April 20, 2014 | 1677 users online

Cleansers - Lancome - Galateis Clarte

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by shortsmallsweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the only make-up remover that I'm still using since I started using make-up in 2005. My mum is an avid user of Lancome and so we've never had a shortage of Lancome products at home. This cream-liquid cleanser is gentle, removes make-up (even waterproof mascara) very efficiently, and I never ever broke out from this. I usually use 2 pumps for the whole face. I like how it makes my combination-sensitive skin feel calm and comfortable, and I don't feel any oiliness after cleansing. A long-term product in my skincare routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 3:18:00 AM More reviews by 2010jesslee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is very gentle, with nice smell too. I have been using it for more than 2 years now, but I have not decided to change to other product yet.
Sometimes I use the Bobbi Brown cleansing oil but most of the time I use this cleansing milk. Although I think Bobbi Brown do a better job to get rid of mascara, this product never cause any irritation or break out so I love it~

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 12:58:00 PM More reviews by mspatuta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used in three years ago, 4 or 5 jars in total. It was my favorite makeup remover. It made my skin clean, not feel dry at all, and noncomedogenic. The price in HK is just okay. However, since I moved to US, I cannot find it anywhere and have to transfer to Estee Lauder Take it Away, which also works for me well, but I love Lancome's smell a little better. The thing is, it's discontinued, and even the official site doesn't carry this product any smore. I think it is not smart for the company to give up the good stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2009 7:12:00 AM More reviews by angeladrylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I used to use this in the mornings as I really dislike wetting my face in the mornings - weird, I know, but hey. Especially in winter. I would apply some to a cotton pad, wipe around my face, including my eyes, and then tone. This was an adequate routine for me and did not agravate my sensitive combo acne prone skin. I also used it in the evenings to remove eye makeup and I liked that it was gentle enough for that. It is a light milky lotion with a light fragrance and is sold in a pump bottle. I have to say it is the best milk no-rinse cleanser I have thus tried, as most of them leave my skin hot, red and burning. This did not seem to leave a sticky residual (toning removed any last traces easily) and was nice and gentle. If it wasn't for Lancome's animal testing, I would purchase again in a heartbeat.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by nikki16

I bought this product today with the intention of using it as a make-up remover. I find that it does a good job of cleansing the makeup from my face and eyes but instead of wiping it with a cotton pad like the directions suggest, i risned it off. Although it did leave my skin a little dry, my face felt soft and relativley smooth. One of the main reasons I like this product is the fact that it didn't make my sensitive skin red and hot like a lot of other cleansers do. I think i will only continue using it as a makeup remover because i would find the strong scent too overpowering if i used it everyday.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by shaleelo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought this when i was in hon kong and comapred to the prices back home. this is dirt cheap, (got this for 15, compared to the 31.50 price tag in UK)

anyhoo, this strips my skin till theres no moisture left in my skin.

makes my already on the dry side skin worse and didnt take all the makeup i had on off, like the SA told me it would.. just urg

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by lou4k6

I love this cleanser. I found it removed make up really well, i loved the pineapple fruity type smell, so gorgeous! Its so creamy but not overly rich, because i have sensitive skin and break out with a lot of rich products but did not with this at all. It caused absolutely no breakouts and didnt make my oiliness worse at all, it helped to keep my skin feeling fresh and clean, i paid 15GBP for this in superdrug, thats a little too pricey for me, btw i loved the packaging, lovey 5lippes for that ! Recommend if youve got the $$$$$$ for it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 4:02:00 AM More reviews by themadhattress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought Galateis Clarte to use as a makeup remover, but unfortunately it does not remove makeup well. It smells weird too, although I like how it removes oil without drying my skin. I'm going to keep it to use on days when I don't want to over-wash my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2009 5:04:00 AM More reviews by Mop000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for 3+ years. My skin is impossible and this is the ONLY product in the last few years I have not only finished but continually re-purchased. Very occasionally I get bored and try another cleanser and regret it bitterly! I have extremely dehydrated, sensitive skin. I implore everyone to buy this so they never discontinue it!!

This cleanser smells really old lady-ish I have to say. Don't let that put you off. I really wasn't convinced about it at first - I thought it was pretty boring and wasn't going to do much - but I persisted and am so pleased I did. Like previous reviewers say, you definitely do have to rinse it off rather than tissue off. It works very well removed with a washcloth or just by splashing your face - it's quite thin and rinses off like a cleansing oil does. It has worked absolute wonders on my nightmare skin. It also does a good job of removing waterproof eye make up because of the mineral oil. The ingredients list is a bit off-putting as it's not exactly au naturel but who cares it works and I find it incredibly difficult to find things that do! I have tried pretty much every type of cleanser under the sun: super-expensive/natural/off-the-shelf Boots/home-made.........the list goes on.....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2008 9:43:00 PM More reviews by gmb

Was having problems with my skin being terribly dried out from a different cleanser when I started to use this product. Within a few days my skin has never been better. Does not dry my skin at all. Have always had somewhat sensitive and acne prone skin that is now starting to dry out in patches. This cleanser seems to be really adapting and gentle to my combination skin. I apply with fingers, massage, then remove with cotton swab. Removes makeup well, but need about 1 1/2 squirts. With no makeup need only 1 squirt. Use the Tonique Doceur after to remove traces. Lasts ages!!