October 31, 2014 | 990 users online

Treatments (Eye) - MISSHA - Clearing Gel Eye Patch

rated 5.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by redchinamarker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim after seeing it on display at the cash register for less than $2. Each packet comes with 5 sets of patches. The patches are a thin, flexible, breathable layer of webbed material, with a 2mm layer of gel. The gel is in a very solid form; I would compare it to the material of a gel wristrest. It is a bit wet but not annoyingly so. To apply, just place under your eye with the gel side down. It sticks without using adhesive, even if you're sitting upright.

After I applied this I noticed a mild stinging sensation. I had recently exfoliated so, out of concern for my skin, I removed the patch, slathered on a thick layer of cream, and reapplied it. It re-stuck very easily. By the morning, both the cream and the gel had sunk into my skin, and the patch (now just a piece of webbed material) was still stuck to my skin! I was delighted by the firming and moisturizing effect. I have seriously dark undereye circles and they seemed a bit lighter, probably because my skin was less puffy. Best of all, after removing the strips it seems possible to reuse them with a homemade blend of eyecream or whatever-- to prevent the cream from evaporating.

Note: the instructions say to leave this on for 20-30 minutes. After that amount of time, the gel had not yet completely soaked into my skin (not even close!) So I left it on overnight. However, it might not be smart to use this overnight without the extra layer of cream, since this does contain some irritating or "clearing" ingredients.

Ingredients: