April 19, 2014 | 1792 users online

Fragrances - Rosewater by Heritage Products

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaVerbina

I agree with another reviewer that the connection to Edgar Cayce is offputting. I don't really need my beauty products to be referring me to a psychic from the early 1900s. But, aside from the strange website and hideous packaging, the product itself is lovely! I'm not exactly sure what additional "benefit" vor-mag water actually has, but it does feel nice. The rose scent is pronounced, but not overpowering and fades nicely. I use this as a toning mist for my face. It feels fantastic on bare skin as a prep for serums or moisturizer and works really well if you mist over makeup during the day. I've seen a few other rose mists and they usually have a list of ingredients that includes alcohol and other preservatives, so this two ingredient product is a nice change.

The spray nozzle is one of the best I've found on plastic bottles. It atomizes very evenly and the mist is really fine. A nice feature if you use it like I do over makeup.

Overall, it's a fantastic product for the price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by slidingdoors

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am sorry to give this product a negative review, since all 17 reviewers before me were so happy with it!

After reading about its soothing and lightly-moisturizing properties, I was interested to try rosewater as a toner.

My preference would have been to get food-grade rosewater that is meant for cooking, but I couldn't find any at the supermarkets in my area, and the prices of that type of rosewater on Amazon were too high for what what it was.

Therefore, I ended up getting a small spray bottle of this Heritage Rose Water at a health foods store for about $6 -- even though I am dubious about the idea of "Vor-Mag" water, and find the "recommended by Edgar Cayce" notation on the bottle to be off-putting (you can look him up on Wikipedia), which of course is the opposite of the company's intention.

Positives
+The small bottle is a nice size
+The sprayer works well
+The price isn't bad
+The scent is light and pleasant, not too heavy or cloying (as I had feared it might be) - and I'm not a big rose-fragrance person. The scent disappears after about 15 minutes.
+The product is simple, just 2 ingredients, and seems pretty natural and pure
+The spray felt refreshing
+The product did seem to be a little moisturizing in a very light way, which was just what I wanted
+it didn't break me out, in the short time that I used it

Negatives
-I agree with a previous reviewer that the bright pink bottle with so much writing on it is a little unattractive, but that's not a big issue for me
-As I mentioned above, the whole "vor-mag" and "Cayce" thing isn't my cup of tea
-The third day I used it, about the fifth time in total that I had ever used it on my face (I only put it on when my skin was bare and clean), after 30 minutes I began to have a reaction to it. My face felt really hot. After a further 15 minutes of not knowing what was going on (thinking I was coming down with the flu or something), I realized that it might be the rosewater toner and I washed the product off, then put cool-water compresses on my burning skin afterwards. It was a strange feeling - like having a high fever without being internally ill. This lasted for an additional half an hour. I still wasn't sure it was due to the product, because my skin didn't look as red as I would have expected it to.

To make sure that the burning sensation had been due to the product and not a bizarre passing fever, several hours later, after my skin was completely back to normal, I sprayed a little of the product on one area of one cheek, and left it to dry. After 15 minutes, that one area started to feel hot, so I washed it off. I won't use the rosewater anymore.

I do have sensitivities to a number of natural products, foods, pollens, animals' dander, etc., so it would not surprise me if I were also sensitive to rose oil.

