November 24, 2014 | 1971 users online

Moisturizers - Clarins - Vital Light Night Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 8:57:00 AM More reviews by moonbeam36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

As a former Clarins employee for 2 years, I will say that I stopped using Clarins products once I ran out because they are pricey. I have been using drug store products for the last few years, and while my skin has been nice and clear, I am really noticing the first signs of aging. My skin is definitely dehydrated with lots of fine lines showing through now. I received this night cream from a friend who won a gift basket and didn't want the products. This night cream is absolutely wonderful!!!! A little goes a long way ( dime size amount ), and I have been using this in the morning as well, because I don't believe you need a day cream separate from a night cream. My skin is definitely glowing and my fine lines are less noticeable only with 4 days of using this. I use their application method and warm it up in my hands before applying, and press this into my skin while using a little extra for under my eyes. I don't like their packaging because I prefer pumps, however you can use a q-tip if you are concerned with hygienic purposes to scoop the product out. I also never liked the smell of Clarins products as my husband says I smell like his Grandmother and who the heck wants to smell like an old lady? But, their products work so well and always have and I will use this until I run out and then I will definitely buy this product for sure granted that my skin doesn't get any breakouts. I will update this after a month of using to see how things are still going.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by morphy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought a kit which contained the Vital Light night cream, day cream and serum. They are meant to complement each other. I did not really like the day cream as it didn't sit well under makeup. The night cream contains "Palmitoyl glycine" to increase cell turnover, and the serum contains a bleaching agent. I saw a slight imporvement in my skin using this range, especially the night cream for a tiny bit of firming and the serum to lighten the area around my mouth. However, I would probably not buy the night cream again as I need something stronger.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by catlover9_9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For years I've been looking for a night cream that won't make my sensitive (I have rosacea), combination, breakout-prone skin either break out in cystic acne or dry up in creases and lines. This fits the bill. It's light enough to ward off pimples and acne, yet creamy enough to make my face feel wonderfully soft in the morning. To top it all off, it doesn't aggravate the rosacea. I love this. Thank you, Clarins!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Ciciban

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Clarins Multi-Active Night Youth Recovery Comfort Cream for some time but since I was looking for a little more hydration and a day moisturizer with some SPF protection I decided to give Vital Light set a try. Immediately I really liked the way this moisturizes without leaving my skin feeling greasy or mask-like. But, also within a few weeks I noticed my skin becoming more luminous and brighter. The lines on my face are quite minimal but even they seemed to melt away. Even when I don't get enough sleep or work long hours, I still wake up with luminous, healthy and soft skin every morning. This product definitely makes me happy!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by lucyvanp

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Clarins, I hate you.

I go to buy some sunscreen, you give me free gifts.

Of course, the first ones the dealer gives you are always free.

It is the all skins version, not the one for dry skin. It absorbs perfectly. It's lightly scented, enough to seem pleasantly French but not long-lasting. it calms my irritated 40something combination skin, it makes me glow, and I wake up with skin like a baby's butt.

So after a month using the sample I look up the cream, thinking I'll buy it next time I'm at Boots.

It's 62.

Clarins, I hate you for making me think that spending that kind of money on face cream is a good idea.

(Fortunately, the sample is generous enough that I can probably get another month out of it before I have to come to terms with spending 62 on night cream.)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Neeeneee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

At first I thought it gave me a lovely glow, however the glow turned into loads of small spots - total breakout like never before. possibly the worst reaction i have had to a cream, awful. That ia the onlt change in my skincare regime so i'm pretty sure it is the culprit. The pot in unhygienic too. So thick you're pores don't stand a chance. How disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by hopflower

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

When Clarins came out with their Vital Light line I was intrigued. It was given to me as a sample first, in the Vital Light Day version. I tried it for a week and really enjoyed using it. It seemed to smooth skin, reduce redness, hydrate, and had a light pleasant scent. I was using Restorative Cream for mature skins at night. This proved to be a little too rich for me; and the scent was a bit cloying as well. I decided it was not for me, even though I have used Clarins products for years with few returns during that time. Still, not every product suits everyone in the best of lines, of which I can certainly count Clarins.

I needed a night cream as I did not have a suitable one, so remembering the experience with the Vital Light Day cream, asked about the Vital Light Night Cream for All Skin Types. These are also called Capital Lumiere Creams in French, which is beautiful name. There is a richer one which is called a comfort cream for dry skin; but I don't need anything too heavy. The Night Cream is a peach hued whipped cream delight of a treatment. It is light and melts into the skin, without being greasy or heavy. The fragrance dispels fairly quickly, although it is pleasant on. This cream is supposed to be the newest in skin care, promising to be anti-aging and helping to boost microcirculation to ensure that you wake to a healthy-looking and revitalized complexion. It refreshes and rebuilds collagen while you sleep; and works with the Day Cream to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and to restore luminosity from within. This is quite a claim, but I think it might be on the right track; since using these creams I have noticed a plumpness, a luminosity, and glow that I don't think I had before. While there are no miracle creams, some are better than others and with these two, Clarins does not disappoint. I think I picked a couple of winners here. If you are dealing with mature skin, they might work for you as well, as there are two formulas for each cream. While very pricey, they are supposed to last for 18 months upon opening, which is a good long time to get your skin in top shape! I would say, definitely, that they are worth it.

18 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No