September 16, 2014 | 1677 users online

Lotions/ Creams - St. Ives - Naturally Indulgent Coconut Milk & Orchid Extract Lotion

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

The smell is heavenly, but the smell cannot compensate for the lack of moisture in this lotion. I am an admirer of St. Ives products, but I guess lotions are off of my list. bottle has a generous amount for the price and the pump is never faulty. When you press the pump, the formula is very light and thin. It comes out a white color and rubbing it on my skin is easy because it is easily absorbed. Even though it is easily absorbed, I see no real difference in my skin even after using it for months on end. It's like any other body lotion on a shelf. There is this white patch of skin on my arm and it has returned even if I use this lotion on it. While I was using Aveeno's lotion, the patch went away. This lotion isn't moisturizing enough and the formula needs to be thicker. If you like things that smell good, this is for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by missbliss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I picked this up in the spray version. It's the kind of lotion that keeps skin soft when it's already in decent shape. If I were having dryness, I would need to use something heavier. . But for now it's perfect.

It's fun to use in the morning and the scent layers very nicely over my Dove Pistachio & Cream soap. The scent is somewhat strong at first but quickly fades. I can still smell it a few hours later if I actually sniff my arm.

The only thing that might affect a repurchase is how long the spray bottle lasts. I'm kind of skeptical of their value, since it is less product for extra money. But then again, I've thrown out many bottles of lotion because they outlived my eagerness to use them.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by rustybag

I bought this in the lotion spray version at Walmart for about $6. A couple of other companies used to make lotion sprays that I liked, and are now discontinued, so I thought I would try this one. The spray itself is nice. The lotion is very silky and light, so I think it's good for warmer weather, or when you don't need a lot of moisture. It absorbs right away and leaves skin soft.

Not crazy about the scent, though. I really like the coconut milk body wash, which has a creamy, sweet, coconut scent, and was hoping this would be similar (and that the addition of the orchard extract would just be the extract, without lots of scent). But you can really smell the orchid. I barely detect any coconut at all. This is not a bad scent, I was just looking for a coconut scent, and not anything so floral. Probably would not buy again, unless they made one to match the scent of the body wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by missjolene204

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review actually could apply for all St. Ives lotions because they are all amazing but I chose this particular one because I love, love, love the scent. My boyfriend loves coconut scented body washes and lotions and usually I favor more clean, fresh scents but I decided to try this one for him and I'm so glad I did. It smells sweet but it's not overbearing. I loved the scent enough to even purchase the body wash in the same scent. As far as the lotion itself is concerned, I swear by St. Ives brand. I've used almost every single kind they have to offer and they are all extremely moisturizing without being the least bit greasy which is great when you have to step outside during the summer in south Texas...the last thing you want is a greasy lotion on your skin. They all smell great as well. No, they don't last 24hrs but I think it would be strange to need a lotion to last that long anyway... They last all day like I need them to. Highly, highly recommend this lotion. I gave the packaging only 4 lippies because like other reviewers, I agree that the pump does suck once the bottle is almost empty but that's the ONLY downside to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by tiffany287

I love this lotion. The smell is great. I love the all natural ingredients. This lotion is the only lotion I will buy because of price and ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has a creamy consistency and it absorbs well into my skin. It is glycerine and soy bean oil based which is fine for my skin. While it is not too moisturizing as I want it to be, it makes a nice lotion to use when I don't need anything too heavy and greasy. The scent lasts a good while and is not too coconutty. I agree with others that the scent is quite balanced and I find myself reaching for it when I need a mood boost. I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After falling head over heels for the St. Ives Naturally Soothing Oatmeal & Shea Butter Lotion, I had this Coconut Milk & Orchid Extract on my list of things to try. Honestly, I'm so glad it did. It went on sale for $4CDN and I just snapped it up.

This lotion has a delicious texture just like my HG Naturally Soothing Oatmeal & Shea Butter Lotion. It's thick and creamy! It takes a little bit of time to absorb into skin as well, but I don't mind. While this lotion isn't exactly fast absorbing it is certainly not one of those lotions that you have to rub in for hours (ex. Avon Intensive Care or even Nivea Creme).

This lotion is quite moisturizing as well, but slightly less moisturizing then the Oatmeal & Shea butter. It's much more moisturizing then a few other lotions I've tried such as the Garnier Body Intensive or even the Vaseline Total Moisture lotion.

The smell of this lotion is divine! It's floral sweet and I just love it. Ugh. It's not incredibly strong either, but faint and lovely. I can easily smell the coconut and the soft, powdery scent of the orchid. It's divine. The scent makes it more then a lotion that you use; it's a lotion that you experience.

I would purchase this lotion a million times over. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by oceansun

The scent is not too overpowering it is very balanced. I personally never purchased coconut lotion even though it makes your skin very soft I don't like the coconut smell is too much for my nose. However when I smelled this lotion before purchasing it was perfect! And after using it for three weeks I am still amazed how it leaves my skin so soft, it dries pretty fast and it lasts. Like hours after putting it on my skin feels soft I don't need to apply again, only on my legs sometimes. Really recommend it! PS use it after the shower too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I bought this because I liked the collagen lotion from st. Ives, but not the scent. I love the scent of this one though. I apply it every night after my shower, and it absorbs quickly and isn't greasy. It moisturizes well. I also like that it's paraben free, since I'm putting it all over my body. I like these lotions & I'll likely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because st. Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter lotion is one of my all time favorite lotions but I like coconut scents and decided to try it out. It's a nice lotion with an okay texture, but to be honest this still leaves my skin kinda dry, and I would NOT recommend using this after shaving because it'll feel like you didn't apply lotion in the first place. I usually use this and apply Vaseline w/cocoa butter overtop to seal in the moisture and that helps tremendously, but I shouldn't have to do that with a lotion in the SUMMER. My skin can get ridiculously dry I suppose tho so whatever. The pump sucks near the end of the bottle as do most lotions, so that's not really a problem to me. If you're not looking for a lot of moisture and enjoy the scent of coconut I'd go for this, but for more intense moisture I'd definitely go for their oatmeal shea butter one.