Rosewater by Heritage Products

4.7

Vor Mag Water, Hydroessential Rose Oil

on 7/4/2015 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Umm.... How did I forget to review this product? On to my 3'rd bottle now and it has multiple uses. I use this as a leave-in spritzer, smells guud and moisturizes my hair. Mist this on my face during the day and feels soothing. Add a tbl spoon of rose water to any home made face mask. I buy this of Amazon and love it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I find that there's a magic window for optimal hair drying with a blow dryer and if my hair starts to get too dry, I spritz it with this rosewater to extend that window by about 10-20 minutes. If I just use regular tap water for this purpose, my hair ends up looking like garbage. (My tap water is prolly on the hard side and my hair is an uncooperative jerk.)

I don't think there's anything inherently magical about this stuff it just smells really nice, is cheap-ish and isn't tap water. It contains two ingredients ("Vor-mag water", which as far as I'm concerned, is BS mystical unscientific woo in terms of the claims made, and rose oil).

Anyway, great for lazy people with fussy hair who tend to waste time on the Internet writing reviews like this and suddenly find themselves with hair that's gonna be a frizz bomb without some kind of intervention and who have tap water that is problematic for hair stuff. I suspect I could get the same results with distilled water but I'd have to transfer it to a spray bottle (too lazy) and it wouldn't smell like roses and so not as fun.

EDIT 5.20.2015: Rosewater recently went on sale at my local hippie crunchy granola grocery store. My apartment is now strewn about with at least five bottles of the stuff and almost all of them are nearly empty. Apparently I love this stuff, more than I realized. It's weird, because I'm basically completely indifferent when it comes to natural vs. synthetic products; I just really objectively like this stuff even though it doesn't really serve any practical purpose beyond allowing me to widen the optimal window for drying my hair.

EDIT 5.28.2015: Now have about seven bottles or so, all nearly empty. This is the strawberry chapstick version of scented water. Utterly pointless and yet thoroughly addictive. Unlike strawberry chapstick, I think I could bear to do without in a desert island sort of situation. Not 100% sure though. I also have a bottle of the rosewater + glycerin but have proven to be more restrained with that one. I merely only spray it upon my visage in the am. A squirt or two usually suffices.

The utility is at best marginal and you really ought to just put your money in a 401k or something, Recommended only for people who have small sums of money to fritter away.

on 3/19/2015 6:38:00 AM

I brought this to try due to the good review and i like the rose scent a lot. I'm not one who love rose scent so this is something that surprise me. It isn't heavy and it fade away quickly. The pink bottle is cute but the description on the back of the bottle is quite funny yet interesting. After using this and then apply my moisturizer, i find that i am not that oilier than usual. Will repurchase this but i only wish it come in a bigger bottle as i can only get this online.

Update: It causes acne for me. Won't repurchase.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have never used rosewater before this and honestly didn't know much about this. I saw it on drugstore.com and thought hey it's cheaper than the others, let's try it out.

First of all, cute bottle. Simple, but pink and I love me some pink. Looks cute on my vanity! I love the spray, it's fine enough but not walking through fog fine you know? Works well as a refresher or as a 'i don't feel like toning today' toner. I also love it as a body spray. It makes me feel super happy for some reason when I spray it on...nearly each time I go in my room that is--I just love the smell of roses and this is super amazing fresh-cut-roses. Not old lady. So that's probably why.

I think it's a GREAT price. Honestly, I don't mind the weird Psychic connection. I like weird things, so eh. Anyway, I've seen great reviews for the glycerin and other flower waters as well. I'm excited to try those and the other rose scented products they carry.

I really do like how it makes my skin feel--I have an oily t-zone and some oil on my upper cheeks with dry patches here and there and in my eyebrows. This on and off with Avene thermal water does help and makes my makeup set wonderfully.

The amount for the price is super great, just to repeat. I was expecting less for some silly reason even though I got 8 oz. It's so yummy smelling!! Give it a try, really! It's cheap but it feels great and gets the job done and is a nice little thing to add that -feels- luxurious but really isn't. Would be wonderful mixed with witch hazel as a more astringent toner.

I try to write all my reviews the same way I'd like to see reviews, so first off here are my stats:
- 18 years old
- Combination skin, oily t-zone and slightly dry cheeks
- Acne prone, especially to black heads
- Some acne scarring (hyperpigmintation)

This is basically the most perfect toner, make up setter, whatever!

Pros
- Spritz bottle is convenient + the rose colored bottle
- Smells heavenly
- Just two ingredients: rose oil and water!
- If you've applied makeup too cakey, just do one or two spritz and it'll help immensely
- The most universal toner you'll ever experience, I usually spritz this after applying tea tree oil on my face as well as neck and chest, it's cooling and soothing
- If you're hot throughout the day don't hesitate to use this!
- Super cheap

Cons
- Gallon size needed!!

on 4/28/2014 8:39:00 PM

I'm obsessed with this Rose Water!! The spray bottle is so nice to spritz your face throughout the day. I also use this as a daily face toner twice a day after cleansing. It calms my skin instantly, and makes my skin look even and hydrated. I have also started tossing my bottle in a little ice cooler with ice and leaving it in my car to spritz on my face after I finish running. It's so refreshing and the coolness calms my flushed skin down right away. The smell is something I had to get used to. I didn't care for the floral scent at first, but it has grown on me and dissipates quickly. Highly recommend! If anything, using a facial spray is just fun :)

