December 18, 2014 | 1796 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lipstick in Paramount

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by ohcaitlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am porcelain. as. heck. n3, with black hair. Ooph. A winged liner in my go to with bold, arched brows - always. I was looking for a cooler, deep browny red lipstick. Then I stumbled across Paramount and memories (while still very recent) of Daria and Hole flooded my noggin. This lipstick is very 90s in the best way possible. Bold. Creamy/non drying. Applies beautifully and is long lasting. Scrub those lips first, line with Current liner (also by MAC) and you'll be set. I apply Cubic blush and Malt e/s. I use NYXs Milk jumbo pencil to highlight my Cupid's bow ever so slightly. Try it out in store. My best tip is, if you can't do a quick lip scrub in store, kindly ask to apply their pinky purple brush cleaner to the lips with a qtip. I know the alcohol in it is gnarly for the lips, but it's a quick fix to clean & dry the lips effectively.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by jennita

This is my go-to lipstick--it's always in my purse. I have light/medium skin tone with dark brown eyes and dark brown hair. This can be put on directly for a dramatic look or blotted for a nice stained look. It has good staying power but I extend that by putting it over a nude lip liner (Wet n Wild #712).
Matte finish, smells/tastes good, lots of pigment.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This color takes me back. That perfect brown/red from the 1990s. I have dark blonde hair and fair skin with green eyes and this color is a great neutral. I can vary the color intensity by using a lip brush or applying right from the tube. I use a red lip liner under to bring our the red or no lip liner at all if I was a nice brown tone.

The wear time is great like all the Satin finishes. And it does not dry my lips out.

If you re looking for a brown that won't wash you out or need a bit of red in your brown this is the color for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Annelien1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of my top 5 mac lipsticks. It's so 90's, I LOVE IT!! I don't really use a lipliner with this one,because I don't have a brown one (yet) but it works well for me on its own. It's not a flattering colour, I agree, but sometimes I want to be different. I'm so sick of all the pinks and nudes, I wanted to have a pure brown lipstick (I have film noir but that's almost brown - black, a bit too dark for daytime).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Siimie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am always surprised by the negative views on lipsticks that I love, so much so that if I'm shopping online I start looking for (negative) keywords that people use so I can try to find other similar shades.

I love Paramount! This beautiful brownish red color is my current daily lipstick. I have hazel-green eyes, pale skin, and auburn hair and this just ties together and polishes pretty much any look. My lips are always a bit dry (chronic lip balm user here) but I don't find this lipstick drying perse. For now, and until they discontinue this lilŽbeauty, I will keep buying.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought online this after seeing a swatch of it on a website devoted to MAC products. Lesson learned: stop buying colors based on swatches seen online.

This color isn't totally terrible. It pulls a little more red and "loud" than I like, but when applied with a light hand it's actually tolerable bordering on flattering. The two pluses for this lipstick is its staying power and the packaging. I usually apply it first thing in the morning before my morning latte. By the time I arrive at school, the color has toned down a bit and looks rather nice. By the end of the day, the lipstick itself is virtually gone but I'm left with a rather nice stain that I usually just reapply Chapstik over.

The downside - it's drying. I have always found that to be the case with most MAC lipsticks and this is no exception. I doubt I will repurchase this as it takes me years to get through a lipstick and again, it's just a bit too loud and dry for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a deep red colour, almost going into brown... at least that's how I see it. It seems too "goth" for me, but applies nicely. Let's just say how it looks in the tube doesn't really accurately portray it on the lips. I'll keep it as a collection but it's nothing I'd go out and buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by trinigal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gothic looking even on me and im nc50. I didn' like it at all, i returned it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by malini2b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As others have noted, Paramount is a deep brick red color -- it's also highly pigmented and glides on smoothly. On its own, it's quite bold and attractive if you're going for a bold, brick-red lip. But topped with a deep pink lipgloss, it becomes a beautiful dark (but not too dark) and bright red lip, especially on olive and dark skin. I'm an NC42, and for my wedding day three years ago, my MUA applied Paramount with Star Nova lipgloss on top. It's a fabulous combo for Indian brides and for others who are just looking for a glam, bold look. It's not something I personally would wear often, but I loved the look for my wedding day and think it's great for glamming it up on a night out. I'm not sure I'd buy it again -- I like MAC lipsticks but find so many equally good and cheaper options from Revlon, etc., plus I know the one I have will last me for ages.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by nell01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wear this lipstick with Mac's Chestnut lip liner which makes it look dark brown. Nothing special about this lipstick.