---
By the way, if you are interested in seeing more opinions about this and similar rosewater products, many members have reviewed this product under the alternate MUA listing of "Toners - Unlisted Brand - Rosewater" (it has 65 reviews at the moment.)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Sured20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If asked to list my number 1 beauty 'habit', it would be my mixture of rosewater and liquid aloe. i adore the scent of roses, not to mention how beneficial rosewater is as a mild astringent for skin. You can drink rosewater as well, its tasty. This brand is pricey, about $8 for a spray bottle. So usually I buy Alwadi brand rosewater when i can find it, usually in an Indian or middle Eastern store. That brand is pure, there are other brands in indian shops but beware of the ingredient lists- stay away from any flavorings or unnatural things, they may irritate your skin. Some of them are intended for food use only. The Alwadi is only about $3 for the same size or maybe even a bit larger. I mix rosewater with liquid aloe (george's brand) mainly to save the rosewater since I go through a lot, but also everyone knows how great aloe is for skin. the rosewater scent is still powerful,but not too much so, when mixed with the aloe. I spray this all over my face, let it dry mostly and then use my moisturizer. Often i just spray it wherever I like for the scent. Most perfumes and fake scents give me a headache, so this is often all I'll spray on myself. i do recommend the Heritage brand if you can afford it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by graceeunhyeso

I love love love this so much.
Ive always wanted to try rose water but it was hard to find just rosewater witout other junk in it.
I saw this at a natural grocer and bought it without a doubt.
And its amazing!
My face is almost always pink/red and I have acne scarring.
I think I saw my redness fade a little after just a week of using this product.
I spray it day and night, about 10 spritz each time (quite a lot)
It feels sooo refreshing and smells like heaven.
Im gonna keep purchasing, because I wamt to calm my red face forever

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by SpectrumHeart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This moisturizers and soothes my skin so amazingly! The smell is so hypnotizing, and fresh, it adds a radiance to my skin like nothing else!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by katielouiseoct86

It really helped reduce my redness. It made my complexion more bright. It does wonders to help calm my irritated skin down a notch. This is wonderful for summertime when your face is irritated from being in the hot sunny weather! Oh and the smell is just really lovely - like fresh roses. Ive added this to my everyday skin routine and I don't know what Id do without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first perfume I ever used I woar it since I was 13 and even now I still love it. The scent is hypnotizing and comes off strong yet fresh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely enchanting. I bought it from iherb for a very fair price along with a rose absolute blend, and together they create the most beautiful scent. I use it on my face as a finishing spray after applying my mineral foundation, and it makes my skin look dewy and fresh. It is also a very pure product, so I feel safe spraying this on my skin. The spray itself is also really good, creating an even layer that is just damp enough to tone your face without ruining makeup.

Rose oil is also known as a "multitasker" for women. Not only is the scent calming and alluring at the same time, but it is also an anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory agent that soothes and cleanses the surface of the skin. It is also beneficial for the hormone levels, being good for the reproductive system and for a healthy menstruation cycle. Is it also used to treat insomnia, mood swings, stress and even depression. Pure rose oil is very heady and can cause headaches and even nausea, but this is diluted and so soft that you can use it as much as you like.

Will definitely repurchase, and I'm tempted to try the other versions out there as well. (Jasmine, rose water with glycerine, lavender and orange water). Great quality for such a fair price!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by LizWords

I love this rose water, I've been using it for years. Unlike a lot of common drugstore or indian food store rosewaters, this is certified and 100% pesticide free.

Like other reviewer below, I use it for many different purposes, I use it as a body spray when I want to smell like a rose garden (it smells SO fresh and lovely, but doesn't last long when used as a perfume). I spray it on my face when I'm hot or want to add a bit of moisture to my makeup. I put some in my bathwater for a lovely scent. I use it for as a spot treatment on my face when I have red irritated patches of skin. I put a bit of it into my home made facials. And it is extremely affordable at about 6$ for 8oz at vitacost.com. I usually go through about 1 bottle a year.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product!! It's something that I always have a bottle of somewhere in my room. I use it as a very mild toner, to spritz my face on a hot day, and my favorite use for it lately -- I've been waking up really late in the mornings lately and oftentimes I get my snazzy work outfit on only to find that it is WRINKLE CITY. So I spray this liberally on any wrinkle pieces (while I'm wearing the clothes) and pull down a little bit, and in like 5 minutes the wrinkles are gone! It's really helped my morning routine, especially since I no longer have a clothes steamer D: This brand also makes other variations of this spray -- the lilac one is divine!