MAC Lipstick in Paramount

3.8

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is a beautiful cool red-brown shade. It goes on smoothly and it was my go-to for a long time. I used Paramount for daytime and MAC Film Noir for when I wanted something a little more dramatic.

I stopped using it when I found out that MAC, a company that has always been cruelty-free, is now funding animal testing so they can market in China. Additionally, their website has become an unusable beast if you don't have a very fast internet connection. It's worse than Myspace ca. 2009 or so.

But the lipstick itself is great, and it's inexpensive enough that you can use it all the time with no worries. I do want to be fair and say that I really, really liked this lipstick. I just wish they would go cruelty-free again. I would be happy to purchase MAC products again if they do that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is the perfect brown/red shade for me! I pair it with MAC Chesnut lip liner in order for it to become even darker and sometimes, I wear the lipstick on its own. It's highly pigmented and the staying power is really good.

I find that I wear this colour mostly in the autumn/winter and nights out.

It's a beautiful shade and I would definitely repurchase again :)

I like paramount , del rio and vg III but if I had to choose one id pick paramount they are all very similar paramount being the darkest of the three I find it unique and a nice color its more brown than anything maybe a hint of burgandy but for the most part a nice crisp brown for fall n winter thatI think looks good on all skin tones.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am porcelain. as. heck. n3, with black hair. Ooph. A winged liner in my go to with bold, arched brows - always. I was looking for a cooler, deep browny red lipstick. Then I stumbled across Paramount and memories (while still very recent) of Daria and Hole flooded my noggin. This lipstick is very 90s in the best way possible. Bold. Creamy/non drying. Applies beautifully and is long lasting. Scrub those lips first, line with Current liner (also by MAC) and you'll be set. I apply Cubic blush and Malt e/s. I use NYXs Milk jumbo pencil to highlight my Cupid's bow ever so slightly. Try it out in store. My best tip is, if you can't do a quick lip scrub in store, kindly ask to apply their pinky purple brush cleaner to the lips with a qtip. I know the alcohol in it is gnarly for the lips, but it's a quick fix to clean & dry the lips effectively.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my go-to lipstick--it's always in my purse. I have light/medium skin tone with dark brown eyes and dark brown hair. This can be put on directly for a dramatic look or blotted for a nice stained look. It has good staying power but I extend that by putting it over a nude lip liner (Wet n Wild #712).
Matte finish, smells/tastes good, lots of pigment.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This color takes me back. That perfect brown/red from the 1990s. I have dark blonde hair and fair skin with green eyes and this color is a great neutral. I can vary the color intensity by using a lip brush or applying right from the tube. I use a red lip liner under to bring our the red or no lip liner at all if I was a nice brown tone.

The wear time is great like all the Satin finishes. And it does not dry my lips out.

If you re looking for a brown that won't wash you out or need a bit of red in your brown this is the color for you.

One of my top 5 mac lipsticks. It's so 90's, I LOVE IT!! I don't really use a lipliner with this one,because I don't have a brown one (yet) but it works well for me on its own. It's not a flattering colour, I agree, but sometimes I want to be different. I'm so sick of all the pinks and nudes, I wanted to have a pure brown lipstick (I have film noir but that's almost brown - black, a bit too dark for daytime).

I am always surprised by the negative views on lipsticks that I love, so much so that if I'm shopping online I start looking for (negative) keywords that people use so I can try to find other similar shades.

I love Paramount! This beautiful brownish red color is my current daily lipstick. I have hazel-green eyes, pale skin, and auburn hair and this just ties together and polishes pretty much any look. My lips are always a bit dry (chronic lip balm user here) but I don't find this lipstick drying perse. For now, and until they discontinue this lilŽbeauty, I will keep buying.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought online this after seeing a swatch of it on a website devoted to MAC products. Lesson learned: stop buying colors based on swatches seen online.

This color isn't totally terrible. It pulls a little more red and "loud" than I like, but when applied with a light hand it's actually tolerable bordering on flattering. The two pluses for this lipstick is its staying power and the packaging. I usually apply it first thing in the morning before my morning latte. By the time I arrive at school, the color has toned down a bit and looks rather nice. By the end of the day, the lipstick itself is virtually gone but I'm left with a rather nice stain that I usually just reapply Chapstik over.

The downside - it's drying. I have always found that to be the case with most MAC lipsticks and this is no exception. I doubt I will repurchase this as it takes me years to get through a lipstick and again, it's just a bit too loud and dry for me.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is a deep red colour, almost going into brown... at least that's how I see it. It seems too "goth" for me, but applies nicely. Let's just say how it looks in the tube doesn't really accurately portray it on the lips. I'll keep it as a collection but it's nothing I'd go out and buy again.

Recommended for Medium Skin