John Frieda Go Blonder Lightening Spray

2.7

WATER, HYDROGEN PEROXIDE, POLYSORBATE 20, DISODIUM PHOSPHATE, PHOSPHORIC ACID, VP/VA COPOLYMER, FRAGRANCE, POLYQUATERNIUM-47, POLYQUATERNIUM-55, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, EXT. VIOLET 2, VITIS VINIFERA, (GRAPE) JUICE EXTRACT, ALCOHOL, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA), FLOWER EXTRACT, CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM (LEMON) PEEL EXTRACT, GLYCERIN, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED EXTRACT, VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED EXTRACT TOCOPHEROL, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really love this product!

on 4/27/2015 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Left my hair with a gummy residue thay is impossible to remove. My once healthy, thick hair is now falling out and clogging the shower drain every other day. There are tiny hairs on top that stick up that are a few inches long and broken. No deep conditioner or clarifying shampoo has helped and I am forced to cut my long hair into a bob. Do not try it. You'll love it at first, but once you stop using it is when you'll notice the damage. DON'T DO IT.

on 4/15/2015 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have brown hair which highlights easily in the sun. My hair turns red/copper then blonde.
I am Asian/Hawaiian/European.
I am trying to recreate an ombre effect on my hair- so I am applying product form the roots up to about mid level after showering/towel drying hair, then blow drying the hair.
I noticed a difference in my hair with subtle highlights beginning after only 2 uses.

I have also tried using the product without heat styling and still noticed a difference, but not as quickly or as intense.

Although I have brown/brunette hair, this product has not made my hair brassy/orange, which I was very concerned about. Going to continue using and will update with photo evidence!

on 2/8/2015 7:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

personally this product is great, it worked really fast for me. I never used a blow dryer or flat iron afterwards, i just went in the sun which is probably why my hair didnt go dry or anything like that i would definately recommend it.

on 11/8/2014 3:32:00 PM

My hair did not like this product. It dried my hair out so bad it caused breakage. I'm a natural blonde but was looking for more color dimensions. Took me forever to get my hair healthy again. Wouldn't recommend it for people with dry hair.

on 9/29/2014 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I completely agree with reviewer below, etain_anders. I have dark blonde hair and this highlighting spray is easily a HG item for me. I will be insanely upset if this ever gets discontinued and will probably hoard the stuff. I used to dye my hair but when I over processed it one time, I made the decision that I either quit dying or quit flat ironing because I didn't want both forms of damage, so I gave up on the dye. I needed something to brighten though because my natural colour was just drab so I gave this a try. As my old hair colour (lightened on top) was growing out, the greys showed and you could see the roots - yuck - but after using this for just a little while, they disappeared and it looked like I'd still been lightening it. It literally hid my greys and matched up to the previous lightened dyed hair. I have been using it now for probably 4 or 5 years now and there is no turning back!

I use it after each shower (once every 3 days) and only spray the root area - maybe 6 or 7 'spritzes', and that's it. I just blow dry the front face framing layers - because that's the most important part and with my fringe and waves, it just needs some coercing to look good, and I leave it to air dry. I don't have broken or fried hair and I don't saturate my whole head. It just looks naturally lightened on the top layers and the darker natural colour shows at the bottom so it looks dimensional. I've lost count on how many people have asked who does my hair and what I do and all I can do is leave John Frieda the credit.

It takes a few uses to see the results so don't give up after one or two uses, but suddenly you'll notice that your hair is lighter. On my natural shade, it works really well but I don't know how well it works on darker shades. The darker you hair, the more orange or red you're going to pull so if your hair is darker, test for a couple weeks in an inconspicuous area.

FWIW, I have tried just using 3% hydrogen peroxide but that did nothing. I generally find JF products to be prices for d/s so I tried to make my own, but I have to admit, this stuff is magic for me so I'm committed to keep buying it until there is no more left in the world. (I'll be fighting etain_anders for the last bottle, LOL! :)

Hi, I have used this product off and on for years, loved it. Loved the blonde color I got from it. That is up until last year. It did the same thing to my hair that I have been reading about. My hair snapped at the top part of my hair, at my part, leaving me with two inch sections of hair. My hair went completely fuzzy, could not do anything with it, horrible. Only recently started getting it cut a bit as it was too short to cut. My bangs were, are like cotton candy. It has been almost a year of trying to repair the damage and nothing has worked. I did just recently find something that is making my hair once again amazing. I wanted to share as I feel like I have tried everything and nothin had worked so far. I am sure I have spent over 600 dollars on products. The one that is working is Goldwell, daily masque, it has keratin and silk, I believe. So far it is bringing my hair back to a healthy way. I have lived with ponytails for the past year, trying to save my hair from heat etc. I have had to use a straightner on my bangs to try to keep them down, low heat of course. I don't know if it will stop working eventually, but I thought I would try to help others with my problem.

on 8/27/2014 10:52:00 PM

I have a reddish-blondish hair color and I really liked the way it brightened and lightened my hair to make it more vibrant. However, it gave me a rash on the back of my neck so I won't be purchasing it again. I'm really disappointed because I thought it really was a great product and was just what I was looking for. I believe it consists of mostly hydrogen peroxide so it does tend to dry out your hair a bit.

on 8/25/2014 7:19:00 PM

I have fine, straight, dark blond hair--sort of dishwater blond. I've tried different dyes to lighten my hair with little to no results. This is the only thing that REALLY works. If you're a brunette I doubt this will do anything for you, but my fellow blondes who just want to go a few shades lighter and/or brighter, this stuff is MAGIC. I spray it on my towel-dried hair after a shower and then blow dry hot, and every time I do it get's a little blonder. It's now a lovely golden blonde, and I did this without harsh dyes that would fry my hair! In fact, I should probably ease off this stuff because I think I'm reaching maximum blondness.

I got the trial size free, bought my first full-size when that ran out, and just recently bought bottle number two. I would definitely stress that you should use after showering WITH HEAT and do so at least four times before you give up. I quit before because I didn't see immediate results (and I wasn't using a blow dryer). It was only after I started using it regularly and blow drying after that my hair started lightening. Really, if I ever hear of this being discontinued, I'll have to buy a dozen bottles and figure out how to freeze them or something. Nothing else works so well.

on 8/19/2014 5:39:00 PM

My hair is naturally blond however its this "average blond" everyone has. I like it to be lighter so after summer my ends usually get lighter, which looks bad in winter when my natural hair grows out. As I didnt want to die my hair I bought this John Frieda product and I LOVE IT! It changes my hair by three nuances. I usually put the product only into my roots and blow dry them. It says that the product works better under hot conditions. However the first time I used it my hair looked a bit ginger but firstly I dont mind it and second it might be due to my genes. Overall I've used it since three years and bought this summer my second bottle so it lasts pretty long. I think its a great alternative for hair colour.