April 17, 2014 | 1460 users online

Cleansers - Etude - Baking Powder Cleansing Foam

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by annkw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i tried a sample that came with one of my cosmetics hauls and fell in love. it foamed up really well so it was easy to cover the whole face with thick dense foam. i felt like i got a really good wash out of it. so i ordered the full size. after using it for a couple of days, i ended up throwing it away. it dried out my face so much even though i always moisturize after. you can feel how dry your skin is even as you're washing it off. it must be the silica in the product. my skin broke out as a result of being so stripped. i think it smells unpleasant as well.

if you like creamy, dense lather then i would recommend shiseido's perfect whip or the face shop's clean face foam cleanser. they are like this one except without the silica and the little microbeads and they smell much better too. the silica in this cleanser is what gives the skin such an odd texture after cleansing. grainy, almost. dry definitely.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2013 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Sharonc12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Good cleansing foam! It deeply cleanses my pores and it smallen my pores and doesnt dry out my skin like any other cleansing products do. Hehe.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 8:36:00 AM More reviews by jwudy

Wow honestly i didnt expect a lot from this product. Im on a holiday in japan right now and saw it in the etude house store and picked up just cos it was one of the cheapest products in store, but wowwwwww its actually making my blackheads less visible! Ive only used it, what...3 times??? And its clearing up, and trust me, NOTHING that i have used so far has had an impact on my blackheads.

Thanks etude house!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 7:10:00 AM More reviews by miffffy

I buy this every time I'm in Asia. I loooove this cleanser! When I ran out, I contemplated buying it online but I somehow forgot and tried other (more expensive) face washes and it could never top this. The pores on my nose gets clogged easily but with the small little baking powder beads in this cleanser, I'm able to get all the impurities out. My black heads are less noticeable and if I wash my face twice with this, I can take off most, if not all of my makeup, even my eye makeup!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by mndjohn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I've been using it for 2 months now and I feel like my skin is getting better: less breakouts, my T zone is less oily. I like the fact that it doesn't dry out my face after using it. It has a citrus smell. So far so good.for those with dry skin there's a moisture version but I don't know if it works

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Heartfillia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Etude! This product is prof at cleaning bb cream and makes you feel fresh~ Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by inehima

I have been using Etude House Baking Powder Cleansing Foam for about 6 months. The texture is thick and I was surprised to see the reviews mention small grains for exfoliation! I guess I didn't pay close enough attention to that detail. I use about half a pea size on my face cleansing brush and it thoroughly cleanses! There is no residual dirt or makeup on my cotton pad after I use my wonder pore toner. I don't use this if I haven't worn makeup that day and strictly use it to clean after using an oil based makeup remover.

The citrus scent is pleasant but mild and it really leaves you feeling clean without over drying! This was initially a concern of mine since my skin gets dry pretty easily and the skin on my nose acts up randomly.

I would definitely recommend this to others and will re purchase when I'm close to running out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 5:22:00 AM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice foam cleanser. It lathers well and it contains microgranules for achieving some mini-exfoliation. I really like the texture of this. It is really thick and it feels luxurious on the skin. I think it removes makeup and sunscreen quite well, but I just use cleansing oil first to make sure everything is well removed afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 4:08:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I received this as a small sample pack from a swap, and liked it enough that I would not mind having this as part of my winter skin care regimen.

I used to have acne-prone skin but this didn't cause any new acne flare-ups. It smells great--faintly like citrus--contains tiny granules that exfoliate gently while washing away dirt and makeup, foams so well that a drop out of the tube goes a long way (sample pack lasted about 2 weeks), and is creamy enough that it wouldn't leave your face too dry after rinsing. I have combo skin that gets dry and tight during the winter, so I can vouch that this is a good cleanser for dry skin types. It may be hit-or-miss though for oily or acne-prone skin types because the creaminess may feel too heavy.

And for those who already have acne, I would advise using this with caution because while the exfoliating agent is gentle, scrubbing right onto your acne will only irritate it and worsen its condition. By all means try the cleanser, but avoid too much pressure over acne. I would love to have a full tube of this in the future, but I am currently using Neutrogena Naturals Pore Scrub which smells like apples, feels lighter on the skin, and works just as great as an exfoliator.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by daphn3_t

I have been using Etude House Baking Powder Cleansing Foam for almost 2 weeks now and Iím liking it so far. Initially, it was a little drying as I wasnít used to the extremely matte and clean feel after cleansing (I was using Mario Badescuís Enzyme Cleansing Gel before this). I got used to it after a few days though.

The texture is creamy, with small grains for exfoliation. Just a small pea size will do as it foams up very well. I once squeezed out too much, abt 0.6cm worth of it and it foamed up so much it covered my face like a deep cleansing mask! I like it for its uplifting citrus scent and that it contains real baking powder to help scrub away dead skin cells daily. I havenít gotten any pimples so far (knock on wood!!) and my scars have gotten a tad lighter, probably due to the gentle exfoliating action.

Itís a pretty large tube, 170ml and I only paid around S$9-$10 for it, so itís definitely worth the money and wait. Buying via Gmarket Korea is a breeze as well and the item came very well packed. Itís much more worth it to buy online than get it from the shops if you can wait and donít mind the language barrier.