film) It uses Corn Starch, Aluminum Starch and also Kaolin (Clay)

#2. Batiste (Big Meh here, it's seems like it is just scented Talc so it doesn't really do a good job absorbing past next day hair and the can always goes super fast for me!); *EDIT* Turns out is is made with Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch (also found in my fave Fekkai one, and also in Got2Be's, but for some reason --maybe it's the amount they used or other ingredients I'm just not that impressed with the performance!

#3. Big Sexy Hair Volumizing (Pretty good at both oil absorbing and GREAT at volumizing but expensive so thumbs down for that!), Described as a : mineral and clay-based dry shampoo. I think it uses Zeolite for absorption. It tends to leave a heavier film of product.

#4. Oscar Blandi Pronto(One of the most over-rated dry shampoos out there, nothing special about how it works, the only nice thing is that it is invisible),

#5. Oscar Blandi Pronto Volumizing (this does NOTHING to volumize and is even worse than the original) Made with Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate and Hydrolyzed Rice Protein. Again, only nice thing is that it is invisible.

#6. GOSH (this one is heavily perfumey-powdery scented and to be honest I don't mind the scent and it does a fair job but it does come out very white so those with darker hair may have a problem with it). It uses Salanum Tuberosum (Potato) Starch for absorbing properties.

#7. Frederic Fekkai Au Natural (This one is awesome despite the awful, mediciney smell reminiscent of a hospital, as it really allows you to go SEVERAL days without washing and rubbing it through the scalp adds lots of volume. The Con with this other than the fact it's been discontinued is that it is more inconvenient to apply as it is a powder you shake out of a nozzle which makes it less convenient than a regular aerosol spray. It uses Oryza Sativa (Rice starch) Kaolin (clay) Hectorite (clay) and also Modified Corn Starch for absorbing. This must be the best, winning combo and others need to follow suit!

#8. Not Your Mother's Clean Freak refreshing (This one is ok, lightly scented and it is fairly invisible so it'll be a good one for any hair colour, however it will only work for next day hair. Don't even think of trying it for the next day after as it just doesn't cut it for adding any volume and absorbing much oil past whatever it did on that first application). Strangely enough after looking up the ingredients and seeing that it uses: Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate for the absorption, not I know why I disliked it as much as I did the "Not Your Mother's Clean Freak one that also uses the same ingredient. Ha!

#9. Pantene Dry shampoo - is just ok. It uses Tapioca Starch to absorb oil and is decent. I don't find a super light film so as long as you massage it after application and don't apply too close to scalp you won't see any white film showing.

#10. Garnier Fructis - Volume Extend Instant Bodifier Dry Shampoo - has a great scent and also uses Aluminum Starch so it is pretty good providing a bit of volume and a bit of oil control.

#11 Herbal Essences - both the "Colour Me Happy - Instant Clean in Luscious Rose Scent" and the "Herbal Essences Naked" dry shampoos were adequate in performance and both have a nice scent, although the Rose does not smell like rose and the scent in the Naked on is better. Both use Tapioca Starch for the oil control which seems to be a trend in all the recent dry shampoos I've tried.

#12. Pantene Root Reboot Dry Shampoo - uses Tapioca Starch and smells more like a fragranced hairspray than others do, so it's that perfumey-shampoo scent with a little bit of that beachy Jennifer Aniston's perfume scent thrown in. Effectiveness at oil control and increasing volume is mediocre at best so much better for next day hair usage and if you'll want to add in another day, you'll really have to load up the product the following day.

#13 -John Frieda - Luxurious Volume Volume Refresh Dry Shampoo - This one is fairly good at adding volume and on oil control. It smells like an "Aquatic hairspray" type of scent so doesn't seem to be too strong. It uses Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch for absorption, like many of the good ones do :) Only con is that is usually $12-$15 regular price so the cheapest I can get it is when it is on sale for maybe $7.99. So guess what? Got 2 Be still wins based on value!

The Got 2 Be Rockin' It Encore Fresh tops these based on price (easy to get this super cheap for $3.99 or $5.99 when it's on sale!), and the fact it does a really good job at oil absorbing and adding decent volume (for the price). It uses Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch for absorption.
Yes, it is strongly scented but I don't mind the scent so I won't knock it for that. Got 2 Be is also the lower-end brand of Schwarzkopf a high-end brand of hair care so they know what they're doing with products.

I have also just recently purchased the DOVE and Aveeno Pure Renewal, and now so in case I am amazed at any of those and feel they will take Got2Be's place, I will update this review. :)

on 1/22/2014 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HORRIBLE!!

When I first tried it I found it okay. It left A LOT of small white sediments which I wasn't happy about. When it used it the second time it did the same. The third time I used it the bottle was empty...?!?! I didn't use very much though and the other dry shampoos I have used last me a couple of weeks!! This one finished within 2 days of using it!! I was so unimpressed and disappointed that there was so little product within the tall bottle. Defiantly not buying this ever again.

on 12/15/2013 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Why the heck am I writing reviews at 1:30 in the morning? IDK. I'm on my second bottle of Got2B and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Bought it at Target. 5 bucks, super cheap. Starts white and at the stroke of a brush it's clear! No oil after use, just gotta give it a good shake first. I've heard good things of Batiste. TRESemme sucks, turned hair white and silver! Thank god I was having a shower that night! (I take showers every other day)

on 11/25/2013 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this 6 weeks ago and I love it! The first time I used it I had woken up late with no time to shower or wash my greasy 3rd day hair. So I sprayed this all over my roots, tousled my hair, and gently brushed through. And just like that I had 1st day hair again. This stuff soaks up oil like crazy and leaves my hair so soft and full of body. Since then I have used it in other ways too. One morning I put too much coconut oil in my hair. What a mess. So I sprayed on some "Rockin It" Dry Shampoo. Problem solved. I've also used it as a root lifter and volumizer while blow drying which totally eliminates the need for mousse. And the scent is awesome too....like lemon verbena and fresh-cut roses I think. This product easily gets 5 lippies. It's easy to use, effective, versatile, low cost, and has a great scent.

TIPS: If the nozzle gets clogged hold it under hot running water for a few seconds and wipe off. There will be a little powder residue during application so do not use while standing over the computer keyboard like I did. If you still have powder remaining after applying and brushing through you have used too much product. Don't worry, just dampen the powdery areas with a little spritz of water and proceed with styling.

I read some of the reviews after I wrote this and I was shocked at the low ratings. I do have to say that this is only the 3rd dry shampoo I have ever used so I don't have a lot to compare this to. The only others I used were Tresemme Fresh Start and Studio Grafix Invisible Dry. The Tresemme was very tacky-feeling on my scalp and the scent was too overpowering. I found the Studio Grafix to be totally ineffective. It did nothing to improve my oily roots on 2nd day hair.