October 2, 2014 | 1714 users online

Cleansers - Etude - Baking Powder Cleansing Foam

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by YevgeniyaLi

Etude House has it in two versions: Baking Powder Cleansing Foam and BB Baking Powder Deep Cleansing Foam. The last one is pretty much the same except that the particles are bigger, so it removes makeup a little bit better.
Overall: nothing special. The smell is nice, not overwhelming, and quite pleasant. Consistency is pasty, rather thick.
You can feel the particles, but unlike the scrub it's gentle, really feels like a baking soda or powder. Foams well, you need only pea-size amount to wash the face.

Cons: doesn't remove any blackheads and I didn't notice any pore improvement so far (using it almost a year, had both BB and usual version)
Would not recommend for dry skill: I have combination to oily skin and still it gives me the drying feeling want to apply some moisturizer right a way.

Price: pretty good (in Korea they often have sales and u can buy 2 bottles for less than 7$).
Packaging: it's very economic (150 ml). I used mine for almost 8 month (everyday use) as you need only small amount of it. The tube is fine, but once you have less than 1/3 left, it's hard to squeeze it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by xxdelta89

I thought this product would be a strong exfoliating product. Instead it is actually very gentle. It smells very neutral and pleasant and lathers very easily when water is applied. The product feels gentle to the skin but has tiny granules to exfoliate the skin. My skin was left squeaky clean but did not feel dried out or scrubbed hard.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by aquasense

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This cleanser is nothing special, as it does not meet up to its claims. Claims that the cleanser will clean out your pores, but doesn't in my experience. However, the cleanser cleans your face pretty decently it just doesn't treat any of your skin conditions. It doesn't seem to make anything worse (breakouts/facial redness), but doesn't calm skin (ie breakouts).

Pros: A little goes a long way, can place a small amount into palm and will lather into a rich foam. Did not make my current breakouts worse/more red. Face appeared to be brighter after use, but effect is not noticeable over a period of time. Gives you a clean feeling after use and during use.

Cons: Did not prevent any breakouts or help clear them up. Did not clear out my pores (as I was consistently checking in the mirror for cleaner pores/less blackheads.) Did not prevent buildup from my pores (I get extractions every 6 weeks and pores still had build-up.) Product does not exfoliate. Makes skin feel dry and tight after pat drying face.

Length of time used: approximately 4-5 months day and night use.

I purchased this product in South Korea, for about 7,000-8,000 Won, currently approximately $7-8.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by annkw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i tried a sample that came with one of my cosmetics hauls and fell in love. it foamed up really well so it was easy to cover the whole face with thick dense foam. i felt like i got a really good wash out of it. so i ordered the full size. after using it for a couple of days, i ended up throwing it away. it dried out my face so much even though i always moisturize after. you can feel how dry your skin is even as you're washing it off. it must be the silica in the product. my skin broke out as a result of being so stripped. i think it smells unpleasant as well.

if you like creamy, dense lather then i would recommend shiseido's perfect whip or the face shop's clean face foam cleanser. they are like this one except without the silica and the little microbeads and they smell much better too. the silica in this cleanser is what gives the skin such an odd texture after cleansing. grainy, almost. dry definitely.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2013 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Sharonc12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Good cleansing foam! It deeply cleanses my pores and it smallen my pores and doesnt dry out my skin like any other cleansing products do. Hehe.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 8:36:00 AM More reviews by jwudy

Wow honestly i didnt expect a lot from this product. Im on a holiday in japan right now and saw it in the etude house store and picked up just cos it was one of the cheapest products in store, but wowwwwww its actually making my blackheads less visible! Ive only used it, what...3 times??? And its clearing up, and trust me, NOTHING that i have used so far has had an impact on my blackheads.

Thanks etude house!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 7:10:00 AM More reviews by miffffy

I buy this every time I'm in Asia. I loooove this cleanser! When I ran out, I contemplated buying it online but I somehow forgot and tried other (more expensive) face washes and it could never top this. The pores on my nose gets clogged easily but with the small little baking powder beads in this cleanser, I'm able to get all the impurities out. My black heads are less noticeable and if I wash my face twice with this, I can take off most, if not all of my makeup, even my eye makeup!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by mndjohn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I've been using it for 2 months now and I feel like my skin is getting better: less breakouts, my T zone is less oily. I like the fact that it doesn't dry out my face after using it. It has a citrus smell. So far so good.for those with dry skin there's a moisture version but I don't know if it works

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Heartfillia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Etude! This product is prof at cleaning bb cream and makes you feel fresh~ Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by inehima

I have been using Etude House Baking Powder Cleansing Foam for about 6 months. The texture is thick and I was surprised to see the reviews mention small grains for exfoliation! I guess I didn't pay close enough attention to that detail. I use about half a pea size on my face cleansing brush and it thoroughly cleanses! There is no residual dirt or makeup on my cotton pad after I use my wonder pore toner. I don't use this if I haven't worn makeup that day and strictly use it to clean after using an oil based makeup remover.

The citrus scent is pleasant but mild and it really leaves you feeling clean without over drying! This was initially a concern of mine since my skin gets dry pretty easily and the skin on my nose acts up randomly.

I would definitely recommend this to others and will re purchase when I'm close to running out!