April 16, 2014 | 2017 users online

Dry Shampoo - Got 2 Be - Rockin' It Encore Fresh Dry Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by boogiepimp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm super surprised at the amount of negative reviews on this one! This is the tops on my dry shampoo list so far and I've tried a lot! I love Dry Shampoo and depend on it as I usually only wash my hair twice a week. I cannot imagine doing the whole wash, condition and blow dry and then style via straightening or curling every day or even every other day!) It has saved me so much time and is a great way to get a volume boost.

My hair texture is fine and it has been dyed blonde although I'm growing out my dark blonde roots. My scalp gets oily. So far I have tried:
#1. Tresemme For Oily (Ok, for volume but leaves a thick yucky, film);
#2. Batiste (Big Meh here, it's really just scented Talc so it doesn't really do a good job absorbing past next day hair and the can always goes super fast for me!);
#3. Big Sexy Hair Volimizing (Pretty good at both oil absorbing and GREAT at volumizing but expensive so thumbs down for that!),
#4. Oscar Blandi Pronto(One of the most over-rated dry shampoos out there, nothing special about how it works, the only nice thing is that it is invisible),
#5. Oscar Blandi Pronto Volumizing (this does NOTHING to volumize and is even worse than the original),
#6. GOSH (this one is heavily perfumey-powdery scented and to be honest I don't mind the scent and it does a fair job but it does come out very white so those with darker hair may have a problem with it)
#7. Frederic Fekkai Au Natural (This one is awesome despite the awful, mediciney smell reminiscent of a hospital, as it really allows you to go SEVERAL days without washing and rubbing it through the scalp adds lots of volume. The Con with this other than the fact it's been discontinued is that it is more inconvenient to apply as it is a powder you shake out of a nozzle which makes it less convenient than a regular aerosol spray.
#8. Not Your Mother's Clean Freak refreshing (This one is ok, lightly scented and it is fairly invisible so it'll be a good one for any hair colour, however it will only work for next day hair. Don't even think of trying it for the next day after as it just doesn't cut it for adding any volume and absorbing much oil past whatever it did on that first applicaton).

The Got 2 Be Rockin' It Encore Fresh tops these based on price (easy to get this super cheap for $3.99 or $5.99 when it's on sale!), and the fact it does a really good job at oil absorbing and adding decent volume (for the price). Yes, it is strongly scented but I don't mind the scent so I won't knock it for that. Got 2 Be is also the lower-end brand of Schwarzkopf a high-end brand of hair care so they know what they're doing with products.

I have also just recently purchased the DOVE, Aveeno Pure Renewal, and now the New Pantene dry shampoos so in case I am amazed at any of those and feel they will take Got2Be's place, I will update this review. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Simmers123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HORRIBLE!!

When I first tried it I found it okay. It left A LOT of small white sediments which I wasn't happy about. When it used it the second time it did the same. The third time I used it the bottle was empty...?!?! I didn't use very much though and the other dry shampoos I have used last me a couple of weeks!! This one finished within 2 days of using it!! I was so unimpressed and disappointed that there was so little product within the tall bottle. Defiantly not buying this ever again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by hallycat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Why the heck am I writing reviews at 1:30 in the morning? IDK. I'm on my second bottle of Got2B and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Bought it at Target. 5 bucks, super cheap. Starts white and at the stroke of a brush it's clear! No oil after use, just gotta give it a good shake first. I've heard good things of Batiste. TRESemme sucks, turned hair white and silver! Thank god I was having a shower that night! (I take showers every other day)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by JenellaG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this 6 weeks ago and I love it! The first time I used it I had woken up late with no time to shower or wash my greasy 3rd day hair. So I sprayed this all over my roots, tousled my hair, and gently brushed through. And just like that I had 1st day hair again. This stuff soaks up oil like crazy and leaves my hair so soft and full of body. Since then I have used it in other ways too. One morning I put too much coconut oil in my hair. What a mess. So I sprayed on some "Rockin It" Dry Shampoo. Problem solved. I've also used it as a root lifter and volumizer while blow drying which totally eliminates the need for mousse. And the scent is awesome too....like lemon verbena and fresh-cut roses I think. This product easily gets 5 lippies. It's easy to use, effective, versatile, low cost, and has a great scent.

