August 20, 2014 | 1136 users online

Cleansers - Boots - No 7 Radiance Boosting Hot Cloth Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 6:50:00 AM More reviews by babycat1973

I use this to give my face a bit of an 'extra' clean, so I remove my make-up first and then use it. I like it, it's a bit time consuming, but leaves my skin thoroughly clean and feeling lovely. I have not had any problems with my cloth, but maybe if others are finding it too rough, they could try washing it beforehand to soften it a little? All in all it's a nice cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 7:43:00 AM More reviews by beautybash90

i love this hot cloth cleanser, it made my skin feel very soft and keeps it clear, i like the soft clean scent of the product and it has a brilliant consistancy. i prefer massaging this on to my face then i do liz earle, i do however think it is a little pricey for what it is, i imagine part of the price is to do with the name, however with the £5 off voucher from no7, this makes it a fantastic product! x

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by zoeclare1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Unfortunately this product is far too rich. Brought my skin out in small bumps and didn't make my skin feel smooth :(. Cleanse and polish is way better x

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by supasparkle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Loved the feel of this cleanser and felt it really cleansed my skin well. However I noticed my skin felt quite greasy in the morning, and after two days I came out in an itchy acne rash along my chin and jawline which took well over a week to heal! I will stick to my body shop cleansers in future...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by sezasunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So this was my first attempt at finding a Liz Earle dupe. I love Liz, but that woman's expensive! £25 for 200ml; this was £5 for 200ml with No°7 voucher. Those figures speak for themselves.

I'm no ingredient buff, but I did check this one out - cocoa butter, a vegetable oil derivative and olive derivative. No essential oils like lovely Liz has, but for the price I'm not surprised.

On opening you're greeted by a really cheap, nasty muslin cloth (really Boots?! It's a cotton cloth - sort it!) - half a lippy off!

Next the packaging - booyah!!! That's gold standard stuff! Every cleanser should have this packaging. It's a pump that forces the product up the tube. It's not simply a long tube. Aesthetically it's also very pleasing

The cleanser itself.... Very creamy. Smooths on easier than Liz, but Liz's is sinking in so we let it off... It's nice to have a good massage with this and really get it in the skin.

Next half lippy of for the smell... I can cope, but it's highly artificial - some aloe based nonsense smell!

I've been using my Liz muslin cloths to remove the product.

It left my skin beautifully soft, bright, and didn't get oily through the day. It's all I could ask for!

Will be stocking up while the £5 offer is on :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by oneskyred

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

As others have stated the cloth is a bit rough, but I dont use it during my routine. As I have quite acne prone skin, just to make sure Im keeping bacteria off I use a soft piece of kitchen roll to wipe this off, that way I know I'm using something clean every time without having a mass of laundry!

On to the actual cleanser. I was using Liz Earl before this, which I love, but had a bottle of this that needed using. Its actually very similar in texture and smell. I do find however that it doesn't bring makeup off quite as well, and so will probably go back to Liz Earl once this has run out. I don't normal'y tone, but have found myself having to just to get the extra makeup off, especially around my eyes which was never a problem with the Liz Earl cleanser.

The packaging is great and comes in a huge tub for a great price. So for those of you who like the Liz Earl hot cloth cleanser but want to save some cash, this is a good alternative that is great value for money. Probably better for those who dont wear makeup, or atleast eye makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Chandler0505

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

So, I just got this today, but it's going back tomorrow.

I'll start by saying the price is great, and the packaging is amazing! I really wanted to like this, I love a lot of Boots products.

I used this on dry skin, and followed the instructions to the letter. The cloth was so rough and nearly painful- I couldn't even fathom bringing it near my eyes.

After really cleansing, I rinsed and looked in the mirror and I could still see my eyebrow powder, traces of sunscreen and my mascara was intact (probably because I wasn't bringing the torture cloth near my eyes)

I normally use Boots cleansing gel (which is amazing!) so I used that to finish what the hot cloth couldn't do. So much makeup came off on the microfiber cloth I prefer to use!

I understood this to be a one step makeup remover/cleanser like my gel cleanser, but it just didn't work. Even if I remove my makeup first, I don't hold out hope for any cleansing (based on my towel condition post cleanse)

My face now feels irritated and angry from the rough cloth and having to double cleanse.

I gave 2 lippies for the price and packaging. But I'm going to return this and stick with my gel cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by CPbear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic cleanser. I use this every evening when I have a hot shower.. I dampen my face and massage it in and leave it for about 3-4 mins then rinse it off. It's silky smooth and creamy to put on. While you leave it on it feels really comfortable on the skin and when you rinse it off your skin feels smooth and supple. When I get out of the shower my face looks clean and radiant. I can't comment on the cloth part of the routine as I don't use it like this. I have dry-combination skin and it never feels tight after using this, just radiant.

*If you like this cleanser and have dry skin I also really recommend this one: Gatineau - Nutriactive Lily Make Up Remover For Dry Skin. I have also reviewed it. It's more of a cold creamy cleanser to use with a cotton pad but leaves dry skin like velvet..

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by faeriesmak2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very dry skin that gets even dryer in Winter. This stuff is a lifesaver! It does not dry my skin, it takes all ALL of my makeup, and it is inexpensive. Since I have started using this paired with L'Oreal Golden Balm my skin has totally cleared up.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by vmajor2387

This is a fabulous cleanser. The pump dispenser is genius, it allows you to see how much product is left as you go along. The product itself is very good. The consistency is really lovely - a rich creamy texture. The smell is pleasant.
I find that the product does exactly what it claims to if you follow the instructions: it removes all of my makeup without making my face feel dry and tense. I believe my skin's overall condition has improved. I am removing one lippie on account of the cloth, which is ok - but a little flimsy.