August 2, 2014 | 1637 users online

Cleansers - Biodermal - Cleansing mousse for sensitive skin

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Safin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I could have known that this was not a good option for me, because lately every cleanser that foams is drying out and irritating my skin. This is no exception. There is no fragrance in it and no sulfates, but the score in the cosmeticsdatabase is 5, because of all the PEGs and the Diazolidinyl Urea.

Ingredients: Aqua; Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate; PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate; PEG-4 Rapeseedamide; Methyl Gluceth-20; PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate; Glycerin; Sodium PCA; Urea; Diglycerin; Diazolidinyl Urea; Bisabolol; Zingiber Officinale Root Extract; Ethylexylglycerin; Disodium EDTA; Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein; PCA; Lactic Acid; Allantoin; Sorbitol; Lysine; Sodium Chloride; Phenoxy-ethanol; Citric Acid

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by jootje

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic product. It is the mildest face wash I've come across. I used to think it was impossible to wash my face without it feeling at least a bit tight afterwards, but this so proved me wrong. When I use this my face feels clean, smooth and not tight at all. My face feels very comfortable actually. I could easily skip my moisturizer if it were not for the SPF.
I was a bit hesitant about buying at it first because I always hear that 'foaming' cleansers are harsh, as that's a sign of sulfates. But there are no sulfates in this product at all. I guess it's a different kind of foam, more like a mousse (as indeed the name says). The product is a clear watery substance in the bottle and when you use the pump it comes out as a mousse. It doesn't need to get into contact with water to start foaming. Besides not containing any sulfates it also does not contain any alcohol or perfume. Plus it does contain my favourite skincare ingredient ever: urea.
I use this in the AM.
I must say I don't wear foundation so I am not sure if this would remove it. It does remove most of my eye make-up, but not all.
The packaging is convenient. It's just a regular pump bottle, very easy to use. One pump is exactly enough for one use.
For reference: I have clog-prone combination skin with an oily t-zone and normal cheeks. I would not describe my skin as 'sensitive' (I can use chemical sunscreens and perfume without any problems) but I do believe that every skintype should be treated as gently as possible and I've recently discovered that products for sensitive skin do work best for me. I was afraid that by using such a mild cleanser I would get more impurities, but I did not. My face actually got better. It's less oily as well.
Overall I think this is a great product and I would highly recommend it. I've already repurchased this 6 times and I am sure I will repurchase again when I run out. Yep, this is true HG for me.