TIPS: If the nozzle gets clogged hold it under hot running water for a few seconds and wipe off. There will be a little powder residue during application so do not use while standing over the computer keyboard like I did. If you still have powder remaining after applying and brushing through you have used too much product. Don't worry, just dampen the powdery areas with a little spritz of water and proceed with styling.

I read some of the reviews after I wrote this and I was shocked at the low ratings. I do have to say that this is only the 3rd dry shampoo I have ever used so I don't have a lot to compare this to. The only others I used were Tresemme Fresh Start and Studio Grafix Invisible Dry. The Tresemme was very tacky-feeling on my scalp and the scent was too overpowering. I found the Studio Grafix to be totally ineffective. It did nothing to improve my oily roots on 2nd day hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Mimichat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok. This is not the worst dry shampoo I tried in term of efficacy. But the smell... The smell of it is simply disgusting. It anchor in your nose and never fades. Oh my! Just remembering it makes me not so well. On another hand, it kinda do the job, but I tried a bunch of way more satisfying dry shampoos! It also leaves your hair full of "sediments" because it is really heavy and way too white to be ignored. Anyway, trust me, as some others reviewers noticed, just for the smell, it is not worth to buy. I really don't recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by sentientglittercloud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This works pretty well as a dry shampoo. It takes care of the slightly greasy feel at the roots and adds a little root volume. Personally, I do not mind the fragrance or the whiteness of the product, both dissipate as I do my brush through after applying the product. I would repurchase, if needed. My plan is with my next can to try a different brand because I have only tried two. However, I would repurchase this if I don't find anything surpasses it, per se. It works. Absorbs the greasies on a day 2 or 3 after shampoo and gives volume.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

Sometimes I buy products on impluse without checking the reviews and I need to stop doing that! It was no surprise to me that this has a 3.3 rating. I can tell you this, this goes on the top 10 list for worst beauty products ever purchased in my life. In order to make this list, a product must suck in every single possible category. Reasons why you should never buy this. I don't know why I'm saying this review in my head with a Robert De Niro voice but I am.
1. Smell: You know what this reminds me of? You know? I'll tell you! It reminds me of that carpet sprinkle **** from the 80s. You know, that smelly *** fake floral scented white powder you sprinkle on your carpets and vaccum it up. Yeah, that stuff and it smells so awful that I had to immediatley wash my hair. Well, that got my lazy butt to finally wash my hair. This is the anti-dry shampoo because it skinks so bad that you can't wait to scrub the hell out of this in the shower.
2. Application: Fire extinguisher. Just use the P.A.S.S method as you would putting out a fire. This stuff shoots out of the can in mega speed with balls of white wet powder. It comes out heavy, uneven, wet and white.
3. Performance: Prior to using this, my scalp was mildly oily at the roots. After using this, my scalp was saturated, smelly and white. After brushing it all out, it made my hair feel sticky and slimy.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by spinthedeck

The can stopped spraying out actual product about half-way through the can; it still sprayed the strong citrus scent, but no actual powder or whatever it is that absorbs the oil. When it was working, I wasn't really impressed w/the results anyway, I'd say it was just mediocre at absorbing oil. I also found this to be rather difficult to shampoo out, no matter how many times I rinsed/lathered/repeated! Batiste works so much better & the smell isn't as overpowering -- it's a few bucks more, but definitely worth it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Got2B Rocking it encore fresh dry shampoo - It's an ok product that I keep purchasing when away from home again and again because you can find it easily at WalMart for about 5$. I really prefer Batiste but this one it not too bad when you don't have anything else. I find it does not leave my hairs with a really clean feeling like Batiste does, but at least they don't look too greasy.

I like the lemon scent and the packaging but I'll not repurchase unless I really don't find anything else. It's not bad, it's just... meh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by brittbrat118820

I don't understand why this product has such a low rating. This and batisse are the best drugstore dry shampoos in my opinion. This soaks up oil and gives your hair volume. To me it has a citrus scent which I don't mind. Its inexpensive too, I think I paid around $4 or $5. I don't notice any residue on my hair but I do have blonde hair so I'm not sure how this will work on dark hair. I'm definitely going to continue to buy this. It is much better than the dove, suave, tressemme, l'oreal, and garnier dry shampoos that I've tried.