April 16, 2014 | 1615 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Carmex - Healing Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Marzipan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am an RN and I wash my hands a million times per day. This cream dries fast and leaves skin S O F T. Only concern I have is it is kind of pricey for the amount you get in the tube. And the smell is sort of medicinal, but I don't mind it too much. Overall this is the perfect cream for nurses hands!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by mariaterzian

I use this cream for my dry feet ... I apply on my feet and put socks on. After a while my feet are soft and moistured. Dont mind the smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

A variation on the Carmex theme - again -a very strong Carmex smell - the lavender menthol vanllla amber . You must love the smell to use this cream . Excellent for elbows and heels ,feet.It's soothing and moisturising. I actually love this more than the ointment variation LOVE the smell of this cream too and this is probably sacrilege ....but it pairs wonderfully with Musc Ravaguer by Frederic Malle. There definitely IS a similarity in smell to FM's Musc Ravageur. So die hard Musc Ravageur fans - take note- this greatly accompanies that scent.
Only thing is 1 lippie off for packaging .At the moment I can only find the tiny tins of this cream for a dollar in Walgreen's - what's up with that ?? They need this in a large jar for it to be of any practical use and economics.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by brio815

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I picked up a travel size for 99 cents at walgreens. They had the healing cream & healing lotion. I'm unsure of the difference. So far I like the healing cream. It's not too thick or too thin. It sinks right into the skin. It's not greasy. It's smooth once applied & rubbed in. It has the carmex scent but very light. I like it & would purchase a larger size.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2012 2:16:00 AM More reviews by MissxCindy

It does help moisturize without a greasy feel. I don't mind the scent, but it may bother some. Personally, I wouldn't use it around others since the scent can bother some people.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by limari87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Saw this product on clearance at Walgreens for $2 and I decided to try it. Turns out I absolutely love it! I actually regret not getting the other ones that were along with this one. It's regular price might be a bit high but it's totally worth it. I love the scent and feel it leaves behind while moisturizing dryness.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by ichig021

It's been about a month since I bought the Carmex Healing Cream and have been using it every day. My verdict? I am loving it so far! I haven't tried the lotion version yet so I can't compare but I like that this cream is not too heavy and doesn't leave me feeling greasy after putting it on -- which is mainly on my hands and heels. It is the only cream so far that keeps my heels soft until the next morning. I know some people may be put off by the smell but I actually like it -- it's not too strong and doesn't give me a headache. I carry this around in my purse, wherever I go! Definitely give it a try.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I got 2 little tins of this cream because they're light weight to carry in my purse. My skin is very dry and my hands chap easily from the weather. I didn't realize the cream would smell just like the original Carmex lip treatment, a medicinal, mentholated sort of scent. It does fade to a lighter sweeter scent, but I would not classify it at all as a food-y type sweet, more like medicated balm you use for sore muscles. Its a thick white cream that feels somewhat cool going on, but not as much as say a peppermint type foot lotion. It's not "cosmetically elegant," in that it does not make my dry, chapped hands look smoother, more moisturized. In fact oddly enough it seems to highlight their dry appearance at least at first. I have only begun using it so these are first impressions. I am now using it as a foot cream at night, saving the tin to put my Nivea (blue tin) in, since that makes parched skin gleam a bit and feel better. I won't keep using on my hands even if there are longer term benefits to be had in time. Thd reason being that I absentindedly touch my face, rub my eyes etc. I don't want to accidentally get any product with ingrediants that cause it to have a mentholated scent, get near my eyes, or on my face which is very sensitive. I see many like it but speaking for the tin alone which is meant to be toted along in a purse, its not good for that purpose if you apply hand cream during the day at work, or around others due to the strong scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by sjovan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have dry, cracked knuckles from washing my hands so much at work. I tried quite a few lotions and this was the only one that helped. It's thick and rubs right into my skin. It has a very light sweet vanilla-y scent. I also like that it has a flip-top lid. I'm so glad a friend gave this to me because I may never have tried it on my own. They also sell little tins of this and they're great for travel but a little messy to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Rogue09

I love this healing cream!! I have exzema and after using this cream it has really helped "calm" my skin from the dry and itchy patches. I wouldn't say its a miracle cream but it works better than the pricer drugstore creams and lotions. The only reason I didn't rate it a 5 is because I am not a big fan of the signature carmax scent, however it fades into a very light vanilla scent after you have it on a while. I will definately repurchase!