I agree with another reviewer that the connection to Edgar Cayce is offputting. I don't really need my beauty products to be referring me to a psychic from the early 1900s. But, aside from the strange website and hideous packaging, the product itself is lovely! I'm not exactly sure what additional "benefit" vor-mag water actually has, but it does feel nice. The rose scent is pronounced, but not overpowering and fades nicely. I use this as a toning mist for my face. It feels fantastic on bare skin as a prep for serums or moisturizer and works really well if you mist over makeup during the day. I've seen a few other rose mists and they usually have a list of ingredients that includes alcohol and other preservatives, so this two ingredient product is a nice change.

The spray nozzle is one of the best I've found on plastic bottles. It atomizes very evenly and the mist is really fine. A nice feature if you use it like I do over makeup.

Overall, it's a fantastic product for the price.

I am sorry to give this product a negative review, since all 17 reviewers before me were so happy with it!

After reading about its soothing and lightly-moisturizing properties, I was interested to try rosewater as a toner.

My preference would have been to get food-grade rosewater that is meant for cooking, but I couldn't find any at the supermarkets in my area, and the prices of that type of rosewater on Amazon were too high for what what it was.

Therefore, I ended up getting a small spray bottle of this Heritage Rose Water at a health foods store for about $6 -- even though I am dubious about the idea of "Vor-Mag" water, and find the "recommended by Edgar Cayce" notation on the bottle to be off-putting (you can look him up on Wikipedia), which of course is the opposite of the company's intention.

Positives
+The small bottle is a nice size
+The sprayer works well
+The price isn't bad
+The scent is light and pleasant, not too heavy or cloying (as I had feared it might be) - and I'm not a big rose-fragrance person. The scent disappears after about 15 minutes.
+The product is simple, just 2 ingredients, and seems pretty natural and pure
+The spray felt refreshing
+The product did seem to be a little moisturizing in a very light way, which was just what I wanted
+it didn't break me out, in the short time that I used it

Negatives
-I agree with a previous reviewer that the bright pink bottle with so much writing on it is a little unattractive, but that's not a big issue for me
-As I mentioned above, the whole "vor-mag" and "Cayce" thing isn't my cup of tea
-The third day I used it, about the fifth time in total that I had ever used it on my face (I only put it on when my skin was bare and clean), after 30 minutes I began to have a reaction to it. My face felt really hot. After a further 15 minutes of not knowing what was going on (thinking I was coming down with the flu or something), I realized that it might be the rosewater toner and I washed the product off, then put cool-water compresses on my burning skin afterwards. It was a strange feeling - like having a high fever without being internally ill. This lasted for an additional half an hour. I still wasn't sure it was due to the product, because my skin didn't look as red as I would have expected it to.

To make sure that the burning sensation had been due to the product and not a bizarre passing fever, several hours later, after my skin was completely back to normal, I sprayed a little of the product on one area of one cheek, and left it to dry. After 15 minutes, that one area started to feel hot, so I washed it off. I won't use the rosewater anymore.

I do have sensitivities to a number of natural products, foods, pollens, animals' dander, etc., so it would not surprise me if I were also sensitive to rose oil.

---
By the way, if you are interested in seeing more opinions about this and similar rosewater products, many members have reviewed this product under the alternate MUA listing of "Toners - Unlisted Brand - Rosewater" (it has 65 reviews at the moment.)

on 5/22/2013 3:00:00 AM

If asked to list my number 1 beauty 'habit', it would be my mixture of rosewater and liquid aloe. i adore the scent of roses, not to mention how beneficial rosewater is as a mild astringent for skin. You can drink rosewater as well, its tasty. This brand is pricey, about $8 for a spray bottle. So usually I buy Alwadi brand rosewater when i can find it, usually in an Indian or middle Eastern store. That brand is pure, there are other brands in indian shops but beware of the ingredient lists- stay away from any flavorings or unnatural things, they may irritate your skin. Some of them are intended for food use only. The Alwadi is only about $3 for the same size or maybe even a bit larger. I mix rosewater with liquid aloe (george's brand) mainly to save the rosewater since I go through a lot, but also everyone knows how great aloe is for skin. the rosewater scent is still powerful,but not too much so, when mixed with the aloe. I spray this all over my face, let it dry mostly and then use my moisturizer. Often i just spray it wherever I like for the scent. Most perfumes and fake scents give me a headache, so this is often all I'll spray on myself. i do recommend the Heritage brand if you can afford it.

on 4/19/2013 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love love love this so much.
Ive always wanted to try rose water but it was hard to find just rosewater witout other junk in it.
I saw this at a natural grocer and bought it without a doubt.
And its amazing!
My face is almost always pink/red and I have acne scarring.
I think I saw my redness fade a little after just a week of using this product.
I spray it day and night, about 10 spritz each time (quite a lot)
It feels sooo refreshing and smells like heaven.
Im gonna keep purchasing, because I wamt to calm my red face forever

Popular Fragrances